therion

Man shoots electricity out from his hand

This guy absorbs real electricity and is then able to shoot it out of his fingertips. He can set paper on fire just like John Chang.

Speed up your cultivation, LOL

YouTube Link

(ps. Don't try this at home!!)

Not so impressive. Its an old magicians (done first by Tesla I believe) trick, for some magicians make it there specialty. Any one can do it. Normally the 'magician' has to keep his hands shoulder level to keep current away from their heart.

Hook us up right and we could all do it.

Michael

I'd love to learn how to do this trick. Anyone have knowledge how to do it on a smaller scale? Like those chi masters ? :lol:

It would be great if I could freak out my tai chi class :lol: I would tell them i meditate ten hours a day ;) and use all sorts of odd taoist alchemy.

Please tell me how its done!

Neat trick.

I'd love to learn how to do this trick. Anyone have knowledge how to do it on a smaller scale? Like those chi masters ? :lol:

It would be great if I could freak out my tai chi class :lol: I would tell them i meditate ten hours a day ;) and use all sorts of odd taoist alchemy.

Please tell me how its done!

Neat trick.

Very interesting..probably then be extrapolated to a battery somewhere on your body..and then perhaps something that can generate electricity..for example a wool shirt..i wonder why this didn't come up in the john chang discussions..

T

This is precisely why John Chang and everyone Sean Denty raves about gives me pause. Anyone hooked up to a battery can give someone an electric shock.

I mean, how many people who've gotten electric shocks and otherwise felt chi from 'masters' have actually been so bold as to pat them down or make them take their clothes off to verify there's no fakery? Usually the guy is doing this in front of a bunch of true believers who would probably 'feel' a shock even if none occurred. So no one is going to challenge him.

I should mention though that David Shen made a brief but funny comment on his site about making one of these guys do it to him naked. And David strikes me as a guy whose been around the block. So I imagine there's some real guys out there.

Still it's pretty frustrating that with all the people out there who are seemingly willing to demonstrate their powers (not to mention all the utube videos) there doesn't appear to be any contrlled study of this phenomenon (i.e., in a lab setting that would preclude fakery).

You must be kidding. Anyone who can actually physically demonstrate that sort of supernatural power could easily pick up James Randi's million dollars.

Ripoff Randi will never pay, read his contract. Hes scamming all the fundamentalists who are scared to death that some person might have a special ability. Randi has 'proven' that people can't see auras, you know.

I'm assuming from watching the video that the person is not creating electricity like some Chi Gung masters are reported to do. I assume his body is grounded and he holding a high voltage wire. A few weeks ago on TV there was a first lady of electricity and it showed her shooting huge bolts out of her fingers and other stunts.

It also showed how she did it, the importance of keeping your hands high and about how others worked it. Its not about generating electricity its about becoming a conductor of it.

On the other hand. We are biochemical and electrical beings. Swirly intestines, dozens of miles of wiring, thoroughly salted within, radiating waves without. No reason why we shouldn't be able to focus our inherent electrical ability.

Michael

The man in the video is probably really doing this demo. In China one of David's masters trains military personel to absorb electricity out of a high voltage outlet. It's not yin yang gong. The differences are many; John Chang and others like him use qi generated in their body, not electricity. Also the power generated is far greater. It's interesting to see though.

The comment about Amazing Randi is quite true. The guy has had is ass handed to him dozens of times and refuses to give up the cash.

S

The man in the video is probably really doing this demo. In China one of David's masters trains military personel to absorb electricity out of a high voltage outlet. It's not yin yang gong. The differences are many; John Chang and others like him use qi generated in their body, not electricity. Also the power generated is far greater. It's interesting to see though.

The comment about Amazing Randi is quite true. The guy has had is ass handed to him dozens of times and refuses to give up the cash.

S

No he has not. Name one time. I don't want to start a ruckus on the boards if this is an inflammatory topic so I won't keep on it, but I've been a member at his board for years.

The man in the video is probably really doing this demo.

