Raio

Hi all =)

Tag, Raio. Welcome!

I know exactly what you mean about looking for "the right teacher." It's frustrating to have a sense of what you want in a practice and a teacher, yet be unable to find it.

My (completely subjective, far-from-expert) sense is that you're right that actively searching for a teacher is a much better strategy than "hoping" one will appear before you. But I think that what matters most is the quality of the activity. You may not yet have found a teacher to learn from, but are you doing what you can where you are? After all, qi is available to everyone, all the time. You might try practicing standing meditation--a wonderful practice that's easy to begin without a teacher. After awhile, your practice will help you see that qi itself is the teacher. And once that happens, you've created a context for meeting and working with a human teacher to help you deepen that sense.

I hope this helps. You English is very good, by the way.

Welcome to taobums! If you search or pm Sean Denty SeanD you can get more info on the type of training you are referring to. It sounds like it's possible to pursue that sort of path, actually, and SeanD can put you in touch with his teacher.

Raio, it looks like Yoda's recommended an excellent resource for you. I hope you'll post more in the future to let us know how you do with SeanD's teacher.