Sign in to follow this  
mike 134

Producing physiological effects from heat?

Holy crap, this is like my 20th post in 2 weeks :) I have something for you guys....

A couple of months ago, I gained the very strange ability to create heat (or at least sensations of heat) pretty much anywhere in my body, just by thinking about it. It's not something that I obtained after devoted practice, on the contrary, I gained it overnight as a result of suffering from the "kundalini syndrome." And I can do it pretty easily too, at any time, instantaneously. Like right now as I type I'm heating up my abdomen. If I wanted to heat up my right foot I'll just think about it and instantly it will start to heat up, even if I'm driving or eating or doing something else.

At first I thought it was just a useless curiosity, but I discovered that I can produce physiological effects by sending heat to the right places. Many of the effects are negative, for instance, heating anywhere in the head is sure to cause agitation and insomnia. However, heating in the lower abdomen seems to increase my sexual prowess, and heating up my left elbow makes me a little more tired, so I use it to help me fall asleep.

So I naturally began to ask myself: What sort of physiological effects can I produce by heating up the various parts of my body? The body is large and complicated, with many body parts. Can I produce a wide range of effects by heating up the proper areas? What sort of effects can I experience? Is there a general guide to this somewhere, like a website or a book, that lists all the body parts, and says:

If you heat up body part X, you produce effect Y ????

Also, is there a proper "name" to this sort of practice or meditation? I used to think it's the same as tummo but others say kundalini heat is different, and I'm still confused even after talking to a couple of ppl. Thanks.

I look up that Wim Hof dude.

Edit: automatic text typo. I had typed in "Wim" and was sure that's what I'd posted but the b@stard autotext made the change while I was not paying attention.

Edited by -K-

Yeah thx for reminding me of him. What he does is interesting but it looks like he is producing heat merely for the sake of producing heat.... to keep himself warm in icy temperatures. I'm interested in using heat to do other stuff. Like right now I have a lot of apathy; I'm feeling super calm with no anxiety, and that's great for public speaking or dealing with stressful situations. But if I'm trying to enjoy a scary movie then I want to tone down the calmness and be able to get excited and anxious again. So it would be nice if there were some area of the body, a center, a "chakra", or whatever, that I can blast some heat into, and produce those effects.

Might want to study TCM, especially the acupuncture points and meridians.

Be very, very careful, though. Just randomly shooting heat into parts of your body isn't a good idea.

• Like 1

It's a good cultivation is generating heat, anybody can do it given time and intention.

Hold energy ball and turn round move in the 8 strands is a good 'in' to doing that for anyone who fancies having a go.

You'll not come to any harm from generating hot hands or feet but I'd be careful about randomly directing heat either internally within yourself or externally by contact or near contact onto someone else. It might mess up equilibrium.

Edited by GrandmasterP

so you create heat just by moving your attention to a part of you? when i move my attention around internally i just get super increased bloodflow. if i want heat i have to do something active and then move my attention to the place to heat. Do you think about what heat feels like while you focus or just focusing itself does it?

It's the Qi ball that's hot, it's external.

You can hold it to cold feet and feel the heat of it.

One old trick and quite safe is hold your right hand open over your partner's flat right hand about two fingers width above it, not touching him.

Rotate clockwise with intention for a golf ball size Qi ball and after a few revolutions by you he will begin to feel it rolling in his palm and warming up.

Then reverse and do it anti clockwise, Qi ball goes cold and keeps on getting colder.

Have fun.

;-)

Edited by GrandmasterP

qi ball? nah I'm not able to do that, although I can warm up my hands though.

Do you think about what heat feels like while you focus or just focusing itself does it?

nope. I just direct my attention somewhere and almost instantly there is warmth there. No technique involved whatsoever. On a skill level from zero to ten it's an emphatic zero. I'm not sure if it's real heat or just a perception of heat though, I'll have to buy one of those skin thermometers and test myself one of these days. I sure hope it's not real heat though, which would be bad.

Be very, very careful, though. Just randomly shooting heat into parts of your body isn't a good idea.

Yeah I think you're right. But my body is pretty stupid, it seems to generate a lot of heat all on its own without me doing anything. For months my heart has been burning up, and I have frequent bouts of heat in my arms and legs. I try to fight the heart heat by sending it downward, but I tried all sorts of stuff and it doesn't really work. I keep wondering what the hell all that heat is doing in my heart, surely nothing good. Damn krap-alini, always doing bad things to me.

EDIT: is it true that everybody with kundalini syndrome can generate and direct body heat? I hear a lot about kundalini heat but nothing about ppl manipulating it like me. Seriously there is nothing to it, just focus somewhere and viola, heat! It's a no brainer. You don't even have to concentrate hard. Right now I'm warming up my belly but at the same time I'm also typing and eating dinner. Try it out folks!! Just avoid the head !!!

Edited by mike 134

Give it a go mike, there's no real skill involved, in classes we can get people doing it in pairs in session 2 without any problems.

IME thats not uncommon. VERY handy on a cold winters day.

One word of warning, spoken only from my experience if you dont mind, be careful with hot energy. I hurt myself very badly using WAY too much hot energy once and it took years to get back on track. Be. Careful.(Or at least smarter than a younger me.) Other than that, have fun.

• Like 1

Holy crap, this is like my 20th post in 2 weeks :) I have something for you guys....

A couple of months ago, I gained the very strange ability to create heat (or at least sensations of heat) pretty much anywhere in my body, just by thinking about it. It's not something that I obtained after devoted practice, on the contrary, I gained it overnight as a result of suffering from the "kundalini syndrome." And I can do it pretty easily too, at any time, instantaneously. Like right now as I type I'm heating up my abdomen. If I wanted to heat up my right foot I'll just think about it and instantly it will start to heat up, even if I'm driving or eating or doing something else.

Also, is there a proper "name" to this sort of practice or meditation? I used to think it's the same as tummo but others say kundalini heat is different, and I'm still confused even after talking to a couple of ppl. Thanks.

Hi Mike,

The meditation you are doing is effectively "body scanning". Feeling "heat" is a beginning stage of being able to feel your body-mind energy. As it "refines", the feeling of heat will become more like "vibrations". As you have found, the energy follows your attention/focus. Extended focusing on different parts of the body will result in different "effects", as each part of the body is related to different types of issues/fears. As a suggestion, don't focus too much on the head as it can lead to feelings of spaciness and detachment. Also, for fun... Try to see if you can focus and heat the ground below your feet... See what happens.

:)

Steady lads.

Best to keep it nice n simple for starters.

Take this as a metaphor if you wish...

One cubit is the distance from the inside of your elbow to your stretched middle finger so a tall person's cubit is bigger than a small persons.

That distance of one cubit, all around your body, including under your feet is where the external stuff interacts with you so the soles of your feet interface with ground surface is a dodgy place to start someone could be sucking up far too much hot stuff via bubbling well points and not know it until problems manifest internally.

External via hands is your best bet and that Qi ball, big or small gives 'hands on' practice.

Sign in to follow this