forestofemptiness

2012: The End of the World

One time UFOs were playing over the Tor and everybody's torches (flashlights) went out, all at the same time. That was back in mechanical film camera days , I was there and there are photos.

No idea what they are but THAT they are is definite as I have seen with the self same peepers I am using to see to type this.

My two cents--I still think that Calleman was correct, and the end of the Long Count happened in October, 2011. Ever since then the quality of time has had a peculiar expansive calm quality for me. I think the recent solstice just signified that subtle completion has gone public. In particular I think that the Western zodiac has had four stages of completion. First, Eris was discovered in 2005. Then Ceres was reinstated as a planet, Eris was officially accepted as a planet, and Pluto had its status altered.

Mars-Aries

Venus-Taurus

Mercury-Gemini

Moon-Cancer

Sun-Leo

Ceres-Virgo

Eris-Libra

Pluto/Charon-Scorpio

Jupiter-Sagittarius

Saturn-Capricorn

Uranus-Aquarius

Neptune-Pisces

This official completion of the zodiac happened in 2006, by the IAU (inadvertently, as always). But it's taken a few years for the planetary rulerships to shift. Venus no longer co-rules Taurus and Libra, she rules Taurus alone. Mercury no longer co-rules Gemini and Virgo, he rules Gemini alone.

The shift of Ceres ruling Virgo hasn't been too earth-changing. People are waking up to good stewardship of the earth, and in particular the importance of eating local, organic, fresh food to improve health. Permaculture, attention to diet, a genuine understanding of healthful living and an avoidance of the artificial (goodbye, Twinkies!) are all gaining their rightful place. And it is a sea change when young people avidly choose farming careers. Still, we have seen this before, back when Ceres was originally discovered. With Mercury letting go of Virgo, hopefully the neurotic quality of such a quick-moving planet in an earth sign will vanish, and Virgos will be the farmers and healers of the future, rather than the neurotic hyper-organizers of the past.

The big change, the really big change is Eris. The influence of Eris has been felt even before she was discovered in 2005, but didn't really come to fruition until October, 2011, the end of the Long Count. And now, here at the end of 2012, the hidden is made manifest. There truly is an Epiphany!

Pluto has always chased after Venus, the old Persephone legend. This dynamic has been broken, first with Pluto's twin planet Charon (hello gay marriage) being accepted as a dwarf planet in its own right, and also with the discovery of Eris, Pluto's true partner/adversary. Pluto is the planet of darkness, of corporations. Eris is the planet of light, of Occupy. Everyone's Eris is conjuncting, so people with strong Eris in their charts are able to act as one, like the Borg. They also see what is hidden. Eris is the planet of the wizard, of farseeing, of seeing the future. Eris is the planet of Occupy, of the Arab Spring, of Anonymous. Eris is the planet of balance through discord. Peaceful revolution, public scrutiny, acting as one. Things are now self-evident, and the big corporations and their minions are shocked to find out they can no longer fool the people easily. There will always be some, especially among older people, who will not feel this change. But the majority of people, I think, can now see for themselves the truth of many things.

There is still a lot of work to do. People were wrong to say that 2012 would be some spectacular outward display. I think that the change is complete, it did happen. But it happened inside people, so it will take some time for this change to bear fruit in the public realm.

There still needs to be a Scouring of the Shire, that's for certain. And we have to hustle to combat global warming, it might be too late. But I do think that human civilization has turned a corner, and things will never be the same.

There is still a lot of work to do. People were wrong to say that 2012 would be some spectacular outward display. I think that the change is complete, it did happen. But it happened inside people, so it will take some time for this change to bear fruit in the public realm.

There still needs to be a Scouring of the Shire, that's for certain. And we have to hustle to combat global warming, it might be too late. But I do think that human civilization has turned a corner, and things will never be the same.

I always enjoy hearing the words of an optimist.

Good call on Eris as an influencer away from the material and towards the spiritual-altruistic Witch.

