Sign in to follow this  
GreytoWhite

Memories Downloaded from the Ether

I lost a lot of my memories after multiple TIAs. In the past few years I have recovered some memories from other points of view, I am not myself but seeing from someone else's eyes. These memories often contain emotional content that is completely foreign to me. I usually break down for a little while after as it's usually someone else's hurt that I caused or a witness. It's rather hard for me to process but usually it widens my perspective toward my own actions and words.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

I lost a lot of my memories after multiple TIAs. In the past few years I have recovered some memories from other points of view, I am not myself but seeing from someone else's eyes. These memories often contain emotional content that is completely foreign to me. I usually break down for a little while after as it's usually someone else's hurt that I caused or a witness. It's rather hard for me to process but usually it widens my perspective toward my own actions and words.

Having a stroke is a bummer, having multiple TIAs well that's just awful and no mistake.

Physically many are lucky and get back almost to where they were after a stroke but north of the neck things are never quite the same.

You'll know from what the literature and your therapists have told you what sorts of things to expect psychologically.

Be well and good luck to you.

I have not had this exact experience but I think I understand what you mean about experiencing someone else's hurt. I think this shows a number a things .... a basis for developing genuine compassion ... that memories are stored not by logical arrangement but by emotional content (as in dreams) ... that we know more than we think we know from a strictly conscious logical point of view.

You'll know from what the literature and your therapists have told you what sorts of things to expect psychologically.

Be well and good luck to you.

This is the US and I have no health insurance. What literature and therapists? There's a reason I started practicing.

Sign in to follow this