deci belle

Assessing a Sickness called "My Life"

Those who glibly claim to have "no practice" and conceitedly trumpet simply living as "my life" are sadly deluded.

This is because following random activity and calling that spontaneity, may be accomplishing "no practice", but this has no affinity with the function of observing mind arriving at cessation of random consciousness.

This is because "my life" at this point is not yet one's own, independent of conditioned existence.

Until ignorant individuals arrive at the will to enlightenment and struggle deliberately to turn their lives around by turning the light of their own consciousness around, go in reverse, and finally arrive at the origin of Complete Reality, will they discover for themselves that "my life" has no power in or outside of karmic evolution until it is blown away forever by realizing their nature void of self.

Until practice reaches the realm of unattributability there is no automomy because until one is finally and continuously aware of nonorigination, one cannot transcend being bound by the conditioned self constituting the karmic matrix going through its inexorable cycles of yin and yang.

Obviously, it is only when these individuals reach their serial impasses do they endeavor to deploy their defiant "my life" proclamations. This would be the very antithesis of the selflessly autonomous adaption of enlightening being in everyday ordinary situations unbeknownst to anyone which is the middle way whereby neither absolute nor mundanity stand.

True effective practice is arrival at the subsequently permanent activation of turning the light around to illuminate its source and have that source void of self or other identify one's life. Those who fall back to the refuge of "my life" when it suits them are proving their ultimate ignorance of the source of spontaneity and their partnership as coeval with creation— and not subject to it.

This is then where phenomena is empty and characteristics have their variables. Enlightening being is governed by random karmic activity in that selfless response has no set categories, only relying on the timing of heaven, the situations of earth, and the phantoms of self and other in concert as the creatively evolving karmic matrix alternates cyclically.

Arrival transcends the puny morality of "my life" in that one sees through phenomena without denying their characteristics. You see through your life without denying its characteristics as well. Therefore one does not go along with conditions but subtly stands apart by not harboring ulterior motives in speculation on outcomes or for one's ego-securities, only adapting impersonally by assessing objectively in the midst of changes.

The primal and temporal are originally not two. This is not beyond the function of enlightening being seeing through "my life". Complete Reality is one's function in terms of unity of absolute and conditional in one breath. Otherwise, what would be the point of seeing your nature? It is just to enable one to activate the real in ordinary situations unbeknownst to anyone. If anyone knew, it wouldn't be real~ nor would it be natural.

"Nevertheless, it is necessary to wind up at the point where 'heaven is open, earth is broad, and all things are just as they are,' for only this can be considered attainment."

ed note: italicize "that source void of self or other"; bold "identify one's life" in 7th paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 4

Deci, can you dumb it down for us in the 140 and under IQ section, please?

I can almost follow you, but not quite.

• Like 3

I feel like I understand it but I always feel terribly scolded by Deci and other people who talk about this stuff. On more than several occasions, however, what he's talking about has been seen in horrible fluorescent light by me, who, upon discovering it pretends not to understand and, well, goes back to doing whatever it was without that darn fluorescent bulb hanging over my head showing me what an ass I've been and no doubt will continue to be, given proclivifies have become grooves and grooves have become ruts the size left by slow moving heavy machinery. I don't think I'd be good at quantum stuff. It's like asking elephants to fly.

• Like 3

Deci, can you dumb it down for us in the 140 and under IQ section, please?

I can almost follow you, but not quite.

hahahahhahaa!!❤❤❤ I sink zere is quantum realm at boce end ovs ze IQ sexion!! Hoo can say I doont's know!! haha!!❤

ed note… typo in last sentence heehee!!

Edited by deci belle

I feel like I understand it but I always feel terribly scolded by Deci and other people who talk about this stuff. On more than several occasions, however, what he's talking about has been seen in horrible fluorescent light by me, who, upon discovering it pretends not to understand and, well, goes back to doing whatever it was without that darn fluorescent bulb hanging over my head showing me what an ass I've been and no doubt will continue to be, given proclivifies have become grooves and grooves have become ruts the size left by slow moving heavy machinery. I don't think I'd be good at quantum stuff. It's like asking elephants to fly.

just smoochies pour Vous yumyumz!! Mmwwaaa!!❤

• Like 1

Well, at least sum bums now know how I fell when I try to read Dogen!

Oh, dear…

Self-reflection clouds natural impersonal awareness in terms of an objective reality of ordinary situations.

It is possible to assess situations and respond spontaneously to the very conditions dictated by temporal affairs by cultivating the habit of non-interference. It is not a matter of imaginary separateness, but rather resting readily in the perspective of nonspeculative nonavoidance. Neither avoiding nor defining the inevitable nor speculating on outcomes is close.

At first it is a ploy to gain detachment from internal and external bedevilments in order to save energy, but eventually it becomes the strategy to take over creation and steal potential. Further still, it is the means by which enlightening beings carry out tasks and fulfill accomplishments in secret.

