Sign in to follow this  
hagar

Baby Gong

News from baby world...

Life as a father has some interesting spin-offs related to energy.

One of the most amazing thing about having a baby of now 10 months in the house is that I get 'nuked' by pure chi on and off.

One thing that I have realized is that when I lay down to sleep with my son beside me, I feel this wonderful shift of energy when he falls to sleep. I remember that this effect was really strong when he was weeks old, and then it was happening all the time. I couldn't sit and hold him without ending up in a Qigong state.

What happens is that after a while of kicking, sounds and general baby-behaviour, a sudden shift occurs, and he falls asleep. The strange thing is that I feel this shift in my entire body. Suddenly it is like being in class with my master when he turns on the transmission, and you sit like a vegetable, just receiving chi, dozing off or whatever.

It is close to impossible to not fall asleep when this happens, and I have been wondering what kind of connection that is actually taking place. It is as if he suddenly logs on to the universe and dissapears. Its truly wonderful to experience. It is felt in my ni wan, heart and dan tian simultaneously.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

H

oh, Hagar, this sounds so nice.

it seems to me to be an auspicious sign that your baby is probably a highly evolved soul.

i havn't experienced the same thing, but it does remind me of my niece.

she has always said things which indicate a high degree of spiritual insight, actually, she' more sensitive to energy and spiritual metters that most adults and shes not ten yet.

she meditates by herself on her own initiative, and says things that blow us all away.

i tookl her to my master the other day and h confirmend that she has advanced abilities, mostly due to her past life.

your story about your baby is so nice, to me, it sounds like he is still connected to the source.

great sign, bright future.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

H

When my father was dying there were a few very deep and peaceful moments.

Cool thread! I'd say that when we go into meditation, sleep, or death that desires and resistances fall off allowing a more easy connection with the spiritual side of the equation.

I think this effect is easier to see in the very young who are more spiritually connected in general or in animals such as a cat or a dog moves to bliss and/or sleep on your lap for instance.

Also, there is a certain relaxation that occurs in grownups when a baby falls asleep! :) You are sort of 'off duty' and freer to relax and appreciate the wee one.

Mat, I'm not a huge fan of the 'highly evolved soul' articulation. I do think that there are people who have a closer awareness of spiritual dimensions than others do, but I don't think this is necessarily higher or more evolved. I think it's just that more spiritually aware person has a different configuration, different interests, different purposes, etc than somebody more interested in other things. If we all were mahatmas this world would be more pleasant and polite, but at what cost? It would be a bit dull and monochromatic, I'd imagine. Jmo, of course.

Babies have that perfect zen awareness. They just see. Or laugh, or just cry. Its their whole being. No guile or thought. Its an ingredient we all need more of.

Michael

Cool thread! I'd say that when we go into meditation, sleep, or death that desires and resistances fall off allowing a more easy connection with the spiritual side of the equation.

I think this effect is easier to see in the very young who are more spiritually connected in general or in animals such as a cat or a dog moves to bliss and/or sleep on your lap for instance.

Also, there is a certain relaxation that occurs in grownups when a baby falls asleep! :) You are sort of 'off duty' and freer to relax and appreciate the wee one.

Mat, I'm not a huge fan of the 'highly evolved soul' articulation. I do think that there are people who have a closer awareness of spiritual dimensions than others do, but I don't think this is necessarily higher or more evolved. I think it's just that more spiritually aware person has a different configuration, different interests, different purposes, etc than somebody more interested in other things. If we all were mahatmas this world would be more pleasant and polite, but at what cost? It would be a bit dull and monochromatic, I'd imagine. Jmo, of course.

[/quoteHi Yoda,

i didn't mean to highly evolved soul in a way that sounded hierarchical or to mean 'better' than someone else.

i meant that some people have cultivated for lifetimes, and on that basis, are now living with a more spiritually advanced side to themselves.

i agree the world would be dull if we were all mahatmas, but that's only one manifestation or facet of so called enligtenment.

the advance masters that i've met in this life are far from boring.

they're funny, caring, full of vitality etc.

just another opinion :)

(hmmm, maybe i;m starting to sound a bit boring and polite myself) ;)

Last semester I was living in a small house with a girl who was a bahai and did yoga - quite spiritual. Often when should would fall asleep in the seperate room, I would feel a massive energetic shift... like this.

Hagar,

Your baby sounds very cool.

My son had a very similar effect on me from the day he was born. I used to do meditations in the same room he was sleeping in and would feel his pure presence so strongly that it would force me to "come out of it" to check on him, he was always o.k.

My wife and I have encouraged him to meditate and work with his Qi since he was a toddeler. He has, on many occasions, come to my wife or I when we were ill, placed his hands on us and we were no longer ill. We try not to make too much of it because we do ot want his ego awareness to taint his pure use of his Qi.

Your son is special, as many children born during this time are, it is never to early to start gently grooming him.

Hagar, that's very lovely. congratulations.

I have two children. The energy coming them off is phenomenal. Like you say, holding a baby is a straight invite into meditation. Beautiful thing, isnt it.

They are like fresh bulbs of pure life energy straight from the source.

I think back when they were littlest, and I used to do some ken cohen breathing excercises while sitting endlessly breastfeeding, is partly why my mco opened so quickly and powerfully. the huge amount of energy there!

just like you say, it's like sitting in a transmission from someone we might call a master if we were that way inclined.

Lovely, thankyou for sharing.

the advance masters that i've met in this life are far from boring.

they're funny, caring, full of vitality etc.

Universal enlightenment would have its perks... but I do wonder if I would still have high speed internet access? I'm all for it, but since I don't see it being 100% consciously dominant anytime soon, I'll stick with the tough guy angle.

~~~

This thread reminds me of a saying in Tibet, "When the string breaks, the beads scatter." Referring to lamas making their transition and the fact that it can be felt at considerable distances away. I do think this can apply to any sentient being and to the transition of sleep and meditation as well as croaking but even down to having a thought. I like to think that this effect isn't primarily dependent on the spiritual qualities of the transitioner, but rather on the depth of connection between two people. Like yawning... a yawn is transmitted more strongly between strangers on a similar vibe than between enemies but angry thoughts are transmitted better through enemies than strangers, etc.

After degree of connection, then would come the transmission power of the individual in question. A Bill Gates, Gandhi, W, MLK, spiritual master can be very powerful but if there's nobody simpatico their vibe wouldn't be felt.

Sign in to follow this