Lucid dreaming and dream interpretation is a part of many of the spiritual traditions of the past and is mentioned in many of the world religions.

A good meditation and statement of realization/affirmation/mantra/whatever you do, to do at night before bed is to silently affirm to yourself, "I remember my dreams and am conscious while dreaming."

It is also more healthy to gradually drift into sleep, than to pass out immediately.

Another one to do in the daytime is, "My concentration is becoming perfect." And, "My concentration is perfect."

Do not phrase an affirmation like "I will remember my dreams tonight", because your mind will then think that it is something that always will happen in the future, but not now in the present time, which is what time it always is. To mentally realize the statement to yourself is also more powerful than repeating a mantra over and over.

You should also get in the habit of writing down your dreams when you wake up if you can, anything you can remember, even if it's just fragments or bits, immediately upon waking up. After several weeks or months you can look over the info over time and see if there are any patterns or recurring themes

Here is a cool article about dreams and their meaning according to the readings of Edgar Cayce

Edgar Cayce on dreams

The Edgar Cayce Dream Dictionary. This page explains what the symbolic meaning of something in a dream is-

Edgar Cayce Readings Dream Dictionary

Use this dictionary as a resource. It contains only those symbols which were clearly interpreted in one or more of the Cayce dream readings. For many of the symbols there are other possible interpretations listed as well. Based on your own personal associations, you may want to add other likely meanings for certain symbols.

This dictionary may be used as a starting point for assembling a more complete reference. one way to do this is to devote one section of your dream joumal notebook to a personal dictionary. Whenever you dream of a symbol that does not appear in this dictionary of symbols from the Cayce readings, add an entry to your own, personally compiled, reference list.

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 1

Hi Immortal4life,

Sorry to hijack your thread but I couldn't PM you,

I have had sleep problems.  Your post about how to phrase an affirmation opened my eyes that maybe my sleep affirmations are not phrased correctly.  If it suits I would like to humbly ask you how to best phrase what I want to do.  

What I want to do is have my unconscious tell me how to have the best nights sleep.  Best mattress, best internal health, best nighttime ritual.  So far I am just saying "I will have the best nights sleep, every night and my unconscious will tell me how".

Thanks mate and thanks for this post.

Please also let us know your lucid dreaming goes.

Hi Goldleaf,

You are subconsciously energetically connecting to people and the world around you, and most likely that is spilling over into your mind which is probably creating your issues. It is sort of like you are recieving (or taking in) the flows, but not transmitting (releasing) them back out, which creates sort of an overload. In Taoist terms you are more yin, and need to balance with more yang.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I PM'd you about this since I don't want to hijack this thread.  But in the interest of helping others I realised it may be better to post your answer publicly, feel free.

Cheers

GL

Sign in to follow this