Sign in to follow this  
resolution

Practice for beginners

Found this site this morning and drawn to...

I read a little about taoism in the pre-internet age, now in a complicated place in my life and very tense about a lot of issues.

Can anyone suggest simple steps to take towards calming rituals, habit and exercise. Can't make radical changes in my life all at once, but feel need to purifty and centre and calm myself.

thanks,

P

You could take some time out and meditate for half and hour each day ... or learn a few basic qi gong exercises.

Suggest you ask in General Discussion ... you'll get lots of suggestions.

+1 on 8 strands. Even doing one excercise is beneficial, and not much of a radical change .. you can ease into longer sets later, if it is to your liking.

8 Strands of Brocade is like 'qigong 101': safe, easy, provides reasonable results for the effort. Take you 10 minutes(?) a day. Lots of books, youtube videos, etc. Good place to start.

Another is Zhan Zhuang Standing - which you can start out doing 5 or 10 minutes a day. Here is a set of youtube videos how to do it by Lam Kam Chuen filmed by the BBC(?) - start with 'day 1' - Stand Still, Be Fit

Smudging with sage, above head to below feet, hands, face, back, etc. Did that today before going into the storm of Christmas shoppers. Thank the four directions, the Heavens, the Earth, and the Creator, for the good in life at the end. This can also help to protect you from negative energies, and thus even bring a little light to those who can't see it in the midst of darkness.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Sign in to follow this