nine tailed fox

using sexual energy

ok so there are many threads regarding conserving your sexual energy

but i wanna know what are some of the ways/techniques to use this sexual energy for spiritual progress........?

There is a physical and mental build up of power with celibacy (it can be over done and turn negative). I've found there is more power to having frequent non ejaculatory sex. It may simply be hormonal or build up of jing, but its there. Its energy that can be channeled.

For energy based practices that run energy through meridian and orbits (like the micro/macro cosmic) it can provide a boost.

Jing is the base for chi and eventually shen. Deep squats/lower body excersise, stretching of the lower body and deep belly breathing help build jing(and everything else eventually).

Suggest doing these things while learning to relax, and relaxing as you do these things. it's a small part of using your sexual energy for cultivation.

• Like 1

ninetailedfox,

when people retain semen or practice celibacy, it gives them abundant jing energy. I would say that this energy must be sublimated and circulated throughout the body, or people can have very bad results, like neurosis and aggression. But i disagree that celibacy alone causes those things. It is taught that celibacy with improper technique builds energy in this way, and I will step out on a limb and guess that the reason osho said those things is because he had never achieved success in retention or celibacy with proper technique. There are many people who have done so, and uniformly they report an excess of vitality, inspiration, joy, energy, willpower, concentration, clarity, bliss, etc. There are good reasons that monastics of the world's traditions utilized celibacy, and it has nothing to do with neurosis and aggression.

When a person has a vital supply of jing energy, and they do something even as pedestrian as the microcosmic orbit, that practice is energized and maximized by their reserves of jing. So in ordinary cases the MCO might be an exercise in moving qi around, in unblocking the governing and conception vessels, and developing an automatic circulation of energy, etc. In the case of someone who has a vital reserve of jing, it becomes an exercise in transmutation of energy from gross (semen essence) to sublime, as is it circulated through the system it interacts with the middle and upper dantians and converts directly to qi, and when the qi builds and circulates it converts to spiritual energy (shen). There may be dispute about this, and i don't mean to present the only and authoritatively correct picture of this process by any means, but this is what my teacher teaches, and what i have seen written about the alchemy of energy regarding the MCO and the 3 elixir fields (dantians).

So maybe the secret technique you are looking for is hidden in plain sight, although there are visualizations and meditations that help facilitate the process. But when you ask how sexual energy can benefit spiritual practice, that is the first thing that comes to mind for me. Abundant shen is said to make the eyes bright and the cheeks rosy, and my teacher says that it is used in the mind and body in subtle ways, like communicating directly to someone elses mind, and knowing things about something just by looking at it, etc...what are called psychic phenomenon but stem from abundant spiritual energy.

As i am only a student and not an expert in these matters and practices, i apologize for any inaccuracies and invite anyone with related knowledge to share it freely and without feeling that i am wishing to present my view as authoritative. I am sure that different schools differ in their understanding of subtle energies, and welcome other points of view.

Edited by konchog uma
  • Like 5

and I will step out on a limb and guess that the reason osho said those things is because he had never achieved success in retention or celibacy with proper technique.

I agree. Osho was suffering from a chronic back problem due to a prolapsed disc.

I feel sorry for him: self-claimed guru who ruined his own spine.

Jing is the base for chi and eventually shen. Deep squats/lower body excersise, stretching of the lower body and deep belly breathing help build jing(and everything else eventually).

Suggest doing these things while learning to relax, and relaxing as you do these things. it's a small part of using your sexual energy for cultivation.

I do see the key to sexual energy here but the practice must be done for a long period of time before the sexual energy can be developed and effective.

i thought there would be some secret/special technique which you can use if you have enough sexual energy hmmmmmmmmmm

Sexual energy is very potent and you can use it for various purposes. However, If you want to use it for spiritual progress then all you need to do is just practice Internal Work and changes will start to happen naturally. IME......Kiss is the rule.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 2

in relation to the 100 days thread..... What advice might still be applicable? To assist in maintaining non-ejaculatory practice, how would one then use sexual energy. (I.E. channeling)

Breathing.

• Like 1

Ya I like what Old Green said.

