Eternal_Student

Winter Q and A with Chinese Doctor! My Gift to TaoBums for Christmas!

What about tinnitus, my friend? I've had it forever, but it's getting so loud it's ridiculous. Physical cause was probably repeated exposure to shooting ranges years ago - but is there a spiritual component to this as well, in your estimation?

Tinnitus develops from two organs specifically. The liver and kidneys. If the adrenal system pushes the body to work harder and more intensly, it burns out the "oil" of the body in these two organs first. What does an old engine sound like? Louder.

So the energy that is normally trapped in the organs for typical metabolism, fails to be secured by the blood/yin/physical mass of the organ, and it rises upward into the side of the head and causes ringing. Obviously trauma can cause and injury as well to the actual ear drum mechanism. I had a guy at the range fire off a Desert Eagle next to me and I had forgot my usual "ears" and used the plastic plug ins. I still ring on that side if I'm done shooting. Try -You gui Yin, or Da bu yin Wan-

Making the body stronger is like forging metal into a sword. Yes you need muscle to be able to move and resist gravity. Without the ability to resist gravity you are worthless. So building muscle and tendon is the hardening stage of the metallurgy, dipping the sword in water. Being able to work out energetic and physical obstructions, as they are usually one in the same, is done through tendon/muscle changing qi gong to soften the channels. That is when you reheat the metal and make it malleable and work out the imperfections with a hammer. Blood is the mother of qi and qi is the father of blood. If there is no circulation to the area, the energy cannot move through either.

Good questions.

• Like 1

tinnitus:

High pitch: Kidneys

Low pitch: Liver

Alternative: structural or damage to ear. Or jaw stress which seeps it's way into the inner ear.

• Like 2

There seem to be a lot of folks all over the world experiencing ringing in the ears lately. I wonder if all of these occurrences are clinical tinnitus, or if there is another reason - brain interpreting awareness of something else as a sound, for lack of appropriate sensory organs, for example.

I expereince synesthesisa, for example .. hearing light, and feeling sound, and tasting colors occasionally, which is a nifty party trick when I'm in the mood for it.

Edited by ShenLung

Sounds like you are an Oscillator, Shen. That means the brain conduction is crossed. You probably have bilateral tendencies and ambidextrous capabilities. It means your dominance is cross wired and doesnt always flow in the proper pattern. At some point, you probably did a lot of "hot" meditations which caused ascending yang chi to fry the circuits a little. Or this was inherited. Either way, sounds fun...

Tone in the ears is not quite as simple as pitch. Although generally that can apply, but its high or low, frequent or intermittent, one ear or both, closed feeling or open, background or constant, rest or activity and with certain foods or not. It gets very complex. There are six more questions, but its a minutia type variable. No need to get too focused on one small point. Just a diagnostic tool unless its debilitating.

The ringing that people are hearing is associated with many different things. Never before in history have we had so many signals running through the environment. Trees are dying from wi fi, temporal lobes are vibrating with induced patterns, towers are heating up children's yangming channels... Its quite an effect. There is a reason autism and communication disorders are growing, there is so much frequency and energetic interference occurring that our DNA doesn't know what to do with it. There is also the extra energy released from the sun and the higher friction coefficient that the heliosphere is experiencing in this section of the solar system. We are definitely getting juiced. Its part of the reason people are having intense emotional breakdowns. I know they have always occurred, but not at this frequency of events.

Its a deep rabbit hole, and quite a different direction that I intended to discuss.

• Like 2

Sounds like you are an Oscillator, Shen. That means the brain conduction is crossed. You probably have bilateral tendencies and ambidextrous capabilities. It means your dominance is cross wired and doesnt always flow in the proper pattern. At some point, you probably did a lot of "hot" meditations which caused ascending yang chi to fry the circuits a little. Or this was inherited. Either way, sounds fun...

Tone in the ears is not quite as simple as pitch. Although generally that can apply, but its high or low, frequent or intermittent, one ear or both, closed feeling or open, background or constant, rest or activity and with certain foods or not. It gets very complex. There are six more questions, but its a minutia type variable. No need to get too focused on one small point. Just a diagnostic tool unless its debilitating.

