Pure veg here.

Makes me fart a lot but that's the beans.

Never known any different so never got used to the idea of eating meat.

Good luck to those who do though, each to their own.

You know... I always wanted to eat a zebra, they look so good when lions eat them

And penguins look like they would be good in a sandwich... sigh...

• Like 1

You know... I always wanted to eat a zebra, they look so good when lions eat them

And penguins look like they would be good in a sandwich... sigh...

" Bring me a crocodile sandwich. And make it snappy"!

Sorry horse guy, the devil made me say it.

;-)

• Like 1

I have Celiac Disease so I eat gluten-free. I've actually taken it a step further and eat mostly paleo, it works well for me. I also don't do dairy (Casein allergy). Getting off processed foods and only getting sugar from natural sources has made a huge difference. Real food tastes so much better now, I can taste more flavors, and feel a need for less sugar and salt. I don't crave cookies or anything like that. Some fruits are too sweet to me now!

HAH first yoga class i went to i wasn't veg and i was holding farts the entire time. Good to know i was among fart-friends

What should i eat on a vegan diet if i want to gain a good amount of weight? i don't sit well with peanuts. What are some good seeds or nuts that aren't anything at all like peanuts? The smell of peanut butter makes me almost have to puke

Sunflower seeds'll pork you up, eventually but you need to eat lots.

We buy a five seed mix to sprinkle on anything we fancy it on and that's fulla goodness but we aint vegans.

That rennet-less vegan cheese is nice though.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Eat them nuts are rich in minerals which are good for the muscles:
1. almond
2. walnut
3. Brazilian nut
4. pecan
5. cashew nut
6. macadamia nut.

My diet is very bland. It consists mostly of vegetables and fruit, though I do eat eggs and dairy sometimes. I don't consume processed food and things which contain sugar.

I eat like this because I believe the diet will give me a clearer mind. I also avoid bread and things made with flour (especially white flour) because they contain too many calories and not too many nutrients considering the former.

In the past few months I haven't eaten meat either, though I wouldn't mind eating it if there wasn't much to eat.

EDIT:

I forgot to talk about what I drink. I drink only water and milk. No sodas and certainly no alcohol.

Edited by safi

My diet is horrible, but I am making minor dietary changes as of late - drinking a lot more water, I don't drink soda anymore. Working on portion control, which is my biggest issue. Trying to start with small stuff, build up momentum for bigger changes later. I'm already trying to change a lot of things in my life, don't want to get overloaded and fail at them all.

Eating healthy is a huge pain in the ass, as far as I see it. Tons of effort required to look for healthy food stores, have to buy every couple of days because fresh food goes bad really fast, and it takes forever to prepare to eat. I can barely make enough time for my practices, let alone acquiring and preparing healthy food.

I know that's something I'm going to have to get over sooner rather than later, but right now I just don't have the time.

That's an interesting possiblity. I know some raw veggies would probably do wonders for my digestive tract.

And I do like salads.

always wondered what the farting is all about, i feel like there has got to be a way to eliminate farting and have perfect bowel movements.

i want to believe in perfect health, but maybe it doesn't exist :closedeyes:

don't eat fruit on top of starches

check out proper food combining

eat the most liquid / digestible food first - solids last

raw foods first then cooked

I go grocery shopping when I get paid. Once every two weeks. Most veggies last that long in my fridge, no problem. So there's no reason not to do that. Eating healthy, for me, is really pretty darn easy. I mean, it would easier to eat bad, but I don't have to go out of my way to eat well. Just have to plan a little more, sometimes.

I eat a ton of veggies, usually a fruit everyday, mostly organic. Lots of rice, quinoa, some whole grain bread but not much, deer or elk when I have it, and usually salmon or tuna once a week. Almonds. Yogurt. Potato and corn chips are my weakness, and that's ok by me.

I have lunch and breakfast out usually once or twice a week, dinner out sometimes once a week, and that usually ends up being a fish burrito, fish sandwich, sometimes burger, greasy breakfast (but with natural greasy ingredients, not crap :) ).

Basically, not much dairy, not much of any processed grain, whole or bleached, not a ton of meat, lots of veggies. Because that's the bulk of my diet, I don't stress when I end up grabbing a burger if I'm out on the town or go to dinner with friends.

