Cameron

MYSPACE

What TaoBums are on Myspace? I get extra credit in my E Business class for getting a MySpace page. I know some of you must be on there besides just Sean.

Hi Cam,

2 or 3 weeks ago someone joined who had a great MySpace page. I forget his name. You could look for him in the Intro section. He had at least a couple of replies there.

Michael

P.S. who give extra credit for something like that? Internet basketweaving? :)

Hehe. My E Business class at school. Its pretty interesting goes over the whole history of computers and the internet and modern technolgy and stuff.

I'm on myspace...

call me psychic but I kinda of imagined that YOU had a MYSPACE account. :lol:

Cameron,

why exactly do you get extra credit for being in MS?

Do you get extra credits for other things: like having a blog, having your own domain, participating on wikipedia, participating in online taoist discussion groups, making a startup company or trying a start up project?

And can you sum up extra credits from different activities?

I am quite interested, since I followed the raise of the participatory web quite closely.

Cheers,

Pietro

There are some other extra credits too. I emailed my teacher to let me know what they are. I think he is mostly just looking for those who havent gotten into it yet to participate in internet stuff.

Are you talking about "Agni's" myspace site, where he has the awesome flash with the OM on hand?

That was a rockin' space.

I myself don't dig myspace that much. I use other ones.

call me psychic but I kinda of imagined that YOU had a MYSPACE account. :lol:

I do, but I don't let people see my profile or add them on unless I've met them in person. Lezlie's my only exception. (Cam, I'm treelizard--let me know how I can add you though.)

I definitely think Cam's professor is on to something... you have to participate in the various little worlds out there to understand the business opportunities. I'm hearing marketing success stories from the world of Second Life quite often these days. Businesses are starting to make it a point to set up stores there. My sister in law is working on making a full time income off the game too. There is one real estate broker making big bucks selling second life real estate!

Over xmas I got second life lessons from my sister in law... pretty wild stuff.

Oh cool, which DVD did you get?

The main 3 at the moment are the Jump London and Jump Britain series and District 13

Cool, Ive never seen that before, the only parkour tutorial dvd I am aware of is the one Urban Freeflow are supposed to be releasing.

How long have you been training?

Well, I call it Parkour Lite because I'm not very good at it, but there's certain tunnels I have to walk past to get to my house from work, etc. so I've just been practicing climbing and crawling and such around there. Not very seriously, just whenever I get the chance, for the past few months. There's one Parkour guy in Tucson I met up with because we were going to train together, but he was super negative all the time and I just couldn't be around him...

Hey man movement is movement and we all have to begin somewhere. It can be hard training on your own but that way you can remain more focused on what you are doing and push your limits on your own.

Have you tried posting on the Urban Freeflow Local Action forum to see if there are others who practice parkour in your area?

Have you tried posting on the Urban Freeflow Local Action forum to see if there are others who practice parkour in your area?

No, just on the American Parkour site. Jesse is awesome, check this out: http://www.crossfit.com/journal/library/51...rCompendium.pdf

I love it, but it's not the top thing on my list of priorities right now...and would be hard to cram meeting up with people in my schedule right now. Maybe in the summer.

Seems like some pretty good fundamental training! I'll have a read through that later.

Were working on a learn section for our site at the moment, the weather has put a hault on things. So far I have only managed to film my roll and my precision tutorial.

Northern Munkeys

haha ok man, I hope they are of some use to you. It may be a while before we get all the fundamentals up there but we'll get it done.

Cameron deleted his Myspace profile. He is trying to act like a grownup or something. So now there is a gaping hole on my Top 8 where my dharma brother Cameron used to be.

Cameron, why have you forsaken me!?! :lol:

To drown my sorrows I need more Taoist Myspace buddies. So if you have a Myspace account, be my friend! http://myspace.com/somlor

:)

Sean

I was driving behind a car the other day that said West Chester PA on the back of it.

True story!