The Bristol astrologist gives a good example of Eris in action with a look at the horoscope of Bill Gates, the man who made his name as the force behind Microsoft Software.

"Gates' development of Microsoft is illustrative of single-mindedeness and high attainment. Perhaps, he has experienced a conflict between the desires of the personality and the pursuit of an inner call in that he now gives very extensively to charities of various kinds including his own Bill Gates Foundation, (worth $30 billion). Its objective is to assist in ending poverty, providing much better education and tackling global health problems".

Good call on Eris as an influencer away from the material and towards the spiritual-altruistic Witch.

The Bristol astrologist gives a good example of Eris in action with a look at the horoscope of Bill Gates, the man who made his name as the force behind Microsoft Software.

"Gates' development of Microsoft is illustrative of single-mindedeness and high attainment. Perhaps, he has experienced a conflict between the desires of the personality and the pursuit of an inner call in that he now gives very extensively to charities of various kinds including his own Bill Gates Foundation, (worth $30 billion). Its objective is to assist in ending poverty, providing much better education and tackling global health problems".

If only he put that energy into developing a decent operating system (only joking).

• Like 1

' The Mexican Apocalypse'

Nah....

Nobody would have taken that seriously.

Mayan Apocalypse though,

.....that has a spooky mystical ring to it.

I use Mr. Apple's patented iPad instrument here at home, it serves me well.

At work Mr. Gates holds sway and his system is forever crashing.

Bill Gates has Eris prominent in his chart? Very interesting. People I know of with Eris prominent are Arianna Huffington, Al Gore and Stephen Colbert. And me! :D It is very pronounced in my chart, in my first house and my only fire planet, so a singleton. All of us including me had a brief burst of fame/notoriety at the time of Eris's discovery/acceptance, which is the usual when a new planet is discovered.

To finally have a true cardinal planet in Air means that there will be direction and focus in the realms of science and the Internet and knowledge in general. It is a light shining in the darkness. Also it rules seventh house things, the realm of the Other as opposed to the Self. Caring for others, one other in particular. It is the house of partnerships, marriage and enemies.

Hilarious! hahahahahahhaha

It would have been quite amusing if someone did just start doing spooky things in the end of december last year. hahahahaha

2012-12-22.gif

And we have to hustle to combat global warming, it might be too late. But I do think that human civilization has turned a corner, and things will never be the same.

I have to agree on the very last point...and I still dont really get the house of anything descriptions - although I did come across a great planetary interaction theory that explains solar cycles (and by extension, changes on the earth) with planetary conjunctions or oppositions being well correlated to unexplained periodicities in the sun's behavior. its one of the threads at the solarcycle24 forum.

that's still not going to make CO2 be anything but a pithy third order forcing - and it was even admitted (basically, without saying so) in the IPCC's latest dump, #5, where they admitted I was right all along - early on they gave far too much weight to aerosol forcing, misunderstood CFC creation in the upper atmosphere, and simply assumed it was us outgassing it all, way up there, despite the heaviness of the molecule or the natural creation mechanism. and of course when the 70s cold waned, they kept their bad aerosol coefficient and invented a weighty coefficient for CO2 - so there is right where many of the models are broken and why the models basically NEVER make good predictions, the further out in time you go, the more wild the divergences and claims of disaster!

placed next to water vapor, CO2 is *nothing*. for a simple example, examine the diurnal temperature range for the sahara vs the diurnal range for the tropical jungles - 90 or so degrees for sahara, mid twenties for somewhere well insulated by the biggest by orders of magnitude, water vapor. it gets cold as hell at night in the desert because there's no water vapor - and hey, the CO2 concentration keeps going up and we're not seeing temperatures behave in the least - although we are seeing the jet stream do wacky things since that sunspot funk of 2009-2010.

the proper insulation curve for CO2 still cant even be picked out correctly amidst the noise - its that small. :)