It just comes back to using the world for self-refinement instead of self-gratification. In terms of self-refinement we develop the habit of not seeing situations as arenas for speculation. When we have nothing potentially invested, we develop autonomy— which is more evolved than raw sensual detachment of the lower vehicles of formative moralities of renunciation.

When we refuse to invest ourselves in terms of potential, we gain that potential— it is unsaid. The rule is not using what is seen; and using what is not seen. Not using is not having attachment, however subtle, to objects, situations or outcomes; using is in not-using potential. We see potential by not speculating on inert temporal manifestations; we steal it by seeing it. It is the way it is for no reason. No one knows why.

So by not speculating on temporal manifestations and by not deciding what potential is naturally inherent in any given situation, and refusing to entertain intellectual ramifications, we absorb potential just by virtue of seeing— this how to use it.

When we then relegate potential to nonpsychological awareness, we don't even say what it could possibly be to ourselves. That is what seals it away. No one knows that or what we strategically aren't knowing. All that those who steal potential know, is that potential is not inevitability …yet, and in terms of inconceivability, to the degree we absorb potential in the course of ordinary everyday affairs, we enter the mystery. Just responding to affairs without speculation on outcomes is selfless adaption.

Ok, so it's crazy; but that is the secret to taking over creation, stealing potential, and seeing through phenomena without negating appearances. It all depends on selfless awareness. That is, our habitual perception is gradually influenced to have no habitual, reflexive connection to gratifying or avoiding sensually speculative concerns.

By sensual, I mean anything perceivable by any avenue of perception— this isn't just a matter of sex, drugs, money, power, personal or professional influence or cravings of any sort. It is much more subtle, and pervasive. It is the means by which to transcend one's conditioned awareness of self-illusion and enter the inconceivable mystery of the Way by seeing your nature.

This is turning the light of awareness around to shine on its source. This is direct activation of enlightening being in the midst of ordinary affairs unbeknownst to anyone. When we don't use ordinary conditioned awareness to follow ordinary conditioned affairs, then the light of awareness is turned around automatically with no effort involved at all.

So the mention of Assessing the Sickness of My Life means nothing~ just forget it and everything will be ok (in more ways than one). haha!!❤

• Like 1

I think deep ruts are true for all of us. Rather than quantum stuff, I find it easier to just "face" why one builds the ruts. When we deal with them and let them go, we get the quantum stuff for free.

:)

• Like 1

Jeff, there are some quantum level techniques that work very, very well. No harm in using effective techniques. Excellent time savers.

Hope you are well. :)

Hi Rainbowvein,

I agree that if something works, one should definitely go with it. I am also a fan of quantum techniques. But, in the end, the ruts still need to be cleared. Otherwise, one is "pulled" by unconscious issues/fears/irritations. Even for a Buddha, there are always more "obstructions" to clear. Only the mind/ego ever believes it is "done".

I also hope you are well and had a good holiday season.

• Like 1

I'm finding both the so-called 'quantum' techniques as well as what we might be considering as 'non-quantum' kind of meet each other. I also think it's worth doing both.

The plot thickens:-)

---opinion---

Edit: still don't understand 'quantum' anything.

Edited by -K-
  • Like 3

I agree with this thought. This is very deep and wise.

I dont think that the following observation is 100% related to your OP Deci but I interpeted with this lens anyways

I will keep what I wrote here : But in my opinion, most people and very very much "myself" included just cant accept this. It is just too much for them or "their" egos.

"I" had a thought. That one can "meditate"/awareness is there and THINK/philosophise both at the same time.

So purposely trying to think/philosophise.

"I" have a habit of/I am receiving a lot of clever thoughts/epiphanies, which entertain my ego and make "me" Identify with ego, a lot more, "I" also find "I" am very attached to this, maybe thats a belief too of an "I" that is attached, while "I" write this it is dissolving. Anyways in tantra they dont say destroy pleasure, they watch pleasure, knowing that by watching it will go by itself.

So yeh, awareness during thought, meditation whilst philosophising/thinking. But "who" is meditating, and "who" is thinking..

Also watching the desire to have a method that will both remove ego and keep pleasure there, and future involved

Observing fear and whose fear

Edited by sinansencer

Actually thanks again deci that is a very awakening signpost

Please have no concern for intellectual understanding. I am only describing the everyday ordinary function I personally carry out according to the time and circumstances as I accept conditions. The quote below says it in a word, a phrase, a line or more…❤

When I originally studied the works of the adepts, I never tried to understand anything, but I didn't care because there was just nothing else I was interested in immersing myself. Anything with the flavor of the ancient mysteries of perception …there was fathomless, aware nature. I couldn't see anything else and I just wanted to go back as far as was possible to know how this is alone, bare, stripped pure. I did not even know that this is what is necessary to do in order to accomplish this.

