Sign in to follow this  
adept

Cultivating The Empty Field

http://www.amazon.co...56646925&sr=1-1

For anyone with an interest in nondual objectless meditation, from any tradition, this book is awesome. Dogen based his 'just sitting' shikantaza from the teachings of Ch'an master Hongzhi Zhengjue who belonged to the Caodong lineage. Soto zen has it's roots firmly in this.

This book deals with the practical instructions for anyone wishing to 'reveal their true nature'.

The book is split into paragraphs of wisdom. Depending on the practitioner's level of insight, some of these may prove difficult while others are beautifully simple.

For such a thin text, this book has more wisdom in it than many other voluminous works.

I would recommend this to anyone walking the path, whether Daoist or Buddhist, it really doesn't matter. Traditions and sects are transcended and all that remains is your 'original face'.

These practices are equally applied either sitting zazen, or going about everyday activities.

'This marvel cannot be measured with consciousness or emotion. On the journey accept your function, in your house please sustain it. Comprehending birth and death, leaving causes and conditions, genuinely realize that from the outset your spirit is not halted. So we have been told that the mind that embraces all the ten directions does not stop anywhere.'

'Like clouds finally raining, like moonlight following the current, like orchids growing in shade, like spring arising in everything, people of the Way act without mind, they respond with certainty.'

Edited by adept
  • Like 1

I found it in our city library in 1993 or so.

Hands naturally open, take the forward step.❤

These are direct instructions.

Certainly there is much in the way of the five ranks, but even more so, for those who do act without mind, there are direct instructions for applying the living void in the aftermath of realization.

This was probably my first real tête a tête with the full force of cao dong Chan.

Sign in to follow this