林愛偉

In New York

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since writing on the board. I couldn't get international websites in china due to

the Taiwan earthquake 2 weeks or so ago.

I am now in NY visiting family and students for 2 weeks. If anyone would like to met up for some tea and a chat, I am sure it would be fun.

Peace and Happiness,

Ai Wei

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since writing on the board. I couldn't get international websites in china due to

the Taiwan earthquake 2 weeks or so ago.

I am now in NY visiting family and students for 2 weeks. If anyone would like to met up for some tea and a chat, I am sure it would be fun.

Peace and Happiness,

Ai Wei

Yeah, I'd like to meet up at some point. Let me know!

Hi Ai Wei,

Thank you for the kind invitation,

I am in NYC pretty often. I attend poetry readings, parties and art gallery openings etc for biz reasons and lectures etc. for my personal growth ...I would like to meet you and discuss my planned trip to China later this year. Are you staying in the China-town area of Manhattan? I often visit and sometimes stay with friends on E. Broadway, ( a block from the statue of Confucius). Please let me know when a good time to meet for tea would be. I can not know right now when I will be free to come in but perhaps it will manifest, as all that should be, does...

Hoping to see you soon-Pat Goldsmith

I am in NYC pretty often. I attend poetry readings, parties and art gallery openings etc for biz reasons

Wow dude, that sounds like a fun job! I wonder, what you do?

Hi Ai Wei,

Thank you for the kind invitation,

I am in NYC pretty often. I attend poetry readings, parties and art gallery openings etc for biz reasons and lectures etc. for my personal growth ...I would like to meet you and discuss my planned trip to China later this year. Are you staying in the China-town area of Manhattan? I often visit and sometimes stay with friends on E. Broadway, ( a block from the statue of Confucius). Please let me know when a good time to meet for tea would be. I can not know right now when I will be free to come in but perhaps it will manifest, as all that should be, does...

Hoping to see you soon-Pat Goldsmith

Hi Pat,

SOunds great! Let's make a plan and see where we take it. All is fun in China town and for tea haha

Peace,

Aiwei

Hi there GrandT,

I am an artist and art dealer, my website is@- http://www.pdgart.com - and I just published a book of poetry-the Wayfarer Sonnets -which Sean O. is kindly running as a banner ad here on TaoBums. I see it now as I type this!!!

A lot of the salesmanship for the art biz is best done as face to face "shmoozing" at social events. And a good way to get one's poetry known is at readings in places like the Tompkins Square Library and such...So my biz is related to my social life and is very rewarding on many levels.

(A quick aside about the art market) - Much is reliant on the economy and it is not in good enough shape right now to support a good art market. So many artists are in hussle mode and looking for day-jobs and new careers. Photography in particular has gone away as a means to make a living for most, and what is available is sold almost entirly as digital images through agencies.

If we all get together in the city to greet you, AiWei - it may work out that we can also take in some cultural event or other that I have been invited to. I will try to coordinate that if it is possible/desirable to us each/all.

So I guess I group meet-up may be one way to go and it could intail different places and levels of interaction.

But a quiet cup of tea in China-town sounds pretty wonderful....And probably the place to meet

Hi there GrandT,

I am an artist and art dealer, my website is@- http://www.pdgart.com - and I just published a book of poetry-the Wayfarer Sonnets -which Sean O. is kindly running as a banner ad here on TaoBums. I see it now as I type this!!!

A lot of the salesmanship for the art biz is best done as face to face "shmoozing" at social events. And a good way to get one's poetry known is at readings in places like the Tompkins Square Library and such...So my biz is related to my social life and is very rewarding on many levels.

(A quick aside about the art market) - Much is reliant on the economy and it is not in good enough shape right now to support a good art market. So many artists are in hussle mode and looking for day-jobs and new careers. Photography in particular has gone away as a means to make a living for most, and what is available is sold almost entirly as digital images through agencies.

If we all get together in the city to greet you, AiWei - it may work out that we can also take in some cultural event or other that I have been invited to. I will try to coordinate that if it is possible/desirable to us each/all.

So I guess I group meet-up may be one way to go and it could intail different places and levels of interaction.

But a quiet cup of tea in China-town sounds pretty wonderful....And probably the place to meet

I used to perform poetry reading at the International Film and Video Festival in Madison Square Garden back in 1997 and 98. It was filled with hundreds of artists and poets, producers from around the world. I did some small poetry readings for the Spiral magazine run by a woman named Emily Brown and also for some of her friends. Fun. I was young at that time.. 17, 18, 19. I still have that poetry which I was coming across in the attic of my father's house. It may be time to gather it all.

In China town, there is a Buddhist Vegetarian Dumpling House on Pell Street I used to often go to. This is one suggestion. THere are also other places, but I am only familar with this one. haha It is off Mott street. I forgot the cross street name.

Peace,

I'd like to meet up with any and all tao bums that are hanging in NYC this chilly week. Plato I know, the rest of you I don't but would like to.

Perhaps we could all have some cheap chinese food, or hang out at a cafe? (my new favorite is Rapture at 200 Ave A).

For my part, I'm free today (Sunday) and Monday, and then I'm pretty much only available after 6 for the rest of the week.

What timing works for you all?

AiWei- Is that Lin's dumplimg house at 25 Pell? I don't know for certain but if it is a place you know and feel at home, I think it a great idea. Timing is tuff for me to figure out right now - my schedule will come clear by tuesday at the earliest... I guess for us all to meet at once may be problematic...

I didn't even know Plato is in the NYC area...Aiwei I have yr phone # -and shall call as soon as I know I have a window to get into town- what is the time frame? How long is your stay in the area planned for? Do you get into Manhattan as a rule or do you need an excuse?-

The rest of us seem to be city-available as a rule and could meet-up more easily. I hope I am not adding to the confusion! -Pat

Erik,

Have tried to post a personal message to you here but the system says you don't exist (!).

I'm on the Lower East Side and can meet up today (Monday) for lunch or afternoon tea if you've got the time (no big deal if you don't).

Send me a message if you wan to hook up.