Sign in to follow this  
Bowshock

Greetings + Question, the 1st serious post!

Greetings.

I am here as mere disciple of self-understanding and becoming open to my path in life. I come in touch with all sort of information {be it spiritual guidence/wisedom or physics of universe, humanity} and trying to figure out what does it mean to me, what can i really learn from it and aid my journey in this life.

Ofcourse i feel like running away from modern day chaos to a more tranquil and more spiritual {place with higher energy field} and start discovering myself in peace. But are ripping me back into land of material jungle where i all my effort goes to simply survive. I do understand that overcoming it all in my enviroment and learning my way would be a great test, but really it does feel like quicksand...

And recently i live my life from this kind of viewpoint ''it is what it is'' and by practicing thinking good thoughts and acting positive i feel it will be a more positive ''it is what it is''.

Question: are taoists in control of they're lives or it's just natural way of being an order of chaos manifested in way of the way?

"Question: are taoists in control of they're lives or it's just natural way of being an order of chaos manifested in way of the way?"

The answer is the latter part of your question........:)

Question: are taoists in control of they're lives or it's just natural way of being an order of chaos manifested in way of the way?

Neither one of those polarities.

Always the one that has no opposite.

They never try to control anything. As you might know written in Tao Te Ching, wu wei, not to control anything but flow with everything.
When you are in chaos stay in chaos do not try to escape. If we can stay in chaos, solution will appear where we stay. ;)

I think a good way to look at it is "taming" rather than controlling. As Lieh Tzu said "this master tamer of tigers does not allow the tiger free reign, nor does he scold the tiger, but merely redirects the tiger away from harmful action."

It is simple to take soundbites out of context and think that Taoism is all about avoiding, which is a misunderstanding. Taoism is, in large part, about knowing the processes and sources of change within and without, and living in the best way to preserve the spiritual root according to the time; remembering to keep yin within yang and yang within yin. For example, the ideal is to maintain the light of awareness during external inaction, and maintain inner silence during external action.

edit: light of awareness

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 2

Padron me Lady, for such misconsideration!

As for horse stances i would like to start this morning with happy sparrow stance :P

I'm not a fella

Sign in to follow this