Lozen

ISO Magnificent Mobility

Would love to borrow this if anybody has it.

I guess you never was able to borrow the video. I too am interested in viewing it and others like it. If you have any luck let me know please.

Afe

Not yet. I just may purchase it, but I heard it's mostly lower bod and that you need to get Inside/Out for the upper bod. That along with foam rollers would amount to me spending over $150, just to be more mobile, and it's not something I can justify. Yet.

I do know some good articles about rugby...

I guess you never was able to borrow the video. I too am interested in viewing it and others like it. If you have any luck let me know please.

Afe

Yeah, I am interested in seeing what you got. I am also looking for stretching videos, images, charts,etc. like dynamic stretches, functional stretches/exercise, etc. I am thinking of looking into a book called autostretching (self stretching) or others that have photos to hit every little muscle.

Let me know what you got about rugby. Thanks.

Afe

I just ordered Magnificent Mobility. I'll let you know what I think when I get it! I've heard good things about the book Stretching Scientifically. Actually I have a list of tons of books on stretching somewhere. Sean is the resident stretching guru.

As far as rugby, there's an article on approaches to strength and conditioning for rugby in the Performance Menu. You can download a free issue here: http://www.performancemenu.com/backissues/...amp;issueNum=23

They also have a couple back issues with some basic stretches.

Also go here: http://www.performancemenu.com/forum/showt...highlight=rugby

Actually a search on their forum on rugby will get a ton of hits.

Have fun!

Hope all is well. I assume that the magnificent mobility video arrived. How is it? What did you think? I am still looking for an iso of it and other type of stuff. Like Isometric stetching and total body rehab and rehab your body at home stuff.

Thanks for the rugby links. They were helpful. ANy other useful info?

Thanks.

A

I just ordered Magnificent Mobility. I'll let you know what I think when I get it! I've heard good things about the book Stretching Scientifically. Actually I have a list of tons of books on stretching somewhere. Sean is the resident stretching guru.

As far as rugby, there's an article on approaches to strength and conditioning for rugby in the Performance Menu. You can download a free issue here: http://www.performancemenu.com/backissues/...amp;issueNum=23

They also have a couple back issues with some basic stretches.

Also go here: http://www.performancemenu.com/forum/showt...highlight=rugby

Actually a search on their forum on rugby will get a ton of hits.

Have fun!

I like the video, but I haven't been as consistent about it as I want to be. What do you mean you are looking for an ISO of it? ISO as I wrote in the subject line simply means in search of.

I'm all tapped out of rugby info, sorry.

I like the video, but I haven't been as consistent about it as I want to be. What do you mean you are looking for an ISO of it? ISO as I wrote in the subject line simply means in search of.

I see.. Did you end up getting the upper body one too. Can you tell me what you like about it or dislikes?

Afe

I didn't get the upper body one yet.

It was very clear and easy to understand. There were technical explanations and rationales for each movement explained clearly and precisely, and each move was shown from front and side angles. The guys who put this together obviously knew what they were talking about, but explained it without any jargon.

It was broken into easy, medium and difficult exercises. Easy included some yoga moves and some moves to floss up the spine, as well as glute-activating moves like birddogs, supine bridges, etc. The medium moves included a lot of dynamic stretches and advanced activation movements, esp. for hip flexors. They develop ROM and basic flexibility... leg swings, windmills, cradle walks, hip corrections, etc. The difficult movements build on the foundations from the other exercises but honestly weren't all that difficult.

At the end there were static stretches; an IT band stretch, neck stretches and a warrior stretch.

While it's great that the guys who put this together are accessible, they don't list contraindications in their routine. I e-mailed Eric Cressey about this and he asked me to post my question on the T-Nation board, and then I had to e-mail him again for clarification on which of these not to do if you have a bit of lordosis. I feel like that information and similar info should have been in the DVD to begin with.

Also as a review I read elsewhere mentioned, you have to write your own sample routines based on the exercise. This wasn't hard for me to do though because there are quite a few I'm not supposed to do so I just did the rest.

Hope this helps.

I didn't get the upper body one yet.

It was very clear and easy to understand. There were technical explanations and rationales for each movement explained clearly and precisely, and each move was shown from front and side angles. The guys who put this together obviously knew what they were talking about, but explained it without any jargon.

It was broken into easy, medium and difficult exercises. Easy included some yoga moves and some moves to floss up the spine, as well as glute-activating moves like birddogs, supine bridges, etc. The medium moves included a lot of dynamic stretches and advanced activation movements, esp. for hip flexors. They develop ROM and basic flexibility... leg swings, windmills, cradle walks, hip corrections, etc. The difficult movements build on the foundations from the other exercises but honestly weren't all that difficult.

At the end there were static stretches; an IT band stretch, neck stretches and a warrior stretch.

While it's great that the guys who put this together are accessible, they don't list contraindications in their routine. I e-mailed Eric Cressey about this and he asked me to post my question on the T-Nation board, and then I had to e-mail him again for clarification on which of these not to do if you have a bit of lordosis. I feel like that information and similar info should have been in the DVD to begin with.

Also as a review I read elsewhere mentioned, you have to write your own sample routines based on the exercise. This wasn't hard for me to do though because there are quite a few I'm not supposed to do so I just did the rest.

Hope this helps.

I agree on the exercises, they should have include some program that you can follow. The exercises are worth it though imo. Here's a review of Magnificent Mobility that includes a list of all the exercises on the DVD, might interest other members.

Posted too fast, didn't see your question :unsure:

Here's a review of the Inside/out DVD too. Not as good as the other review though. I really liked it, helps my shoulders & neck a lot. Hope this helps.