The ringing that people are hearing is associated with many different things. Never before in history have we had so many signals running through the environment. Trees are dying from wi fi, temporal lobes are vibrating with induced patterns, towers are heating up children's yangming channels... Its quite an effect. There is a reason autism and communication disorders are growing, there is so much frequency and energetic interference occurring that our DNA doesn't know what to do with it. There is also the extra energy released from the sun and the higher friction coefficient that the heliosphere is experiencing in this section of the solar system. We are definitely getting juiced. Its part of the reason people are having intense emotional breakdowns. I know they have always occurred, but not at this frequency of events.

Its a deep rabbit hole, and quite a different direction that I intended to discuss.

Nice post... and I threw the 'pitch' out there in brevity to suggest in my own tongue-in-cheek way that simple answers are not going to answer what is a complex question. I have tinnitus and can test the pitch (press lower jaw against palm with resistance and pitch will sing another tune).

I am more inclined to look at the environmental influences and structural causes.

I am a Yin Water Rabbit... so the rabbit hole is my home... Best !

Happy Holidays to all practicing Taoists! I am back and I'm happy to offer some free discussions regarding TCM, qi gong, tai chi and meditation. Quick Bio, for the new round of people.

First TCM apprenticeship started in 1997. Martial arts since 5th grade including extreme proficiency in Yoshinkan Aikido, Taijitsu, Internal arts. TCM doctorate and licesnsed acupuncturist in 2 states. Taught TCM at Master's level in Boulder Colorado for 5 years. Permission to teach Tai Chi in 2001. Yang/Chen base with loads of tui shao around the country, currently adapting Tai chi to American style. Teachers are original founders of NQA, direct study under Dr Glenn Morris. Direct lineage to Mantak Chia through original 13 American students from 1980's. Ive been around and would love to share. I believe in Karma and every winter I like to discuss traning when I'm toning things to a slow simmer for the hibernation. My patient load is still high, around 30 a week, I just relax my training a little, not good for the kidneys!

Pick a topic and let's see where we go from there! :D

That's really cool! If you'd please: Do you feel that distant chi transmission is a useful tool in helping a beginner? I'm a beginner, and I would like to only speed my training if it is safe and effective. I've noticed that the energy moves best when relaxed and when the positive emotes are running. Even had my belt meridian start up during a short run becuase I was doing my Secret Smile and thinking/feeling about my dantien. Though I've hit several very stressful moments in my life, and am curious about transmission becuase i'd like to get back on track - I do also worry about getting an overpriced or ineffective transmission if I were to ever pursue it, though.

Other than my long question above, i'd like to hear a story that you conisder interesting, in relation to cultivation or qi gong training. :D

Thank you Eternal_student for your time.

I have sinus problem. My right nose is alwasy blocked, especially at night, sometimes bleeding. The mucus is think white.

I'm relatively healthy. I work out twice a week. practice Qi gong almost daily. My diet is rice, vegetables and lean meat (2:3:1)

I've seen doctors before without success. Should I see a TCM doctor?

Is there any herbs or treatment you recommand?

Thanks again.

;)

tinnitus:

Alternative: structural or damage to ear. Or jaw stress which seeps it's way into the inner ear.

Nice post... and I threw the 'pitch' out there in brevity to suggest in my own tongue-in-cheek way that simple answers are not going to answer what is a complex question. I have tinnitus and can test the pitch (press lower jaw against palm with resistance and pitch will sing another tune).

hah, did the same! that's odd. for most frequencies I can simply make a sword finger, point it at the sky close to my head, then use intention to attenuate as I move the sword finger right to left in front of my face. higher frequencies seem to be tougher to attenuate. I just touched my jaw with the same energy-intent and it fed back into some other interactively resonant frequency. (of course, I listened intently first to see if I could identify a frequency to begin with, since my ear wasnt ringing at first.) I used to be on swim team as a kid and went outside with a wet head and no hat too many times and would up with some vicious otits media.

Thanks for the link to the article. I read. Unlike others of this age. Example that I found rather interesting in subtext.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2872305/

Does anyone need a qi emission to "reach the next level"?

Loaded question. Assumes many things. For example, that you are separate from anyone. That they have an ability that you do not. That there is anything to achieve in this world. There is a right and a wrong answer to this question. :D

What is qi to you? Qi is a mistranslated and misinterpreted word. Do you have more of a thermal pocket that you emit from your body than another person? Could that mean your enlightened or have a fever? Work with the healthy tissues and develop loads of efficient nervous system transmissions through your body. Increase your coordination. These two acts alone develop zhong qi and ting qi. Righteous qi and sensitivity qi. These are true to life.