I never knew anyone who had done this and never spoke to anyone about it. I never even thought that doing this was something anyone would want to do. I was just doing it. I never asked a single question …I just went for it for no reason at all.

I had no interest whatsoever in any kind of philosophy. I cared nothing for what could possibly have an explanation.

Fathomlessness was all I cared for and fathomlessness was what I got. It has no end. Nothing compares to the real.

The true mind is round and bright, naked and free, not divorced from objects yet not attached to objects. If people can see objects without minding, this is the original face of enlightenment— there is no need to seek the original face of enlightenment anywhere else. In sum, when there is no human mind, only then can you see the true mind. Once the true mind is seen, you immediately realize enlightenment and suddenly transcend to the beyond.
  • Like 4

perhaps...? Your life cannot belong to you whilst your awareness of self is attached to origins and destinations; so long as your idea of self remains that you are a temporary blip in an endless ocean of experience, you will never know your SELF, who DOES own "your" LIFE.

Edited by sinansencer

"The true mind is round and bright, naked and free, not divorced from objects yet not attached to objects. If people can see objects without minding, this is the original face of enlightenment— there is no need to seek the original face of enlightenment anywhere else. In sum, when there is no human mind, only then can you see the true mind. Once the true mind is seen, you immediately realize enlightenment and suddenly transcend to the beyond."

Hi Deci,

I like your quote very much. Seeing "true mind" is the beginning of the fun...

Yes. That is entry-level. It is a completely natural shift having no location or origination. Nothing changes other than perpetually including oneself as "other" in assessing everyday ordinary situations. It is not a calculated intellectual process. it is just the nature of perception itself. "Self" is not separate from objective awareness in terms of situations. This proceeds from before the first thought. Though it is not oneself, it is one's own; Though it is not other, unity is impersonal.

The quote is from a section near the end of Understanding Reality, by Chang Po-tuan, translated by Thomas Cleary.

The quote is from a section near the end of Understanding Reality, by Chang Po-tuan, translated by Thomas Cleary.

Thanks for the reference. I will check into the book.

"Self-reflection clouds natural impersonal awareness"

I 'got' this part of it. I didn't get the rest. Then I had a thought about the backwards issue that I can't at present articulate (it's a thought that hasn't percolated to words yet). But at some point in my experience of this whatever it is, there is a reversal of many concepts that seems to turn on the axis of oneself. Whether or not that's simply a result of the skewed world we're in, whether that's simply a result of the skewed family culture I was in, both of these or something more 'inherent' is at this point up for grabs for me.

---opinion--

-K- wrote:

"Self-reflection clouds natural impersonal awareness"

I 'got' this part of it.

Self-reflection clouds natural impersonal awareness in terms of an objective reality of ordinary situations.

Then I should have stopped right there.

That is all there is to it. The rest is fluff.

24/7, watch self-reflective and impersonal awareness. There is only one mind, sometimes appearing without thinking, sometimes used to manifest illusion.

Observing mind with a constant subtle concentration over a long period of time…❤

• Like 1

That is all there is to it. The rest is fluff.

24/7, watch self-reflective and impersonal awareness. There is only one mind, sometimes appearing without thinking, sometimes used to manifest illusion.

Excellent advice.

Thank you. :)

autonomous life is not terribly engaging... no pun intended. darn off to a bad start already! Autonomous life, observing life without intending to interfere... it is not easy; to truly lack intent to interfere has taken me all my life that I know of to consciously question the necessity of interference. THE WANT! THE DESIRE!! The "need" told to me every moment of every day... that I am told my that selfish self that is not of true self... maybe it is ego? Maybe, maybe some mind monster that cannot be seen was created by the WB and locked in a water tower.... never to be released. well maybe it got out... I don't know. I AM TOLD! That I need.... I need to get the girl, be the guy, I am supposed to earn the bacon and bring home the cash. I am told I need these things, but I ask why I need to "do" anything to "accomplish" anything that is of "necessity" if it IS in fact necessary? IF it is necessary, WHY? WHY do I need to? why do I NEED to impart effort to bring about this necessity? Unless... it is not, and never was in fact, ever, necessary at all?

I still want; I would like to get married and raise my children to ask these questions... and yet, unless there is a need...? perhaps I am forever ineligible and depressed and alone?

Edited by Hot Nirvana Judo Trend

Mr Hot Nirvana,

My personal stance on the false 'selfish/selfless' dichotomy is that it's yet another horrible attempt to confound people. Often taught by parents to kids who by their nature can't really be otherwise. Keep asking/telling someone not to be what they are, IMO/IME it does a lot of damage. I can't say what you're supposed to do or be but it might be worth looking at whether the things you're talking about are really things you want and go from there. I know there's a lot of stuff that people are 'supposed' to want but for me 'spiritual practice' most directly involves understanding whether those things are also what I want or not. It hasn't been obvious.

• Like 1