Wow..so the secrets really aren't just in china. This guy is from puerto rico. How could he have learned this secret gong on a tv repair man's salary and so far from mecca??? :)

It's interesting that he's on the grounding mat, so that has something to do with it. lerner's comments about human body are very true. I just don't remember enough from school about batteries and electricity. Anyone knowledgeable care to elaborate on how this is done?

Thanks,

T

It also showed how she did it, the importance of keeping your hands high and about how others worked it. Its not about generating electricity its about becoming a conductor of it.

Any info we can google on this?

No he has not. Name one time. I don't want to start a ruckus on the boards if this is an inflammatory topic so I won't keep on it, but I've been a member at his board for years.

In my opinion Uri Geller has repeatedly proved that his abilities are real, despite Randi's claims to the contrary. While the majority of Randi's claims are valid, when he has been presented with real so called paranormal abilities, he falls back on the overly complicated 'requirements' of the million dollar challenge, which he has created to give himself a fail-safe. Anyway, I personally think the guy is sick in the head. Just my personal feeling; no offense.

If you're interested in judging for your self, check out the research done by the Stanford Research Institute on Uri's website. It was compelling enough to convince some of the top scientists of the day that Uri is 100% genuine: http://www.uri-geller.com/content/research/sria.htm

Wow..so the secrets really aren't just in china. This guy is from puerto rico. How could he have learned this secret gong on a tv repair man's salary and so far from mecca??? :)

Yes, Puerto Rico has long been known for its large number of enlightened TV repair men with mustaches. ;)

In my opinion Uri Geller has repeatedly proved that his abilities are real, despite Randi's claims to the contrary. While the majority of Randi's claims are valid, when he has been presented with real so called paranormal abilities, he falls back on the overly complicated 'requirements' of the million dollar challenge, which he has created to give himself a fail-safe. Anyway, I personally think the guy is sick in the head. Just my personal feeling; no offense.

If you're interested in judging for your self, check out the research done by the Stanford Research Institute on Uri's website. It was compelling enough to convince some of the top scientists of the day that Uri is 100% genuine: http://www.uri-geller.com/content/research/sria.htm

James Randi is not the only one to have shown Geller to be a fraud. There are lots of magicians that can pull off amazing stunts. Making people right in front of them believe they are using some super power. In the end though there is a real-world explanation. Geller has the admitted disadvantage that Randi is only trying to prove that Geller is a fraud. Randi doesn't make extraordinary claims for Geller to prove to be a fraud. One must always recall the law of parsimony, the simplest explanation and all. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If Randi has been shown his a$$ so many times why is it not more public? Unfortunately, there are some people who, like Mormon or Christian apologists, just don't want to accept that some claims are lies. "The Tao follows what is natural", now if you want to revere Geller and the like for using tricks etc. to do things that seem extraordinary, great. Go ahead, he is obviously a smart guy, most con artists are. There is no better ally to men (and women) like this than the power of the individual mind, coupled with a desire to believe there is "more" out there than our plain old ordinary lives. But the beauty of the Tao is in the ordinary. One needs not abandon logic and skepticism (the healthy kind) to follow the Path.

"The Tao follows what is natural", now if you want to revere Geller and the like for using tricks etc. to do things that seem extraordinary, great. Go ahead, he is obviously a smart guy, most con artists are. There is no better ally to men (and women) like this than the power of the individual mind, coupled with a desire to believe there is "more" out there than our plain old ordinary lives. But the beauty of the Tao is in the ordinary. One needs not abandon logic and skepticism (the healthy kind) to follow the Path.

Yawn... Another expert Daoist master. :lol: I choose to believe the opinions of credible scientists and you side with a former stage magician with no formal scientific background. Some of the world's best modern illusionists back Geller. You need to check your science; science is changing every day and the more we discover the more we realize how little we know.

If Randi has been shown his a$$ so many times why is it not more public?

Because no one takes his dumb ass seriously, except other dumb asses. Most of the 'outing' he does of psychics and the like is comparable to shooting fish in a barrel; It's so fucking obvisous, that it's boring. Just like this conversation...

