Truth Seeker

New guy checking in

I'm actually not a big fan of online forums because I find it a sad reflection of human weakness when conversations devolve into anonymous insults, weak reasoning and bragging. Rudeness is intolerable, and it grows like an unstoppable virus in online communication. Now and then I'll read someone on here who is truly polite, thoughtful and intelligent, and it gives me a sense of relief. We take the good with the bad, I guess, and online forums are the only way to crowd-source information quickly.

As a quick introduction, I'm a taijichuan practitioner and I have a meditation practice. They've led to a steady increase in qi, which is a wonderful feeling, as well as an adventure all its own. I've read quite a few books on Taoism and inner cultivation, and I'm always interested to hear of the paths that others have taken in cultivating their energy, and where it has led.

Merry Christmas to all, and best wishes for a healthy, fulfuilling practice.

• Like 3

Hi practitioner ! I'm not a big fan too not because of insults but because of what I learned of humanity I can't trust words only and even less people's words :D. So my presence here is very limited when it comes to share of feelings, stories, etc.

Nonetheless since few days I picked up a lot of interesting informations and... I would ask you what you mean by "a steady increase in qi, which is a wonderful feeling, as well as an adventure all its own."

You could start a topic if you please : )

Edited by Guest

Sure. I practice the Yang long form, not the short 24 form, and it takes about 20 minutes to do the set at my chosen speed (plus I do some qigong beforehand). That's enough time for the energy to ramp up. By about halfway through the set, I feel the qi circulate and permeate like a light energetic shield. My body becomes more relaxed yet alive, precise and even more flexible. There is probably some chemical involvement, perhaps endorphins being released, but the sensation is distinctly different from anything I've felt in exercise or other purely physical activities. When I meditate and focus on collecting energy, I get a similar sensation. Key components are relaxation, a quiet mind, and emptiness - just following the Taoist teachings of being an open, clean slate, and then letting the energy come in without trying to impatiently force anything. Another key component is periods of abstinence for about 1-2 weeks. As commonly known, creation of jing takes a lot of qi. So by combining abstinence, meditation, and qigong/taijichuan, it's a fairly simple recipe for build-up of qi in the body. Some amount of qi circulation remains at all times. Literally, I feel this light energy flowing throughout my body constantly and it's very pleasant. At night as I'm about to drift off to sleep, it gets very strong in my torso and especially my legs, very much like an electric current, and once or twice has actually become uncomfortably intense and made it difficult to fall asleep. So it's an interesting journey.

• Like 1