fefil

kunlun confusion..

I've been reading here, and elsewhere, about Kunlun. The more I read the more confused I get. As far as I can understand there're three people presenting it in different ways.

Can anyone explain the different 'approaches' so I know what I'm getting. I'm planning to get dvds and some are very expensive, like the Kuan Yin Magnetic Qigong. Is the KYMQ a somehow more advanced practice or something? I can't see the reason a single dvd would cost $100.. As I'm outside US, I also have to pay customs duties + vat, for that reason I must research well on what is what.

What I really want to know is the difference between Jenny Lambs level 1 Kunlun, Max Lomax's Red Phoenix and KYMQ. And then I can make a wiser choise.

I'm new to Qigong, but not to meditation, which I've been practicing for several years now.

There is only one Kunlun, by Max Christensen.

Jenny Lamb's Spontaneous Qigong is equivalent of level 1 Kunlun.

In an older book about Kunlun some other practices from Jenny Lamb's lineage were presented as Kunlun level 2 and level 3, in more recent Kunlun books I believe these were removed and replaced with different practices

Red Phoenix is an advanced practice in Kunlun system that doesn't come from Jenny Lamb, ie. only Max Christensen and his certified teachers teach it.

Kuan Ying Magnetic Qigong is said (by some, not me, I can't compare as I don't know Red Phoenix) to be similar to Red Phoenix, but it's not Red Phoenix and can't find the reference right now (it's here on the forums) but it wasn't taught by Max Christensen but some other teacher, to sifu Matsuo.

Edited by Leif

Max and Jenny teach the same technique in the beginning, Max added other techniques on after to so he can put a TM on it but the beginning spontaneous adjustment/Kunlun is the main practice and is the same with both teachers. I don't know about KYMQ but I wouldn't pay that for a dvd either especially as I have heard that the production is very poor.

Edited by Jetsun

Max learned the practice of yigong/Spontaneous adjustment qigong(kunlun level 1) from Jenny Lamb. From what I heard he stole the level 2 and 3 practices from Jenny(this is all hearsay) and called them kunlun. He later removed level 2 and 3 and added other practices.

John

Jenny Lamb does good work and her DVDs are reasonably priced, what you'll get from Sifu Jenny is all you'll ever need.

Avoid those expensive systems they are simply patented money spinners. Some of these system-sellers add a few tweaks of their own imagining and then rack up the price.

• Like 1

The kunlun book is the least expensive option presented here. (http://www.primordia...m/publications/)

The trademarking of kunlun is related to once-students ripping the system off wholesale, presenting it as their own under various names (jedi training.....), changing the practices (undermining the safety of the system) , and asking outrageous prices for teaching/instruction. Trademarking became necessary to keep this presentation whole and to minimize abuse.

Jenny shared the practices with Max and said it was Max's decision to then share it with the world. As presented now, each system has a different outcome. Both Max and Jenny offer beautiful/powerful systems and prospective adherents of either presentation shouldn't be put off by the laughable amounts of negativity that crop up when trigger-words like "kunlun" enter the conversation.

There are 3 levels to Red Phoenix..... and even RP 1 is not just "third eye breathing". Trunks' assessment of the practice as "Brain-alchemy" is far more accurate and contains the necessary subtlety.

And in terms of poor dvd quality, the Dragon Gate dvds are almost laughably crude in their presentation, but Matsuo is vibrant/lucid and gems abound. The relevance of flashy production to the quality of the contained material with spiritual work is beyond me. I'll turn on Avatar if I want fireworks.

best.

balance.

Edited by balance.
  • Like 7