Sign in to follow this  
redfarmer

New from Louisville area

Hi, all! My name is Chris. I'm in my early thirties and a ministerial candidate with the Unitarian Universalists and a practicing Zen Buddhist. I've recently become interested in expanding my breadth of eastern philosophy/religion into Taoism, and love what I have found, so much so that I'm planning on getting back into tai chi (I was a practitioner with the Taoist Tai Chi Society for a short time but I found their teaching methods extremely hard for beginners and I've read they don't practice a traditional tai chi style).

I look forward to discussions here! I would love to find a Taoist teacher but the genuine thing seems to be few and far between in the western world. I commute frequently between Chicago, so if anyone is aware of anything there, please be sure to let me know as well!

Welcome!

This web site has helped me tremendously, very helpful people here.

I too reside in KY. On the TN border in Clinton County. Got started in Ng Family as a youngster and am now playing baguazhang which brought me here! The more I learn about Taoism the more the Baguazhang makes sense. lol

Welcome to the forum! There are plenty of teachers here, a goodly smorgasboard of philosophies and ideas.

Some of us are learning, too :)

Sign in to follow this