Sign in to follow this  
Wayfarer64

The Tao as Life Force

An easy explanation of the Tao is that it is what will manifest as life, energy, matter, being and all that may arise in the universe we call home.

I'll bet this is not the first, nor last time that this notion crossed our forum's thresh-hold, but it is a simple way to get the newest members into the discussion...

A basic notion of The Tao may be thought of as that which manifests as life. It is inexhaustible, ever renewing and never ending. Begining's begining, the source of all and the foundation of all furtherance...And to say this says nothing of the Tao, it is beyond that which can be explained, so it is also in a sense that which seeks itself, beyond our grasp and reach...

We are each an integral part of it and when we become conscious of its' nature and power and learn to further its propensities we become more than what we were previously. The more we adapt or allow ourselves to unite with The Way, the more we manifest our own inate abilities and enable ourselves to reach our full potential. This is a major paradox of Taoism, to shed the skin of mundane and selfish desire to then join in the larger dance of life as a part of the greater whole that offers the fullest stretch of our potential as spiritual beings having this human experience...

Of course this is only my own (current) interpretation, I am sure there are far more learned ideas to be added hence...

I believe we are already one with the Tao - we are the Tao, it is us. Sometimes our minds forget that...

Therion - I tried to read the stuff on that website but it was like my eyes would just slide over it all...

Sign in to follow this