Anyone with enough dedication to training can advance to a level where he can prove to himself that these powers exist. Don't wait for some 'authority' to tell you what is real and what is not. Find out yourself. The world is much more magical than you think.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not attacking you, just curious what you have experienced yourself, not second hand stories--that make you say these things.

I'm curious if there is a natural way to generate electricity to burn a piece of paper. I'm thinking there must be something like standing on copper/etc that can enable the body to do this. I really find it hard to believe that the mind can somehow cause the body to generate enough power, but then again, I don't know how much electricity is needed to start the paper on fire like in the video clip. Maybe the electricity generated by the heart or in the intestines could do it...thoughts?

T

Yawn... Another expert Daoist master. :lol: I choose to believe the opinions of credible scientists and you side with a former stage magician with no formal scientific background. Some of the world's best modern illusionists back Geller. You need to check your science; science is changing every day and the more we discover the more we realize how little we know.

Because no one takes his dumb ass seriously, except other dumb asses. Most of the 'outing' he does of psychics and the like is comparable to shooting fish in a barrel; It's so fucking obvisous, that it's boring. Just like this conversation...

Ha, yes of course I am a Daoist Master....uh, no I just try to see simplicity. As for the scientists, from all I've seen (only shown on Geller's website), all they say is "wow, I don't know how he did that" or "it's amazing, he must have special powers". But keep in mind there are also Harvard "scholars" who believe that the biblical version of creation is true. You are right to say that science is constantly changing and we (obviously) don't know everything, far from it. But unless those scientists want to conduct labratory studies then their sound bite or "amazement" is meaningless. You attempt to throw out how we "skeptics" need to check our science, but those scientists quotes weren't from studies, they were from human beings who encountered something they don't understand. When I watch Criss Angel I think "wow" but I understand that it only seems like he has special powers, that it is an illusion. And that is what brings us to why Randi and other Stage Magicians ARE qualified to check out these types of claims. Because they have practiced these types of illusions. It is not dissimilar the the gentleman (I don't recall his name) who was trained a a Brahman in India, then found out about the illusions they use to prove their "godman" powers he abandoned it, and set out to show the poor fools they were taking advantage of the truth.

Now, when a Christian apologist is shown that the geologic record doesn't match what the Bible says, the apologist simply reinterprets the bible to make it seem like what god meant was exactly what the record shows rather than just accepting that the ancient people who wrote it just got it wrong. Likewise, when someone switches the silverware that Geller brought before a performance and thus Geller fails to bend anything, it is just "bad energy" or some crap rather than "oops, his trick equipment wasn't on hand so he couldn't pull off the illusion". Exactly which "dumbasses" are you referring to in reference to Randi? National Geographic uses him on some of their specials, The Skeptic Society uses him regularly, etc. Now these may not be peer reviewed, but they are relatively respected.

It's the same old story: people want to learn superpowers but can't find a teacher. So they say everyone with superpowers is a fraud. Plain old sour grapes.

I study with a guy in NYC now from China so powerful, he can change your cellular structure and move your internal organs around from 20 feet away. HE HAS BEEN TESTED IN A MEDICAL JOURNAL and changed chemistry through a lead shield. He has other abilities too. He treats people for $100 and teaches an empty-mind chi gung. What? Emptiness to develop super-powers? Who would have thought?

Also, I found the person who taught Criss Angel to walk on water. It isn't a trick, but if you want to believe it is, that's cool too!

Edited by SheepishLord

This person was also able to move objects with ease, demonstrating another act of telekinesis. He trains up to 5-7 hours a day and got his abilities pretty fast. He is also pretty young. So the stereotype that you have to train all your life to get these skills is just bullshit.

Sounds like you know him pretty well..how come you didn't pursue the training?

T

I study with a guy in NYC now from China so powerful,.....

c'mon, you know we're going to ask who..

?

btw, any thoughts on what some of the better kickboxing gyms were? I was coincidentally considering it at the same time you made that post.

T

very cool...know anything about it?

T