dc9

magick. is this a load of bull shit? is this guy insane or a genius?

http://www.amazon.com/Undoing-Yourself-Energized-Meditation-Devices/dp/1561840572

Is anyone familiar with this book, or Christopher Hyatt? The majority of the book is a huge rant against society and how most humans are sleeping through their lives, robotized by their genetics and environment and with only the illusion of free will. The book then gives these techniques that will "undo" you and allow you to have true free will and be the master of your own destiny.

This concept is very intriguing to me, but the actual techniques are disappointing. Yelling as loud as i can when i exhale my breath? Wiggling my body parts before a meditation session? Wtf's the point of that? How is this any different than meditation, except with more silliness added to it?

I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated because I read the intro part of the book and my hopes were soaring. Have I really found the book that will change my life? And then the techniques the book tells me turns out to be nothing out of the ordinary.

The book teases me more about things like how when I finally reprogram my brain with its techniques, my "True free will" will be able to make my mind its slave. My mind will do anything I want it to. I won't have to feel negative emotions anymore if i don't want to. I could have intense orgasms any time I want. Every second of my life I will be in complete control of my mind.

Is such a thing really possible? Later on in the book it feels like the author is just incessantly rambling about things when all i want is to learn how to be free. I already know society is fucked up and people, including me, are sheeps. there's no need to dedicate 80% of the book reiterating that.. it's not productive ..

Glenn Morris talked about leading people through Kundalini and how many were suddenly astounded at how sheeplike and asleep every one around them was. He seemed to see it as unpleasant phase people went through, before coming back to humility where growth could begin again.

It's a phase thats as ego filled or more then what they started with. But a little further and you get over the superiority, back to beginners mind and new lessons emerge.

• Like 5

If the only thing the book does is to jolt one out of being amongst the 80+percent that are still reacting to stimuli, then I suppose it is a good book ... there is a need for that, after all. If you are not in that percentage, then welcome to Tao Bums.

The key to awakening is self-awareness.

The mere fact that you're becoming aware that most people live their lives in this way is already a sign that you're already awakening. You cannot "demand" that you instantly become awake completely. It comes with time and maturity.

One movie I found instrumental in my own path on awakening was Fight Club. I recommend you go see it.

• Like 2

Is such a thing really possible? Later on in the book it feels like the author is just incessantly rambling about things when all i want is to learn how to be free. I already know society is fucked up and people, including me, are sheeps. there's no need to dedicate 80% of the book reiterating that.. it's not productive ..

Maybe I'm superficial, but when someone try to teach some physical exercise that allegedly promotes health and well-being (stuff that go hand-in hand with spiritual growth), I just look at his physical appearance...

Obviously, Bruce Kumar Frantzis is The exception that proves the rule. :D

The book teases me more about things like how when I finally reprogram my brain with its techniques, my "True free will" will be able to make my mind its slave. My mind will do anything I want it to. I won't have to feel negative emotions anymore if i don't want to. I could have intense orgasms any time I want. Every second of my life I will be in complete control of my mind.

These claims srike me more as "selling points" of the book, not end results of a system. Dont be too disappointed, there are as many roads to freedom as there are free people.

The key to awakening is self-awareness.

The mere fact that you're becoming aware that most people live their lives in this way is already a sign that you're already awakening. You cannot "demand" that you instantly become awake completely. It comes with time and maturity.

One movie I found instrumental in my own path on awakening was Fight Club. I recommend you go see it.

The Dog Brothers Martial Art path is about as close to the spirit of tha excellent movie Fight Club that you'll find out there.