Don't get overly focused on any one of the Siddah' characteristics or powers. These things are traps. When you constantly look for an ability rather than a mindset, you are already done. I fell into this same trap for years. If I wasn't zapping people from across the room with qi, then I wasn't reaching the next level. Its an illusion and a test. Powers require huge energy differentials which eventually move in both directions. All sun's will eventually die as well for their huge combustion rate cannot be sustained forever.

Can it help to have a certain "educated" frequency get merged into your programming level, yes. When I was a true empty student 20 years ago, I attracted tons of teachers who were "full" with what I wanted to learn. I met some big ones too. Now? No longer. The universe sends me people who are "empty" to learn, and its my turn to do the filling so to speak. That's how I know where I am in my training. Can I zap people with qi, yes. Do I want to? No. Its a waste of my energy. It means nothing as to my spiritual level, its only a skill, like hammering nails. Reserved for acupuncture treatments...

At any point in time, and from any place on this planet, you can find the exact frequency that you desire. We are all "transmitting" with our DNA at every second of the day. The true test, is how quiet is your mind? When you are really, really quiet and have good control over your ego in your dantien, then the signal will find you. And then, maybe you will learn to transmit once you have enough differential stored in your individual transmitter. But every one of these posts that I have left for the world to see, is a teaching. That has an "emission" stored inside of it. :D

As for a story? Hmm. I'd need a cup of tea and a meeting. I don't share my good ones with the uninitiated in the dojo. :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the link to the article. I read. Unlike others of this age. Example that I found rather interesting in subtext.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2872305/

Does anyone need a qi emission to "reach the next level"?

Loaded question. Assumes many things. For example, that you are separate from anyone. That they have an ability that you do not. That there is anything to achieve in this world. There is a right and a wrong answer to this question. :D

What is qi to you? Qi is a mistranslated and misinterpreted word. Do you have more of a thermal pocket that you emit from your body than another person? Could that mean your enlightened or have a fever? Work with the healthy tissues and develop loads of efficient nervous system transmissions through your body. Increase your coordination. These two acts alone develop zhong qi and ting qi. Righteous qi and sensitivity qi. These are true to life.

Don't get overly focused on any one of the Siddah' characteristics or powers. These things are traps. When you constantly look for an ability rather than a mindset, you are already done. I fell into this same trap for years. If I wasn't zapping people from across the room with qi, then I wasn't reaching the next level. Its an illusion and a test. Powers require huge energy differentials which eventually move in both directions. All sun's will eventually die as well for their huge combustion rate cannot be sustained forever.

Can it help to have a certain "educated" frequency get merged into your programming level, yes. When I was a true empty student 20 years ago, I attracted tons of teachers who were "full" with what I wanted to learn. I met some big ones too. Now? No longer. The universe sends me people who are "empty" to learn, and its my turn to do the filling so to speak. That's how I know where I am in my training. Can I zap people with qi, yes. Do I want to? No. Its a waste of my energy. It means nothing as to my spiritual level, its only a skill, like hammering nails. Reserved for acupuncture treatments...

At any point in time, and from any place on this planet, you can find the exact frequency that you desire. We are all "transmitting" with our DNA at every second of the day. The true test, is how quiet is your mind? When you are really, really quiet and have good control over your ego in your dantien, then the signal will find you. And then, maybe you will learn to transmit once you have enough differential stored in your individual transmitter. But every one of these posts that I have left for the world to see, is a teaching. That has an "emission" stored inside of it. :D

As for a story? Hmm. I'd need a cup of tea and a meeting. I don't share my good ones with the uninitiated in the dojo. :)

Your advice is outstanding, I love it. Thank you! If we ever meet, i'll brew and pour for you, long as your sharing interesting stories. :-)

• Like 2

Hi Eternal_Student, thanks for all your replies. Since it is after Christmas, perhaps you are done with your wonderful Christmas gift to this forum?

If you are up for more questions, what is the TCM view on Insomnia? I'm a person with a high stress work situation - 2012 has been really tough. Since business went south, 3 or 4 times a week I'm wide awake at 3:00am, unable to get back to sleep for a couple of hours. I'm in bed by 10pm, no caffeine after 3pm, no alcohol most days, no eating before bed, made sure the bedroom is dark, etc. etc. etc.

