pebble

Sleep meditation technique

Hi, I was born in China, under communist rule, I did not understand or know the eptiomy of being Chinese, the Tao, the only recorded techniques to convert an every day Joe to a Taoist Immortal "shieh" or Godly Being.

I read <Magus of Java> which really opened my eyes after seeing the youtube video John Chang.

So I researched further into Taoism and WuDang.

Does anyone have any information on the incredible "sleep meditation techniques"?

I have the Nei Dan painting from Zhang Sanfeng and a book decoding the meaning of the painting.

I am willing to share.

• Like 1

hi pebble,

When the daily life you lead is living meditation in terms of a constant subtle concentration of unbroken mindfulness, this does not stop when you fall asleep.

I don't do quiet meditation practice. I do watch my breathing sometimes before I go to sleep at night-time. Sometimes I wake up and all kinds of different things are happening (or not happening) in my body and/or different non-ordinary states of awareness.

If your are mindful throughout the day there is no reason why it should stop when you are sleeping.

ed note: one too many "t" and change "during" to "throughout" in the last line

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 3

Does anyone have any information on the incredible "sleep meditation techniques"?

Shall we say that there was no such thing as "sleep meditation techniques".....???

Why do people put the word ""meditation" into everything....??? Is it because the word gives one the sense of security in proving of what one knows...??

BTW When one goes to sleep then one sleeps; why meditate....??? If one meditates, then one doesn't sleep.

The word "mediation" is driving the people crazy in the west. That is why there was no definite definition which causing a big open loop. As soon the word "meditation" merges, everyone just converge into it with wildest ideas and given craziest names to create multiple false-methods and thought they were the greatest without considering the validity of the methods.

• Like 1

Mind is one. West is moot. No one here is discussing "method", mr Chi.

pebble is Chinese. What, pray tell, is the point of belaboring the word meditation from your supposedly "western" perspective? In order to respond to the person sincerely asking the question, one must actually be mindful of the present situation— which happens to be about pebble (and not a word called meditation and its so-called effect on ignoramuses from your specific culturally grounded area on this planet).

You do not have the insight to provide relevant assistance that could help pebbles.

Meditation does in fact take place during sleep for the precise reasons I describe in my original post.

You are projecting in a most literal, myopic way.

Please avoid this type of behavior.❤

P.S. It is telling that Chi seems to have failed in actually reading pebble's post (or merely failed to comprehend it), which is unforgivable, given Chi's penchant for an utter reliance on the strictly literal interpretation of anything.

ed note: add coma in 2nd sentence and "P.S."; also removed disparaging cliché about United States citizens of which I am one.

Edited by deci belle

Not heard about sleep meditation but have come across sleep learning.

Little speakers under your pillow pumping out whatever it is you need to know, apparently it goes straight into deep memory.

Had a student once who swore by it and she took a first.

• Like 1

Mind is one. West is moot. No one here is discussing "method", mr Chi.

"sleep meditation techniques"

The word "techniques" does imply some kind of method.....???

Edited by ChiDragon

I thought meditation meant focus your mind,

on nothing or something.

Sleep learning ay, that must give amazing dreams.

Could be why the subject was well learned.

I thought meditation meant focus your mind,

on nothing or something.

What did you hear from people about focus your mind.....??? Can you give me some ideas what you'd learnt from others. I am curious to hear them. Thanks....!!!

Edited by ChiDragon

You could take a look for

"General Instructions for the 12 sleep practices of Hua-Shan"

Hua-shan Shih-ehr Shui-kung Tsung-chueh

by Chou Lu-ching, c.1600s

trans. by Teri Takehiro

details some instructions from Chen Tuan, a legendary master, who is said to have slept for 100 days straight as some type of Taoist cultivation meditation.

• Like 2