Not for the fainthearted but they are fine people.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=L1RzBzl_O3o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DL1RzBzl_O3o&gl=GB

Edited by GrandmasterP

i feel like if you are reading a book about something like this (or even reading a book in general) you are already a lot more "awake" than the rest of society as far as the person saying you need to wake up is concerned.

i'm really tired of the whole "wake up" thing. What if i am already awake to things but would rather "go back to sleep"? There are some things i acknowledge as truth and a real issue but i would rather not think about them 24/7. Things like the illuminati and genocide. i know these exist but i don't think i could do anything to stop them so it is better for me as a person to not think about stuff like that all the time. Anyone that doesn't know stuff like this might just go "that is stupid" within the first 5 seconds so the you need to wake up argument is pointless to me

I'm always amazed at Fight Club. It really is a main stream success, and major wake up call. Usually such serious thoughts aren't put out there in a way mass culture cares to consume it.

Great movie.

• Like 2

I'm always amazed at Fight Club. It really is a main stream success, and major wake up call. Usually such serious thoughts aren't put out there in a way mass culture cares to consume it.

Great movie.

Yeah o.k. qigong master Jim Nance reported how when he was a martial arts black belt in the 1960s he would always win his fights but he saw things in slow motion and so he knew the other person's moves ahead of them. But after he won he would be sobbing because he felt the pain that he inflicted on the other person -- he felt it as his own pain. So then a Chinese master visited from China and told Jim Nance he needed to start training internal martial arts. But at that time Jim Nance didn't know what "internal martial arts" meant.

In qigong expressing anger is very dangerous because as qigong master Effie P. Chow says the energy resonates back to you twice as painful.

So I never liked the movie Fight Club and when my peers as males started trying to beat each other up to emulate the movie -- I thought it was tragic and a waste of time.

Unfortunately people do have to resort to violence to defend themselves in extreme situations but also violence on its own is punished by the State as illegal, etc.

Sure I like martial arts movies but as qigong master Chunyi Lin says "there is good pain and bad pain." Chunyi Lin says there is good pain in describing the full lotus yoga position. Why? Because the pain is resonating as the yin-yang dynamics of the body so it's actually healing the person.

As qigong master Yan Xin states -- training in fighting without relying on qigong is stupid. Oh I think I have the direct quote on my blog.

One of my first martial arts masters, Master Haiden, had not slept for over sixty years, yet still maintained excellent health, as well as a highly intelligent mind.

It means the teaching of real qigong does not resemble the replication of one form or one style like in the teaching of gymnastics or martial arts. Rather, it entails high-level Qigong masters imparting the external qi (energy, information, et cetera) of qigong, to disciples or to people willing to learn qigong. By imparting external qi, a master enables a special and fundamental change in the body of a qi-receiver - historically, this process was called "point and transform."

There is a saying by some ancient masters: "To learn martial arts without internal qigong, one will regret this for life. To learn internal qigong without martial arts, one will enjoy countless wonderful benefits."

I interrupted, "You should do at least two thousand in a stretch!" I said just this one sentence while emitting quite strong qi to him.

However a good internal qigong practitioner with focused consciousness, qi and force, can easily throw a punch of over a thousand pounds of force, or even several thousand pounds of force. Using his index and middle fingers, in one stroke, Master Haiden could poke into a big bundle of sand wrapped in cow hide and hemp

sacking.

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2012/10/maintaining-state-of-listening-but-not.html

• Like 2

Yeah o.k. qigong master Jim Nance reported how when he was a martial arts black belt in the 1960s he would always win his fights but he saw things in slow motion and so he knew the other person's moves ahead of them. But after he won he would be sobbing because he felt the pain that he inflicted on the other person -- he felt it as his own pain. So then a Chinese master visited from China and told Jim Nance he needed to start training internal martial arts. But at that time Jim Nance didn't know what "internal martial arts" meant.

In qigong expressing anger is very dangerous because as qigong master Effie P. Chow says the energy resonates back to you twice as painful.

So I never liked the movie Fight Club and when my peers as males started trying to beat each other up to emulate the movie -- I thought it was tragic and a waste of time.

Unfortunately people do have to resort to violence to defend themselves in extreme situations but also violence on its own is punished by the State as illegal, etc.

Sure I like martial arts movies but as qigong master Chunyi Lin says "there is good pain and bad pain." Chunyi Lin says there is good pain in describing the full lotus yoga position. Why? Because the pain is resonating as the yin-yang dynamics of the body so it's actually healing the person.

