eye_of_the_storm

Mainstream Media Corruption Exposed

CIA Funding and Manipulation of the U.S. News Media Operation Mockingbird was a secret Central Intelligence Agency campaign to influence domestic and foreign media beginning in the 1950s.

According to the Congress report published in 1976:

“The CIA currently maintains a network of several hundred foreign individuals around the world who provide intelligence for the CIA and at times attempt to influence opinion through the use of covert propaganda. These individuals provide the CIA with direct access to a large number of newspapers and periodicals, scores of press services and news agencies, radio and television stations, commercial book publishers, and other foreign media outlets.”

“Whoever controls the media, controls the mind.” -Jim Morrison

http://www.knowledgeoftoday.org/2011/12/anonymous-mainstream-media-corruption.html#.UQGR4Web90Q

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's sad. All the stuff people need to know to free themselves are ... ironically ... freely accessible. Governments have done certain stuff all the time, and it's undisputed. ... But denial is very powerful. You will have people saying that just because the US government has been conducting illegal subversive activities doesn't mean it's doing it NOW. Because, you know, TODAY we have the awesome (insert random president name) as a president.

Those are probably the people who believe that the new washing powder formula is the best there ever was.

• Like 4

You will also hear people saying outright that it's part of good military and political strategy to do so. I don't expect governments not to have strategies. What I'd prefer is that they don't use the ones I disagree with. Haha.

Were the people ruled by Confucious any better off in their understanding of the forces shaping their lives? I threw in that last part because when I complain about the way things are, I like to consider where and when there has ever been a time where these things weren't in effect.

• Like 3

If something truly has merit, the truthness of such will shine through and it wont need misrepresentation in order for a sensible person to recognize the veracity thereof.

When something needs to be misrepresented in order to make it acceptable to people, beware.

Sadly over the last 20 years news has been drifting into the area of infotainment. But we also have more outlets for getting the news. The trick to finding out the truth is looking at several sources and not letting bias's blind you from listening to opposing views and becoming increasingly one sided.

I find Fox sets a new standard in slanting and literally creating their version of the news. All there shows clearly are given instructions on which memes to repeat that day. Whereas MSNBC is slanted, but lacks Fox's Machiavellian touch. Still, even with there bias or because of it, Fox will break stories and do a good job of it that other sides ignore, same w/ MSNBC. Its best to look to foreign papers to get a better non biased look, I often like BBC for concise reports.

Best yet, take a break from all news sources a week or two (at least) each month. They're all a distillation of worst things going on in the world. An 'If it bleeds it leads approach' that distorts our real world view because it ignores the billions of things that going right. It creates a negativity and paranoia thats probably unfounded.

CNN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afS_SYTdK3s

There was also a video I can't find right now, about an MSNBC report of local presidential nomination results, with a ranking 1) 3) 4), while 2) was missing, which is such an obvious self-censoring, because 2) was Ron Paul. They don't even try to hide their degree of corruption.

Foreign media is usually better for info about things that don't affect their country. BBC is doing a lot of spin, too. It's often a mix of sincere, proper journalism and outright propaganda.

My home city struck a deal with China a while ago, and the city administration deceived the people while Chinese media accurately reported about the contents of that deal.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 3

Were the people ruled by Confucious any better off in their understanding of the forces shaping their lives? I threw in that last part because when I complain about the way things are, I like to consider where and when there has ever been a time where these things weren't in effect.

That very thought runs through my mind all the time. Every time I hear somebody say the world is ending or that times are bad, I stop and think over history. Proportionately, I think nothing's changed beyond technological advances and how much land is settled now by people. How's the saying go? "The more things change, the more they stay the same"? People are still being killed over stupid reasons, wars are still started by people with more power than responsibility, grandmas are still the best pastry chefs in the family, mother-in-laws are still the scariest things on the face of the earth, and there will always be some dude with a sign running around claiming we're all about to die horribly from some natural or supernatural phenomenon.

• Like 1

That very thought runs through my mind all the time. Every time I hear somebody say the world is ending or that times are bad, I stop and think over history. Proportionately, I think nothing's changed beyond technological advances and how much land is settled now by people. How's the saying go? "The more things change, the more they stay the same"? People are still being killed over stupid reasons, wars are still started by people with more power than responsibility, grandmas are still the best pastry chefs in the family, mother-in-laws are still the scariest things on the face of the earth, and there will always be some dude with a sign running around claiming we're all about to die horribly from some natural or supernatural phenomenon.

I question the 'always' part of it too. There are suggestions (from studies of other cultures) that these things are not always so. So what makes them so? Some arguments lie along the 'human primate nature' vector (which is an interesting vector to begin with). Others deal with interventions of one kind or another (and what kind exactly is another very interesting one).

Whatever the reasons for the way it is, what I find interesting is knowing it doesn't have to be the way it is.

Laws should be passed that prohibit clear bias in reporting, the spreading of any type of propaganda, or overwhelmingly inaccurate stories. Instead of "news media", we should only have journalism. Real information for the people. The advertising companies or other "powers that be" which pay for the various networks should not ever be able to dictate what is shown and what isn't. If a news corporation lies or hides some facts, they would be operating illegally, and be completely suspended from operation while they are on trial. If found guilty of breaking these laws, that network would never go on the air again, and each individual would be arrested if they attempted to enter the field of journalism again (in another network for instance). They would have to find another job, period...and new people would step up to the plate, and hopefully be more honest.

• Like 1

Laws should be passed that prohibit clear bias in reporting, the spreading of any type of propaganda, or overwhelmingly inaccurate stories.

Either the problem is that there is now law like this, or - like In the UK - there is a law like this, but it's violated so often that you don't find enough people interested in suing. There are a few cases in the UK where the media have been reported for being in violation to the law, but there are so many incidents where nothing is happening.

It's a tactic of flooding, over (potentially) overloading the legal system. Legitimacy through habit. Tyrants do it, the common people still have trouble learning it.

• Like 2

In America, we don't yet have the law, and we currently have multitudes of people that are interested in suing...so there would be no problem.

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 1

I question the 'always' part of it too. There are suggestions (from studies of other cultures) that these things are not always so. So what makes them so? Some arguments lie along the 'human primate nature' vector (which is an interesting vector to begin with). Others deal with interventions of one kind or another (and what kind exactly is another very interesting one). Whatever the reasons for the way it is, what I find interesting is knowing it doesn't have to be the way it is.

True that. The only absolute is that nothing is absolute. ;)

I haven't done a proper study of other cultures in a long time to make a remark. I'd like to assume it has something to do with raising and the population focusing on the greater good for the community rather than best for the individual.

Either the problem is that there is now law like this, or - like In the UK - there is a law like this, but it's violated so often that you don't find enough people interested in suing. There are a few cases in the UK where the media have been reported for being in violation to the law, but there are so many incidents where nothing is happening.

It's a tactic of flooding, over (potentially) overloading the legal system. Legitimacy through habit. Tyrants do it, the common people still have trouble learning it.

Or then you have the dishonesty by omission, like Sen Menendez being under FBI investigation for sleeping with underage hookers in the dominican, goes on ABC for an interview and it wasnt mentioned a single time. Whereas if the guy were republican, libertarian, or in any way shape or form not-progressive, that would have been the first, second, fifth, sixth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, fifteenth, nineteenth, and twentieth of "20 questions" for him.

The media is there to influence peoples opinions and beliefs.

Also used to influence economic markets and skew trends in favor of the powers that be.

• Like 1