Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

coincidence/synchroneity

Is there an explanation pertaining to coincidence and synchroneities within the teachings of taoism?

I guess that because every entity in the universe is somehow connected there is an explanation but when I encounter situations in my life that are so coincedential that I can't explain them I really wish I could understand what is really happening.

Here is a situation that I have struggled to explain: Every time I am with my girlfriend a cat of some sort approaches us. It will usually brush up against are legs or hop on our laps. It is so consistent that it is frightening. And the cat is almost always different.

I am having trouble articulating myself at the moment and im just hoping to get your opinions on the phenomenon we call coincedence.

thanks everyone!

Is there an explanation pertaining to coincidence and synchroneities within the teachings of taoism?

I guess that because every entity in the universe is somehow connected there is an explanation but when I encounter situations in my life that are so coincedential that I can't explain them I really wish I could understand what is really happening.

Here is a situation that I have struggled to explain: Every time I am with my girlfriend a cat of some sort approaches us. It will usually brush up against are legs or hop on our laps. It is so consistent that it is frightening. And the cat is almost always different.

I am having trouble articulating myself at the moment and im just hoping to get your opinions on the phenomenon we call coincedence.

thanks everyone!

rainbow,

I can't speak for Taoism generally, but in my life, I've come to understand that synchronicities are one way something higher communictes with us. But one needs to have an open, attentive mind in order to pick up the messages, and the messages aren't always pleasing.

The way I've seen it work is that a topic, or a saying, or something along those lines will be repeated through different people, books, media, etc. within a short period of time. A particular message will be repeated until you learn something from it.

I think people are "spoken" to all the time but don't listen to the message. I've heard that people who don't pick up on subtle messages get bolder and bolder ones.

Hey there

Coincidence/synchronicity - it is something I am always subject to and I don't always know what it means.

For instance, I have a "friend" and lately, I have seen/heard his name everywhere for WEEKS. Eventually I had to send him an email (we had argued but I didn't want him to feel badly any longer) and since then the occurence has lessened. So maybe I hit the nail on the head with my message to him. There are also a couple of songs on the radio that I relate to him that I have been hearing quite a lot lately, too. Hopefully these will lessen as I am ready to move my life away from his :mellow:

I get strong "de ja vu" sensations, too. These generally just warn me to keep my eyes open...an event or piece of information that is important is going to come my way.

Whether either of the above are particularly "taoist" occurence is hard to say. I suspect that anyone of a slightly spiritual/intuitive bent could access these occurences.

Leidee

Sign in to follow this