WillingToListen

Kundalini/chi Insomnia

These last couple weeks I've been getting little sleep. I'm averaging around 3-4 hours of sleep a day. I feel fine but, I'm growing concerned that this may start having a detrimental effect on my being- on my life. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with this?

I tend to meditate through it. It doesn't bring me any more sleep. I'm guessing being (mostly) indoors is contributing to it. I'd be interested in other ideas.

I had similar experience for a while. My sleep pattern changed since.

I always wake up around 3am. I used to get upset and take a long time to rest. I felt drained in the morning.

I read somewhere that's the "normal" sleep pattern for the human in the old days. I felt better.

Now, I just relax and meditate. I fall back to sleep very soon.

Do your kundalini excercises only pump chi upward? Too much fire in the head might cause insomnia. You might want to do some excercises to bring the chi down from head.

• Like 2

I'm not into 'productivity' LOL. But I don't seem to worry about not sleeping too much either.

• Like 1

Pray to who/what?

Pray to Fresh Air Jesus.

A brisk walk and some fresh air every day will have you sleeping like a baby.

Keep away from caffeines too.

Decaff's your friend, all else is wakeful.

:)

Pray to who/what?

Like there are 1000 things to pray to :)

The is only one Truth and yet there are manu names for it God/Tao/Absolute/Universe/Creator/ Brahma/Ishvara/JHVH/True Identity/etc.

Edited by Shagrath
  • Like 2

Keep away from caffeines too.

Decaff's your friend, all else is wakeful.

:)

i am caffeine sensitive and decaf definitely gives me a caffeine buzz too. i would just stick to water, especially with kundalini issues

do some belly breathing. not worrying is probably the best, most self-regulating thing you can do right now

If wakeful isnt wasteful, then caffeine avoidance is meaningless.

I drink 1+ pot of coffee per day and sleep well on the nights i do sufficient practice, weather or not it is simple stretching or deep contemplation...

Seems thinking is as much an exhausting effort as weight lifting if done right.

Like there are 1000 things to pray to :)

The is only one Truth and yet there are manu names for it God/Tao/Absolute/Universe/Creator/ Brahma/Ishvara/JHVH/True Identity/etc.

Um, agreed there's one truth. Don't agree the names all mean it. They do other stuff. But that's beside the point.

I drink one cup of coffee in the morning. One.

there's a yoga studio in my town that i read reviews for where someone posted "I love this studio, because there's a coffee house right next door and i can grab a coffee on the way out" Said yoga studio also offers a coupon for free pizza if you take ten classes there i believe

nothing wrong with any of this, i just think the idea of "oh i did something good for myself, now i'll reward myself by undoing the benefits" is a little silly to me

Thanks for the link. I don't believe the amount of caffeine in my one cup (ok, 'mug') goes very far, however it's an interesting alley. There was a neat thread on coffee a while back.

I'm not into 'productivity' LOL. But I don't seem to worry about not sleeping too much either.

haha brilliant, five stars

To Willingtolisten.

I especially struggle with this during fasts, and used to anyways.

One thing that makes me feel sleepy is a long period of sitting meditation or spontaneous movement before bed. Ill just plop to sleep.

peace

Um, agreed there's one truth. Don't agree the names all mean it. They do other stuff. But that's beside the point.

You're right. Some of the names I listed are just descriptive concept that mostly atheist people use and some are just manifestations of consciousness. True synonyms are Tao, Self, God, Emptiness, Ishvara, Brahman, Reality,...

Emptiness written with lower case (emptiness) represents the state without thought and emotion, on the other hand with upper case (Emptiness) is synonym for already listed words and it cannot be described. The thing is with self. Self refers to true identity while self is ego/mind.

Damn I remember those days, getting 3 hours of sleep a night for months. It totally sucked. I was taking all kinds of sleeping pills. Insomnia is the worst damn symptom you can get and it totally screws you up. Try OTC sleep aids, and figure out why you can't sleep. Don't attribute anything to 'kundalini' until you've ruled out other causes.

Damn I remember those days, getting 3 hours of sleep a night for months. It totally sucked. I was taking all kinds of sleeping pills. Insomnia is the worst damn symptom you can get and it totally screws you up. Try OTC sleep aids, and figure out why you can't sleep. Don't attribute anything to 'kundalini' until you've ruled out other causes.

I did go through a worse version of it, but I also cared more at the time. Got that fixed via acupuncture. This time it's just mildly annoying. There's other more annoying stuff left but what I'm learning is that it tends to be related to stuff I'm doing. Or not doing.

Don't have bright or unnatural lights for a few hours before you plan to go to bed. No laptop or tv...but if you do use those things, get blue light filters and you should be okay (I don't have these but plan to get them soon when I can afford it). Read some books maybe if you don't have those filters...stories are relaxing and good and can take you to another place (begin the dreaming process)...but on the other hand, nonfiction stuff you're passionate about may be too stimulating. Making plans will be way too stimulating at that time.

Sleep with your windows covered in dark blinds so that absolutely no light comes in. Cover all electronic lights, so the room is completely pitch black.

Don't have any caffeine, chocolate, or other stimulants past noon. Drink a lot of water...that will ensure that your body temperature is normal...too hot and you may find yourself being kept up. Use breathable cotton sheets. Taking a lukewarm bath might help cool the body off so that sleep is easier...hot or cold will have the opposite effect.

Get a couple hours of exercise each day in the morning or afternoon...so that you will be tired. This one is very important.

There are other tips online...go for public knowledge solutions rather than esoteric ones. Something like qi practice or meditation can at times make you sleepy, but other times make you wide awake for days! My experience has been that it's good to stop all spiritual practices, and take care of physical health first. Get mundane. Get sleep.

• Like 2

Hey WTL,

I might have mentioned to you that while my kundalini was active, my nervous system was on high voltage & although I slept, I was very active within my sleep astrally. I didnt have any advice at the time energetically & was wondering if someone else might suggest one here. Is the micro-cosmic orbit applicable?

I once lived with a very energetic guy who often couldnt get to sleep & I would brew him up a concoction of home grown valerian tea. Neither of us could ever stay awake long enought to make it to the bottom of the cup :P

• Like 1

Valerian tea is great. It's super stinky. Need airtight storage option:-)

I used (and still do a bit) MCO 'like asprin' while going through the rough stuff.

Thanks to Turtle shell for the suggestions:-) Good stuff

I did go through a worse version of it, but I also cared more at the time. Got that fixed via acupuncture. This time it's just mildly annoying. There's other more annoying stuff left but what I'm learning is that it tends to be related to stuff I'm doing. Or not doing.

Did acupuncture work to solve your sleeping/insomnia problem?

I REALLY WANT MY SLEEP BACK :((((((((((((((