safi

Great Spiritual, Physical & Mental Benefits From Semen Retention (Celibacy) And Mental Emptiness! - My Experience And Thoughts

Without a high level of self-control, it is very hard to fully relax and be fully alert.. also hard to be adaptive like water when lacking in self-control.

Have you mastered the body, or has the body mastered you?

Peace

Edited by Edward M
  • Like 2

On the other hand many masters say all that is required is to relax

Why can't what I said be done in a relaxed manner?

What Sin suggests... why do you think that is relaxed?

One can relax with the sexual energy and let it transmute into something higher?

or one resists, creates tension... and then needs a release... sex is war.

haha

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Being a "warrior' doesn't mean one shouldn't be relaxed. It means one needs to be brave in his path, like a warrior.

EDIT:

In fact, the best warrior is a warrior who's calm, relaxed and composed, like the fighting cock of the story in the Chuang tzu:

Chi Hsing Tzu was a trainer of

fighting cocks for King Hsuan.

He was training a fine bird.

The king kept asking

if the bird was ready for combat.

“Not yet”, said the trainer.

“He is full of fire.

He is ready to pick a fight

with every other bird.

He is vain and confident

of his own strength.”

After ten days he answered again,

“Not yet. He flares up

when he hears another bird crow.”

After ten more days,

“Not yet. He still gets that angry look

and ruffles his feathers.”

Again ten days.

The trainer said,

“Now he is nearly ready.

When another bird crows,

his eyes don’t even flicker.

He stands immobile like a block of wood.

He is a mature fighter.

Other birds will take one look at him and run

Edited by safi
  • Like 2

this isnt actually 'on the other hand' at all.. to relax requires an enormous amount of warrior skill

not to "sit down for a bit".. but to all the way through

R E L A X

and relaxed warrior skill is the most effective of all

• Like 1

If we want to quote chuang tzu, chuang tzu has said it is sages who have messed up the world by making everyone destroy their natural nature.

Chuang Tzu would say there is no path, there is purposeless

Chuang Tzu would say there is no path, there is purposeless

From the point of view of the self, that is quite correct.

Edited by safi

Ok there is a middle way with this is what im saying

Buddha got enlightened he realised the middle way

Everytime Ive fasted or had some breakthrough my realisation is be more natural, wild, let loose the enlightened master may have a burger king, may stay up all night doing nothing useful, may walk around without a clue what hes doing.

Ok there is a middle way with this is what im saying

Everytime Ive fasted or had some breakthrough my realisation is be more natural, wild, let loose the enlightened master may have a burger king, may stay up all night doing nothing useful, may walk around without a clue what hes doing.

You've just described 99% of the population ahaha

edit: the... may have a burger king, may stay up all night doing nothing useful, may walk around without a clue what hes doing.

You've just described 99% of the population ahaha

edit: the... may have a burger king, may stay up all night doing nothing useful, may walk around without a clue what hes doing.

and a lot of them have some qualities which a lot of cultivators lack?

Being a "warrior' doesn't mean one shouldn't be relaxed. It means one needs to be brave in his path, like a warrior.

EDIT:

In fact, the best warrior is a warrior who's calm, relaxed and composed, like the fighting cock of the story in the Chuang tzu:

Chi Hsing Tzu was a trainer of

fighting cocks for King Hsuan.

He was training a fine bird.

The king kept asking

if the bird was ready for combat.

“Not yet”, said the trainer.

“He is full of fire.

He is ready to pick a fight

with every other bird.

He is vain and confident

of his own strength.”

After ten days he answered again,

“Not yet. He flares up

when he hears another bird crow.”

After ten more days,

“Not yet. He still gets that angry look

and ruffles his feathers.”

Again ten days.

The trainer said,

“Now he is nearly ready.

When another bird crows,

his eyes don’t even flicker.

He stands immobile like a block of wood.

He is a mature fighter.

Other birds will take one look at him and run

A good example perhaps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJWwzJ4oxk&list=LL7WeeBG4ZtA0WJTuiNa2ebA

• Like 1

I would hope so :D;)

The passive aggressive insults are unneccessary

I think most people misunderstand the middle way of the Buddha. The Buddha was against extreme asceticism like starving oneself, and that's why he created the middle way. Controlling desires including sexual desire is by no means extreme asceticism. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly the Buddha said desire was the root of all evil.

Some quotes by the buddha on sex:

"So one, always mindful, should avoid sexual desires. Letting them go, he will cross over the flood like one who, having bailed out the boat, has reached the far shore."

And this one is his criticism of a monk who broke his celibate vows from wikipedia:

'Worthless man, [sexual intercourse] is unseemly, out of line, unsuitable, and unworthy of a contemplative; improper and not to be done... Haven't I taught the Dhamma in many ways for the sake of dispassion and not for passion; for unfettering and not for fettering; for freedom from clinging and not for clinging? Yet here, while I have taught the Dhamma for dispassion, you set your heart on passion; while I have taught the Dhamma for unfettering, you set your heart on being fettered; while I have taught the Dhamma for freedom from clinging, you set your heart on clinging.

"'Worthless man, haven't I taught the Dhamma in many ways for the fading of passion, the sobering of intoxication, the subduing of thirst, the destruction of attachment, the severing of the round, the ending of craving, dispassion, cessation, unbinding? Haven't I in many ways advocated abandoning sensual pleasures, comprehending sensual perceptions, subduing sensual thirst, destroying sensual thoughts, calming sensual fevers?