I drink a ton of green & oolong tea, lots of water. I have a beer most nights, or wine.

I mostly avoid sugar like the plague. It's terrible for you. I don't dislike it, but it's not a vice of mine, not a weakness...so I just avoid it for the most part.

I feel good. And mostly keep guilt out of it.

Edited by i am

I usually have a fruit smoothie from a blender in the morning -apple, orange, blueberries, pear, bananna etc...with spirilina mix and some nuts

For lunch/dinner I usually have something like...

organic pasta, organic tofu, with garlic, pesto sauce, tomatoes

pizza

spinach canolleni

tofu sausages with organic pasta as above

maybe kievs sometimes

garlic cibatta

soups

Rattatouille

Potato salads

kidney beans/chikpeas

and usually some kind of healthy/gluten free chocolate brownies or some normal sugary chocolate cookies

No fizzy drinks really and not really even commercial fruit juice or tap water, filtered water

I bless most food.

Am fasting now so meat appeals, but my diet has slowly improved but could occasionally be better more vegetables, more beans, chickpeas, lentils, nuts, etc

I eat almost nothing but meat now, for the past 9 months or so. about 20 grams a day of carbs, a little bit of cheese or heavy cream, nuts at times. Lost 40 pounds, triglycerides dropped to half and feeling way more energetic and focused. Reading a lot of nutrition research and finding a lot more support for high fat than for high carbs. Bacon, meatballs, steak, salami, pepperoni, bowls of whipped cream. Not a hardship diet.

• Like 1

Breakfast: Oats with Maple syrup and hemp seed, or two eggs fried in vegetable oil over salad

Snack/lunch: Smoothie, Nuts, and Seeds, Fruit, Veggies and Hummus

Dinner: Greens, Brown Rice, Fish (Salmon, Trout, Sardines) Beans, Whole Wheat Pasta, Fruit, Steamed Vegetables. I use a lot of spices for this meal, and eat the leftovers for lunch the next day.

A lot of days I just snack on Fruits, Veggies, and nuts all day. If I want to eat something bad, I'll just eat it. No use fighting against Ice cream.

I buy thin skinned vegetables organic when I can afford it. The most important things for me to feel good are to limit white flour, sugar, and dairy.

Sinan, may I come to your house for dinner tomorrow? Sounds like there'll be a tasty spread! :)

Hi Rainbow Vein I will likely be fasting tommorow, so there will be no point, but yeh sure sometime it would nice to cook for you :) ha

• Like 1

oh man sinan, your post makes me real hungry. 3 days into fasting myself. how well does spirulina mix with fruit smoothies? it seems like having protein in the smoothie would negate some if not all of the sugary energy high. i put sprouts in mine but only a little and i still get the sugar-serotonin fix. just wondering if adding more protein will make that effect die down at all. do you feel like spirulina provides adequate b12? i hear its a good source, but i also hear it is not very bio available or something. do you have any symptoms of b12 deficiency? trying to figure out if i should supplement

haha I hear you mean...same boat here..hang in there bud lol

Cant even sleep so much energy.

Erm first of all let me just say, do not consider me an authority on this subject, maybe your not, but I am still learning and experimenting with this so yeh.

Ok the spirilina mix includes other things and is organic powder, it mixes quite well I suppose.

I have read or skimmed certain books, eg chinese food on diet and how certain food go well with other types because of five elements or yin and yang, seems quite complicated I have no idea.

I feel like I lack in some kind of "aggressive testosterone" I used to get with meat at least a bit, not sure if this is good or bad lol, but yeh I think the rest of the benefits definately outweigh the that, vitamin b12 can be taken in pill form I used to take but forgot to rebuy also I didnt notice any big effects with it, marmite also has vitamin b12.

I say experiment a bit..

Further ideas for food I left out oh yeah i liked your pancake idea, in india I used to have pancake with chocolate sauce everyday lol...ok i know were fasting so ill stop haha, but yeh wana put that in, avacados nachos, guacamole, sour cream, sushi, stir fry, roasted aubergines, stuffed peppers/celery/dolma (turkish), fajitas, homous, mushrooms, spinach, also I wana add more fruit juice daily.

Less if often more with food, I eat too much it messes with my chi, and eating too late affects wether I sleep well or can do sleeping qigong etc

peace bro