In my humble understanding there are basically two different approaches:

One transforms jing to chi to shen, in order to ascend to some higher dimention or something. "fire"

The other reverses the process to gather jing, and using that to re-grow oneself as an immortal. Whatever that is :D"water"

(I was going to write re-create but we're not machines nööö)

Im using "Fire" and "Water" to show difference in overall approach here.

Every alchemical system uses phases of both fire and water, of course.

Cycles within cycles namsayin oh so much purr in my fur.

And taoist alchemy uses the head alot so it gets more complicated... :huh:

Idk I'm just a noob but it's important to know that not all work with jing leads to the same places.

Don't start burning your jing if you don't know why you're doing it.

but i wanna know what are some of the ways/techniques to use this sexual energy for spiritual progress........?

I agree with Turtle Shell about cultivating virtue.

Would like to share my way of observing what is called the sexual energy and the relationship with it .

What does it represent and how does it manifest? When is it most notacable on personal level? What about beyond personal level? Where does it come from? Get to know her really well .

Feeling the way intuitionally of increasing sensuality and let it sperad to all fields of life.

Edited by suninmyeyes

When one absorbs potential and stores it in secrecy, the evolutionary process of spiritual refinement is natural.

An analogy is when you eat. You don't have to do anything about it— it's a natural process after that.

One's virtue, as turtle shell and suninmyeyes have pointed out, determines one's natural capacity to accomplish self-refinement and spiritual development unbeknownst to anyone.

Erotic energy is definitely IT, but you don't use it. That's how you use it. It's not about the situation, it's just you.

• Like 3

I'm not at all convinced that Osho is a reliable source - especially in this particular context

Sexual energy is very potent and you can use it for various purposes. However, If you want to use it for spiritual progress then all you need to do is just practice Internal Work and changes will start to happen naturally. IME......Kiss is the rule.

My 2 cents, Peace

i wanna know what are those other various purposes you can use sexual energy for

The idea of 'spiritual progress' is an illusion; as soon as we attach to the idea of progress, we create karma.

The thing about sexual energy is it's creative. Life is creative. Life is spontaneous. Life is Light.

• Like 3

i wanna know what are those other various purposes you can use sexual energy for

It's energy.....you can use it for any number of things...ie building a business, martial arts, manifesting a better life situation, healing others.....etc IMO spiritual growth is the most worthwhile use for such energy.

You're on a wild goose chase nine tailed fox....you're looking for something gross when the path is about tuning into the subtle and knowing oneself.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

To use 9-tails' idea but leave its intent in the dust (where it belongs), I would point out that in my experience, there is no other kind of energy. It could be argued otherwise, I suppose, but in terms of using potential (stealing it), energy constituting creative evolution beyond shadow, glare and physiological respiration is already unusable in terms of self-refinement.

Recognizing the arising of sexual energy for me is a matter of absorption. Conceiving an intent has already left the subtlety of nonorigination. Does anyone else recognize an essential aspect of desire without entering realms of intent, much less feeling— not to mention conventional action, outside of selfless response that is core in terms of conscious evolution in the midst of ordinary, public affairs involving the subtle operation of unminding in the face of objects?

Are there others who conceive of and use sexual energy in terms of potential as I do? That is, seeing conditioned energy as the means to self-refinement whereby its abstract crystalization effects rapid and intense changes in oneself?

I expect others to go out on a limb, in order to try to build some sort of vocabulary— I'm just wondering myself how to proceed.

If there is no one who can respond, I, myself, don't believe I can go further, really, along this line of thought, mainly because what I am bringing up is not really within the realm of intellect, but is, in fact, how I function in broad daylight in response to people and situations that could never be described in terms of an over-arching function. Further, it is very difficult to conjure in imagery, much less express in the context of process.

It is an impersonal operation, yet it is inconceivably intimate in terms of my own sexuality beyond identity. It's very strange …it's like the person is the inert ingredient.❤

• Like 1

Conceiving an intent has already left the subtlety of nonorigination.

It is an impersonal operation, yet it is inconceivably intimate in terms of my own sexuality beyond identity. It's very strange …it's like the person is the inert ingredient.❤

In the subtlety of nonorigination, what is the difference between "you" and the "energy"?