Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Financial Sorcery

As a practitioner I know I am not alone in having an awkward and uncomfortable relationship with money.

SEONBAE ALWAYS TALKED ABOUT MONEY AND BUSINESS

It's like all that he uses his knowledge for, if he wanted he could have started a money money money pai or something

Instead of meditation and yoga for enlightened, it slowly became meditation to help get sum mor of dat monii

I still didn't learn Korean though

Thank you, it mean a 2.45$ to me

This is an important thread and as always you disrupt with your teenage remarks! If you have something intelligent to say in regards to the OP then state it. Otherwise, go to another site!

• Like 1

I had a few conversations with Jason Miller and have yet to purchase his book. Seems as if it is more based on ritual. Anyone purchased this book yet?

This is an important thread and as always you disrupt with your teenage remarks! If you have something intelligent to say in regards to the OP then state it. Otherwise, go to another site!

Man, I wish someone said that in one of my threads :lol:

Fine, since I'm the only appropriate alchemist who wasn't self taught around here, I should be more useful in the area again

There is no need to have a specific book like that to teach business. I especially don't like one that might have rituals that don't come from the person practicing.

It should be easy for a cultivator to have all the doors open for them when they have a lot of energy or chi, but the person that is holding them down most of the time is themselves. All together now "chi is the energy that powers intention", so won't someone with lots of chi have lots of money when they need it? The conditioning of a normal person get's in the way of that. If someone didn't have much money before gathering energy, then they might not have as much money after.

It's the same person who worked hard to get everything and probably build from the bottom up. If that person was on the way of building more capital, then they will keep growing and probably get rich in the end. All the energy will go into continuing doing what one was doing before, in the same way the poor person will continue being poor unless the change happens.

The energy needs to be channeled. For once, it needs to go into labor to continue doing what one was doing to get money, but that's easy and doesn't need explanation. Another thing that needs to happen is to make a change in the way one looks at things. Just the thought that money is hard to get and that it doesn't grow on trees can get in the way. If you really think that the weight you're holding is getting heavier, you will feel the additional weight.

Money is not a scary thing that makes scary white people crazy and doesn't like to stick around the poor people. Money flows like energy, and like energy it's everywhere. This energy works just like it does in your normal cultivation practice. Compare it to kudalini: the more you have, the more you can spend, and not spending makes it stronger. Everyone can gather energy but some masters use better techniques that normal mortals.

You know, sociology is applied psychology which is applied biology which is applied chemistry which is applied physics which is applied math. It's easy to see a connection between then but for some people it's hard to make a connection between cultivation and the mortal human world with scary money. The moment money becomes a type of energy, the connection clicks for some people. This is one big connection I would like everyone to see, it clears out many confusions and I loves me some patterns as you guys know. Everyone already subconsciously knows how to manage money but they are cut away from that by the rules made by the rich people who don't want competition. I bet you guys could think of some original ways to make money once your limiters are removed. There's no need to add to that knowledge with some useless book.

If you really need help, go to a master. Some don't get the role of a master either, you are not just learning from him but are also becoming him. Successful people, even these who didn't learn things from someone else, have habits that pushed them to the top. If you are not where you want to be, then you are not a person who is meant to be there, yet. Sometimes you have to be aggressive and sometimes you don't. You won't know if that fits your situation unless someone who is walking that path shows you, and walking is better then walked.

For example, if this guy is teaching business and is successful then why haven't I heard about him before? Wrong author then. Now, don't feel bad that you owe me some money from reading this.

• Like 2

Some people discuss how money is bad/evil yet have all their needs taken care off. I dont see being "spiritual with having to accept slave labour/scarcity in life. There is much stuff out there about this, and one can do many good things with money. Also thinking of maslows hierarchy where self actualisation is said to happen after base needs are met dont 100% agree, but it does ring true for me. I wish you luck in your financial mastery :)

Also I dont think money should neccessarily be the aim, more ABUNDANCE Imo there is a difference living in accordance with heart desires rather than numbers in the bank which dont neccessarily mean anything.

I dont see working in a job you hate 60 hours a week, doing greedy corrupt things and having lots of money as abundant. Other people might. My aim is abundant. One might be abundant now instead of thinking they need "money" to be abundant creating resistance. I feel I am abundant and am going to maintain/build on it. I think more about giving value than "making money"

Edited by sinansencer
  • Like 1

Sinfest, I liked all three of your postings here.

