As human beings become more and more out of touch with Nature and more entrenched in modern society, as they become more and more materialistic in their thinking, as their energy channels and hearts become more closed off, they also lose touch with the phenomena of Synchronicity.

Here is a really cool Synchronicity quote generator, based on sayings and quotes by the one and only Edgar Cayce-
http://www.all-edgar-cayce.com/edgar-cayce-inspirational-quotes.htm

Edgar Cayce Inspirational Quotes

I'll give you a link to the page in a moment, but first, a little primer.

Have you ever heard the word "synchronicity"? It has to do with all things being interconnected in the universe, patterns of "the flow", getting indirect messages from God in odd ways, etc.

Everyone has experienced it, but some don't know it. Many people call it "coincidence", but while it can appear that way to people who don't believe in such things as the Universality of God, there is usually a lot more to "coincidences" than people realize.

Some examples are like talking or thinking about something, then a song comes on the radio that relates to it, or a TV ad, news story, or a friend calls or drops by and starts saying something directly related to it. We've even heard of books that someone needed to read, falling off a shelf, or being seen on the top stack of unrelated books on someone else's desk.

It's often like God, or Angels trying to get a message to us in their own way. And if we get it, we do, if we don't, we don't. The higher your consciousness, the more aware of synchronistic events you become. Those whose consciousness is very high, realize that every moment is synchronistic and are aware of hundreds of such events every day - things that just blow by other people.

I've been in stores or cafes, overhearing someone else's conversation, when a song comes on the system that is like a direct message to what they were discussing, yet they don't notice it.

There are a lot of ways it can manifest, and one is by our Edgar Cayce inspirational quotes creator. This provides a "random", computer generated quote (maybe with a little help from the Universal Spirit). You can use it as a daily inspiration (or anytime), and it will always be different (or sometimes the same if God is trying to hammer you over the head with a message).

BUT IT IS EVEN MORE - it can work like "asking Edgar Cayce" (or God) for general guidance or answers or answers to specific questions or problems.

You'd be amazed how many people have received amazing "nailed it on the head" answers to their questions or problems. Instructions are on the page Edgar Cayce synchronicity inspirational quotes generator (all you have to do is click a button).

http://www.all-edgar-cayce.com/quotes/inspirational-quotes.htm

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 2

As human beings become more and more out of touch with Nature and more entrenched in modern society, as they become more and more materialistic in their thinking, as their energy channels and hearts become more closed off, they also lose touch with the phenomena of Synchronicity.

That has nothing to do with it

You buy a red car, all of a sudden you notice how many red cars there are on the road.

That's synchronicity.

You're right ... I haven't bought a red car and there are no red cars outside my house. Baffling.

• Like 2

You are not talking about me. I can be both at the same time. We all can, you know. Bring it all together.

You're right ... I haven't bought a red car and there are no red cars outside my house. Baffling.

Would you like to borrow my Ferarri for a couple weeks?

Would you like to borrow my Ferarri for a couple weeks?

Can I drive it like an Italian?

• Like 1

Can I drive it like an Italian?

No! Those guys are crazy when they get behind the wheel of any type sports car. (Almost as bad as I was back then. I had a 1972 Dodge Demon 340 with four speed manual when I was in Italy.)

Mr GrandP, that's a very nice cognitive explanation of synchronicity and I agree with it. The stories told about Jung were about him expressing a need for some kind of event to happen at a particular time and it happening. Although I guess the conditions around him were probably ripe.

Yep, that's synchronicity for you.

Red Cars.

Works for topics too.

Begin to research any topic and like as not you'll bump into reference to it in all manner of unrelated media.

Stuff was there all the time but you weren't focused on seeing it.

Edited by GrandmasterP

The web more than likely increases the sense of synchronicity. I've found it happens to me more and more these days but I think I did something iffy to my neurals via meditation, plus there's the internet. haha

You buy a red car, all of a sudden you notice how many red cars there are on the road.

That's synchronicity.