As qigong master Yan Xin states -- training in fighting without relying on qigong is stupid. Oh I think I have the direct quote on my blog.

http://fulllotusqigo...ng-but-not.html

It's pretty obvious that you never saw in depth into the movie and just took everything literally. The movie is a metaphor for ourselves. It is extremely deep for those who have the depth to actually read between the lines towards the real meaning that it was trying to convey. The movie is made in an ingenious way; its one of the few movies that to the shallow, comes off as pointless and shallow, but to those who have depth in the way they think, reveals an incredible amount of things about themselves. Fight Club is a modern-day parable; a wake-up call to those who have eyes that can see.

Ah I read that book a while ago, it isn't up to much. I sent the author an e-mail asking why I should do his made up meditation rather than one which had been around for thousands of years, he was kind enough to reply and honest enough to say that there was no advantage to doing his. So I would conclude he is just another guy trying to cash in.

• Like 2

Ah I read that book a while ago, it isn't up to much. I sent the author an e-mail asking why I should do his made up meditation rather than one which had been around for thousands of years, he was kind enough to reply and honest enough to say that there was no advantage to doing his. So I would conclude he is just another guy trying to cash in.

what did he say, exactly? In the book he actually gave some reasons why the new age western philosophies are superior to eastern ones. Something like eastern meditation is content with detaching oneself from their thoughts and body and becoming an observer, while the western new age stuff takes it one step further and puts emphasis on reprogramming your thoughts and 5 senses after the detachment.

It sounds like a reasonable point to me, if he can back it up. But why would he then say that there is no advantage to his methods over older forms of meditation? Can you post the emails? I have a hard time believing it.

What if i am already awake to things but would rather "go back to sleep"?

Damn man that's how I feel. Hell I felt more awake when I was healthy and normal, and now that I have to deal with this damn kundalini business I feel like I'm asleep, life is flying past me and I'm missing out on all the good stuff.

Like virtually everything else on the spiritual market, this is bullshit. I suggest you use it to wipe with because that's all it's good for.

yeah dude my thinking exactly :)

Yes, I agree with pythagroeanfulllotus in that shallow people just see it as glorified violence. But practitioner has it right.

Anyways...enough about fight club and back to the book...

Edited by i am

http://fulllotusqigo...ng-but-not.html

That is ridiculously, insightful thanks.

what did he say, exactly? In the book he actually gave some reasons why the new age western philosophies are superior to eastern ones. Something like eastern meditation is content with detaching oneself from their thoughts and body and becoming an observer, while the western new age stuff takes it one step further and puts emphasis on reprogramming your thoughts and 5 senses after the detachment.

It sounds like a reasonable point to me, if he can back it up. But why would he then say that there is no advantage to his methods over older forms of meditation? Can you post the emails? I have a hard time believing it.

I don't remember exactly as it was about ten years ago, but he wasn't particularly interested in convincing me that his work is any better than what is already out there. I think I tried his methods for a while and can't remember much about them, I think they are pretty harmless to try.

What if i am already awake to things but would rather "go back to sleep"?

Damn man that's how I feel. Hell I felt more awake when I was healthy and normal, and now that I have to deal with this damn kundalini business I feel like I'm asleep, life is flying past me and I'm missing out on all the good stuff.

I know this steak doesn't exist. And I know that the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After 9 years, you know what I have learned?

S9GGw.jpg

Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1

ignorance is ignorance, and bliss is bliss. Most people who live in a state of ignorance never get a chance to experience actual bliss, thats just something they say when life rips a crack in their coccoon and the light hurts their eyes.

not to argue with you mal, i think that as a quote its apropos of the complaints of mike134.

just sayin

• Like 1

All cool, I didn't write the matrix script ;-)

I was just reminded of cypher wanting to get back in (a feeling I know I've had) to go back to enjoying the illusion, without remembering that his enjoyment is also an illusion.