I have to say though, "If you really need help, go to a master." can already hint at the problem. I have no problem identifying what I need, but finding it is a wholly different thing.

Also, while I don't know anything about the specific author mentioned by OldGreen, I've encountered many cases of 'success-coaches' that in a way are merely running a pyramid scheme. You know, along the lines of: "You can be successful and make a lot of money, and my book will tell you how. Look at me, I'm the living proof that what I teach works! I make a fortune from selling those books that tell you how to make a fortune!"

@ralis

Lighten up! Don't play forum police. ... Every posting bumps a topic, you know? :)

Edited by Owledge

One of the things that I enjoyed about his perspective is that he says if you don't plan on being a nun, monk or a wandering yogi then you need to take care of your finances.....not only take care of your finances....but you must master your finances so that you can construct you life in harmony with your spiritual practices and not have the esoteric hippy syndrome where you shy away from money and ultimately suffer because of it and thus have even less time for your practice. As much control as we have over our mind and emotions we must have control over finances so it doesn't master and control you.

Feel free to listen to the podcast and give your opinion.

-My 2 cents,Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 2

This is good stuff and I would recommend Jason Miller to anyone interested in practical magick.

I came across him a while ago via the GLF (Gnostic Liberation Front) website.

Miller's also ( or was, a liberal catholic bishop consecrated in the theosophist succession), there has been some good work out of that area some of it published within the academy, one of their women Bishops is a celebrated don.

Would be interested in hearing from any bums who have had a go at this and made it work. I've held off buying the book so far mainly due to laziness plus a backlog of reading but feom what I have tracked down Miller might be drawing some affirmation work from the 'prosperity Gospel ( God wants you rich 'school' an interview with him on the GLF is, to my old ears; a little resonant of Kenneth Copeland and that crew from the 80s).

http://www.gnosticliberationfront.com/index.htm

Super posting Oldgreen, thank you...and I do hope that we can have more of the same, if we can get stuff like this on the forum, have a go at it collectively and see what works.......

I have read Jason Miller. I think he is good. His money magic ideas seem to me to be solid also.

What's that monkey paw and three wishes story?

Indeed, anything can be mis-used. When working any kind of magic I think it is important to approach things from a cosmological perspective. Is the work I am doing in harmony with my microcosm and the macrcosm as a whole? If it isn't then you shouldn't do it.....end of story.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Reading through that book, the above did come to mind. But I liked his suggestions for considering one's 'set point' regards money. More 'Know thyself' stuff. I did wonder about using his suggestions for sigils. Old Green, you're a magic person, do sigils belong to anyone?

One of the things that I enjoyed about his perspective is that he says if you don't plan on being a nun, monk or a wandering yogi then you need to take care of your finances.....not only take care of your finances....but you must master your finances so that you can construct you life in harmony with your spiritual practices and not have the esoteric hippy syndrome where you shy away from money and ultimately suffer because of it and thus have even less time for your practice. As much control as we have over our mind and emotions we must have control over finances so it doesn't master and control you.

Excellent.

Reading through that book, the above did come to mind. But I liked his suggestions for considering one's 'set point' regards money. More 'Know thyself' stuff. I did wonder about using his suggestions for sigils. Old Green, you're a magic person, do sigils belong to anyone?

Actually i don't really practice any serious kind of magic (read a lot more than anything). I am just beginning to understand it and learn the principles behind it. However, based on what i have read and heard from others is that you can use other peoples sigil's successfully........but if you plan to go into magic in any big way and establish a personal practice one should eventually find there own sigils through inner journeying and making inner contacts. But that's just my amateur perspective.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 1

Actually i don't really practice any serious kind of magic (read a lot more than anything). I am just beginning to understand it and learn the principles behind it. However, based on what i have read and heard from others is that you can use other peoples sigil's successfully........but if you plan to go into magic in any big way and establish a personal practice one should eventually find there own sigils through inner journeying and making inner contacts. But that's just my amateur perspective.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Sounds about right:-) Thanks Old Green. In keeping with the spirit of the book, I wouldn't use someone else's logo for my thing:-)

I recommend this book quite heartily, but it made me wonder about all the (maybe) weird sh*t people do even more. For instance, should I now worry about my evil cutthroat ex business partners using 'bend over' oil on me? Well, I'll say very likely likely they had a form of it and I was too busy being nice to notice I was getting shafted. Ah well:-)

I work magic for money for folks on a very regular basis. In other words, I need good results. I have found that money incense works the best by far, and I mean over and above all else. Really. I know it seems so simple, but aside from a mojo made the right way (not the shit you find online), it is the only 100% (so far) guaranteed thing.

