Sign in to follow this  
sanbaowellness

Ni Hao!

Hello, from David. I came by your forum on google. I like the title - very humble in a classic way... it reminds me of "La Ta" or Zhang San Feng.

I'm a Tuina therapist and a Qigong instructor under Master Yun Xiang Tseng, 14th generation WuDang Zhang San Feng lineage and a 25th generation Longman Taoist Priest. I'm not online often, but look forward to connecting with others of similar interests. Congrats on this forum. It looks great.

Hi David,

What is Tuina therapy? I've never heard of it. Also are there any unusual practices that Master Tseng does?

I'll probably post this on the main discussion site, but what makes a lineage? Are they essentially family practices traditions that survive the test of time?

Okay enough with the questions :) Glad to have you here.

Michael

Hi David,

What is Tuina therapy? I've never heard of it. Also are there any unusual practices that Master Tseng does?

I'll probably post this on the main discussion site, but what makes a lineage? Are they essentially family practices traditions that survive the test of time?

Okay enough with the questions :) Glad to have you here.

Michael

First, Tuina is a form of Chinese medical massage, or sports massage. It's like acupuncture without the needles. It's a wholistic sense, it's a combination of acupressure, specialized massage techniques, some energy work (wai qi zhi liao), and associated qigong exercises.

Wudang is a Daoist Temple, not a family art. There are different lineages or sects of priests within Wudang, and a priest can train in more than one. I dare not try to explain it much further than that for now, but will get back to you when the analogy comes to me and/or I verify the proper definition through the source. :)

San Feng is origin of Taiji Quan. Around the Yun Dynasty. It was passed down within the temple until about the 3rd generation, where it was then taught to Wang Zhong Yue, a non-priest... and so on... until a much different form reached the Chen, Yang, Wu and other families. Etc, etc.

Cool. Thanks for taking the time to answer. I am impressed with the depth of your knowledge and your ability to condense it so well.

Michael

Yo peep. I'm the GrandPooba of Absolute Endless Insight of the gazillionth generation of the Surf Chiefs of Ultimate Knowledge of Whatness of the Universe :). Actually I'm 0th generation me of the xenolithic lineage. Sorry dude, but I find infinite amusement in the claiming of knowledge of whatever by virtue of "lineages" or by anything else other than experience. All knowledge is available through experience within this thing called life my friend.

So...what have you experienced in Life? And what knowledge has it conveyed to you.

And of course, welcome to the TaoBums!

Love.

xeno

Welcome! I believe the Longmen sect is the same school Ken Cohen was ordained a priest in. He studied with a Longmen sect Taoist Abbot Dr. K.S Wong. Interested to hear anything you have to say.

Sign in to follow this