Worthless man, it would be better that your penis be stuck into the mouth of a poisonous snake than into a woman's vagina. It would be better that your penis be stuck into the mouth of a black viper than into a woman's vagina. It would be better that your penis be stuck into a pit of burning embers, blazing and glowing, than into a woman's vagina. Why is that? For that reason you would undergo death or death-like suffering, but you would not on that account, at the break-up of the body, after death, fall into deprivation, the bad destination, the abyss, hell. But for this reason you would, at the break-up of the body, after death, fall into deprivation, the bad destination, the abyss, hell...

"'Worthless man, this neither inspires faith in the faithless nor increases the faithful. Rather, it inspires lack of faith in the faithless and wavering in some of the faithful."

As you can see in the last one, the buddha's views seem to be quite strict when it comes to sexual desires.

Edited by safi

In all honesty I used Buddha as an example.

His opinion or one time perspective used as a means to show the middle way i.e one sometimes has to go extreme means nothing to me, as I can see as well.

As a concept, Taoist do not hold the position of good against evil; rather they see the interdependence of all dualities. So when one labels something as a good, one automatically creates evil. That is, all concepts necessarily are based on one aspect vs. another; if a concept were to have only one aspect, it would be nonsensical.

The reality of good and evil is that all actions contain some aspect of each. This is represented in the t'ai chi, more commonly referred to as the yin-yang symbol. Any action would have some negative (yin) and some positive (yang) aspect to it. Taoists believe that nature is a continual balance between yin and yang, and that any attempt to go toward one extreme or the other will be ineffective, self-defeating, and short-lived. When people interfere with the natural balance by trying to impose their egoistic plans, they will not succeed; rather, the non-egoistic person allows nature to unfold, watching it ebb and flow from good to bad and back again.

Another way of understanding this is that the sage person understands the reality of good and evil, whereas the fool concentrates on the concept of good and evil. The sage knows that any evil will soon be replaced by good, the fool is forever fruitlessly trying to eliminate evil. Similar to the Buddhist concept of Sunyata ("the void"), good and evil are just empty conceptual abstractions that have no permanent independent existence.

Salvation

Taoism is not a salvific practice. There is nothing that one needs to be saved from, and belief in salvation would lead to belief in damnation in the same manner as belief in good leads to belief in evil. Although they do not accept the false duality of salvation vs. damnation, living simply in harmony with Te and Tao, and not excessively pursuing material wealth, stature, or prestige, will lead to a joyful life.

Well here I am thinking of forced celibacy as bad, spontaneously acting, spontaneously moving and learning.

When people interfere with the natural balance by trying to impose their egoistic plans, they will not succeed; rather, the non-egoistic person allows nature to unfold, watching it ebb and flow from good to bad and back again.

Precisely. Indulgence in sensory pleasure is definitely egoistic. An egoless person doesn't do it, instead he allows nature to unfold, just like you said.

Precisely. Indulgence in sensory pleasure is definitely egoistic. An egoless person doesn't do it, instead he allows nature to unfold, just like you said.

By that definition of egoistic, writing down your thoughts is egoistic.

As a concept, Taoist do not hold the position of good against evil; rather they see the interdependence of all dualities. So when one labels something as a good, one automatically creates evil. That is, all concepts necessarily are based on one aspect vs. another; if a concept were to have only one aspect, it would be nonsensical.

The reality of good and evil is that all actions contain some aspect of each. This is represented in the t'ai chi, more commonly referred to as the yin-yang symbol. Any action would have some negative (yin) and some positive (yang) aspect to it. Taoists believe that nature is a continual balance between yin and yang, and that any attempt to go toward one extreme or the other will be ineffective, self-defeating, and short-lived. When people interfere with the natural balance by trying to impose their egoistic plans, they will not succeed; rather, the non-egoistic person allows nature to unfold, watching it ebb and flow from good to bad and back again.

Another way of understanding this is that the sage person understands the reality of good and evil, whereas the fool concentrates on the concept of good and evil. The sage knows that any evil will soon be replaced by good, the fool is forever fruitlessly trying to eliminate evil. Similar to the Buddhist concept of Sunyata ("the void"), good and evil are just empty conceptual abstractions that have no permanent independent existence.

Salvation

Taoism is not a salvific practice. There is nothing that one needs to be saved from, and belief in salvation would lead to belief in damnation in the same manner as belief in good leads to belief in evil. Although they do not accept the false duality of salvation vs. damnation, living simply in harmony with Te and Tao, and not excessively pursuing material wealth, stature, or prestige, will lead to a joyful life.

How can you say there is no good or evil... but then ... living simply in harmony with Te and Tao, and not excessively pursuing material wealth, stature, or prestige, will lead to a joyful life.

This contradicts your first statement...

If there is no good or evil.... what is a joyful life?

no good or evil... what is harmony?

How can you say there is no good or evil... but then ... living simply in harmony with Te and Tao, and not excessively pursuing material wealth, stature, or prestige, will lead to a joyful life.

This contradicts your first statement

it does

This contradicts your first statement...

If there is no good or evil.... what is a joyful life?

i thought it was pretty good but i didnt write it, but words do not adequately describe reality anyways