I work magic for money for folks on a very regular basis. In other words, I need good results. I have found that money incense works the best by far, and I mean over and above all else. Really. I know it seems so simple, but aside from a mojo made the right way (not the shit you find online), it is the only 100% (so far) guaranteed thing.

Is this the opposite of money going up in smoke?

• Like 1

. . . it made me wonder about all the (maybe) weird sh*t people do even more. For instance, should I now worry about my evil cutthroat ex business partners using 'bend over' oil on me? Well, I'll say very likely likely they had a form of it and I was too busy being nice to notice I was getting shafted. Ah well:-)

should I now worry about my evil cutthroat ex business partners using 'bend over' oil on me?: You probably should have been worried from the beginning. These days there is far too much magical and other knowledge running around for people to simply ignore the possibility. Bend Over oil is highly effective, there are other oils that can be used, but such forcing is seldom necessary, unfortunately many people attracted to business are also attracted to control and think that without some form of 'controlling' oil or powder they won't get what they want. BaquaKicksAss is correct:

The only thing I would add to it is that you can never go wrong with uncrossing money situations first, sometimes that is enough to start the flow, but if one doesn't uncross first, or do a combined operation, then prosperity magic by itself may not be successful, or lead to unsatisfactory results. The uncrossing can help to get rid of the negative feelings that many people have about money and which often sabatage success.

As a simple historical note, the magical author to first really emphasis getting money matters straight as a part of ones practice wrote under the name of Ophiel in the 1960s and early 70s. His books, though oddly written, actually contain some profound insights and are still of value.

Also one of the reasons why I came to like Confucianism is because of its good balance between spiritual realization and worldly success.

• Like 3

Duh, can't beleive I forgot the uncrossing mention. Yes most definitely, have to uncross first, most especially if one has been worrying about money (that creates the worst energy ever). Aura repair baths are good too :).

The bendover oil question... actually I have noticed some business people also just have this ability naturally... they don't even know it really (on a conscious level). Other people have a natural glamour, ad so forth. There are also boss fix recipes/roots...

I have 2 of Jason Millers books (including the financial sorcery one), and I have taken his year-long strategic sorcery course. The guy absolutely knows what he is talking about. His background is quite deep, in terms of both study and practice. He has a depth of familiarity with many different traditions and he does a great job of synthesizing them: not in a way that makes a mish-mash of them, but rather a view that sees the basic patterns in magical practice, the strengths and weaknesses of various traditions, and is able to put together a full-spectrum magical approach that can be carried into any domain or symbol-set/tradition. His year-long course is the place where he really lays all this out. I recommend it highly. I took it a number of years ago, and I think the price has gone up somewhat since then, but I still think it is very worthwhile. If you are interested in magical practice, then you will easily spend many times that much money (not to mention time) getting various books that will only give you one tiny nugget of the over-all picture that Miller provides. He really provides the best foundation that I have come across.

I bought the financial book after i took the course, and it seemed to be just a pale rehash of his basic ideas applied to money issues, maybe with a few particular techniques thrown in. While I basically agree with his position that as a householder I should learn to take control of my money issues, I also feel like he has strayed a little too far into materialism. I just have the sense that he has sold-out a little bit. Its not for me to judge really: its his path, but I get that sense. Also I dont like his politics, but that is mostly irrelevant to the value of the techniques he offers.

I have 2 of Jason Millers books (including the financial sorcery one), and I have taken his year-long strategic sorcery course. The guy absolutely knows what he is talking about. His background is quite deep, in terms of both study and practice. He has a depth of familiarity with many different traditions and he does a great job of synthesizing them: not in a way that makes a mish-mash of them, but rather a view that sees the basic patterns in magical practice, the strengths and weaknesses of various traditions, and is able to put together a full-spectrum magical approach that can be carried into any domain or symbol-set/tradition.

I am currently reading Strategic Sorcery. The book is phenomenal, he does really know how to lay it out in plain English like no other author I've read. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Sign in to follow this