That is not really correct. That's not Synchronicity. What that is, is your RAS, or Reticular Activating System at work. You are confusing it with Synchronicity.

http://reticularactivatingsystem.org/

Reticular activating system senses the things around us and sorts them out. There are so many things in our daily routine which are to be considered and which are not to be considered. These are categorized by the Reticular activating system.

If something good occurs in your life that is treated as positive e.g. meeting of an old best mate whom you’ve lost contact with etc., and similarly If you’re thinking something negative in the mind or something bad happens in your life e.g. someone ditches you, then these are informed to you by the Reticular activating system to make you realize the presence of either positive or negative impact.

The best part of this part of reticular activating system is if you really concentrate on what you want to focus then you will find that everything is at your presence whatever you want is with you.

reticular-activation-system.gif

But as long as categorization and focus is considered there are always opportunities which become passing clouds because of these. This system even works functionally and properly at sleep times. Few doctors even believe that the dreams that we get while we are asleep are because of the impact of positives and negatives over a short period of time interval it may be from few minutes to few months.

The reticular activating system can even make the larger problem seem smaller and smaller achievement even larger. If we focus on something which seems very fascinating or important to us then the smallest achievement in such a field can make us visualise as a biggest achievement similarly if a bigger problem occurs to us in the field where we don’t really concentrate on that bigger problem looks smaller. But realisations of these effects are also taken up by the reticular activating system.

You can evolve yourself once you understand about the basic reticular activating system. You can gain a huge success and empower yourself with the weapon that is embedded inside the human body but beware that constant focusing on negative things may eventually end you up being bad or causing a negative impact.

That's why you see red cars everywhere once you buy a red car, when you didn't see them before. Your RAS focuses on them now, where before it screened them out and ignored them.

Synchronicity is seeing the hidden meaning behind something. Being open and sensitive to what the Universe and Nature is telling you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in a meaningful manner.

Edited by Immortal4life

You are not talking about me. I can be both at the same time. We all can, you know. Bring it all together.

Be what at the same time?

Tense, closed off, and not relaxed, but also be relaxed and open at the same time?

Yep, that's synchronicity for you.

Red Cars.

Works for topics too.

Begin to research any topic and like as not you'll bump into reference to it in all manner of unrelated media.

Stuff was there all the time but you weren't focused on seeing it.

I remember when I got interested in Art of Living (the course).

All of a sudden, there were advertisements all around me. The main teacher (Sri Sri Ravi Shankar) visited my city a few days after I started seriously considering learning the techniques...

Is it really due to the fact that because we are interested, we are more observant about things around the topic of interest? Perhaps some truth to it. But there seems to be more...

I was just thinking that there's more to it than meets the eye.

That's synchronicity for you.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Be what at the same time?

Tense, closed off, and not relaxed, but also be relaxed and open at the same time?

You said:

... out of touch with Nature and more entrenched in modern society...

and I said you are not talking about me because I am still in touch with both. In fact, moire so these past fifteen years than at any other time in my life. And I suggested that we all can do this.

However, to your new question, yes, I think we can be relaxed and open to the world at the same time. Personally, I am not as open as some think I should be but I am riding a good horse, why would I want to get off my horse and get on that that I think is lame?

Anybody who grows or gardens is pretty much in touch with nature, even if it's only a window box.

True. It's more about interacting directly with nature than anything else.

• Like 1

Carl Jung's concept of synchronicity (unpredicted coincidence) is actually discussed in the texts of classical Taoism:

I Ching: Resolving Intense Synchronisity in An Acausal Universe

• Like 2

Synchronized swimming is not "just the Reticular Activating System" is it? :D LOL

I've always seen Synchronicity as being a communal, unspoken, interdependant cooperation between two or more bodies, be they human, animal, or mixed of human, animal, mineral, vegetable, ecology, cosmic home, etc. >everything<

Every hour on the hour, at the twentieth minute...

It's 4:20 somewhere in the world.

Talk about synchronized toking!"

edit: teh < the

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant
  • Like 1