The fact that the timing is so consistent makes me wonder if it is an imbalance in one of my organs - my lungs? - and how would I find out if it is an excess or a deficiency? and how would I address that with qigong? I'm working on getting a new job ....

FWIW I do over 2 hours of qigong a day - mostly standing meditations (zhan zhuang / I Chuan) or standing in WuJi doing Outer Dissolving/Energy Gates. When I'm awake at 3am I'll often run my micro/macro orbits [ and or "the bridge & regulator" ] for an hour, or do "the six healing sounds" for an hour, or sit up in bed and do 'outer dissolving.'

Edited by Alchemistgeorge

Ah, the dreaded 3 am waking question! It's quite a common meme among people. Overall there are many different factors today that are affecting this precious time in the evening. It is the beginning of Lung time, that you are correct with and have obviously researched. The lungs receive the circadian flow of energy around that time. Which is why in China, the hardcore qi gong enthusiasts always do their personal practice at around 4 am.

Interestingly enough, there are some environmental factors such as signal amplification from, let's just say, dominating influences in our society that like to transmit at that time. Added to this, the influx of metallic salts into our atmosphere for SRM and geo-engineering practices, that have weakened the lungs of the population overall. This taxes the lung yin, or the mucous lining and hormone structures of the lungs, and lightens the Po during that time, which then is causing individuals to awake. If you are stressed, this adds another dimension to the situation. Stress heats up the Solar plexus region, in particular the Liver/GB/Adrenal axis. This added stress causes the area to run "hot". When its heated up, the excess stress must vent somewhere. And where does heat go? Up. And disturbs the Shen and the Po.

There is more even yet. Add the balance of the environment to the situation. Notice the climate lately? How is your skin this winter, or your lips for that matter? The intense heat of the summer has cooked the yin from everyone. This decreases cellular pressure and overall protective mucous barriers and allows for pathogen growth from endothermic retention of heat. And since we are still in a drought, the overall temperature of the population is still running high. Hence the amazing strength of pathogens this year. I have never, in my 12 years of laying hands on people, seen the intensity of pathogens such as during this period of time. Everybody has weakened lungs from these seasonal and technological influences.

As for your orbits, you seem to be a smattering of Wynn, Frantzis and Chia. With a little other instruction thrown in there to boot. I will add the Hindu and Wudang versions as food for thought.

There are nearly 8 channels on the back side that I have found, that can "run the orbit". The farther left you go, the more yin in nature the energy. The farther right, it tends to be more hot/yang in nature. When you close your eyes, attempt to move the orbit more towards the left inner pole of your core channels, and open the left nostril with intention. This will help cool the energy. And reverse the orbit, don't go up to stimulate the brain. Go down to reserve the qi and yang.

If you can directly access the Nadi, use the Left Nadi more than the Right. And move the orbit to inside of the core. This uses more of the fluid potential rather than the nervous system that you are attempting to soothe. Despite my overall pushing of general health and fitness to the uninitiated, there are serious particular techniques to learn through practice and inherited knowledge. And you sound as if you may be well versed in the open door technique base. :)

Edit: Suan zao Ren Tang is the classic insomnia formula for Liver blood deficiency.

Edited by Eternal_Student
  • Like 1

Thanks for your detailed answer. Now to put it into practice <smile>

FWIW I studied with Mantak Chia from 1987 thru 1995, and many of his first generation students : Gunther & Rylin, Michael Winn, Ron, etc. Summer camp at Big Indian, then Pathwork Center, so I wonder if our paths crossed.

Excellent!

Yes, I am sure we have met or been in group practice together! I didn't run into Gunther until I moved to Colorado. When I move to a new area, I invite all of the current teachers to a friendly meet and push. I ran the open push hands group in Boulder for about 3 years until I gave it over to a Chen Family Teacher. Gunther showed up and sparred a couple times, which was great. We ended up talking more than sparring since we were so eager to discuss. :)

At that open group, I had the chance to spar with Yin Style Bagua players, Gao style Bagua players, Chen, Yang family, MMA players, boxers and numerous Kung Fu teachers. Boulder is a good collection of martial artists. Philadelphia has a great collection of traditional martial artists as well. Their open push hands is still going on every other Saturday off of 2nd Street.

Sharon Smith from NY was my micro cosmic opener. She is still teaching to this day and I recently have emailed with her. Its great to see the Tao endure as its been 15 years since I attended her seminar.

I lived in San Fran for a while as well. I was prospecting at Five Braches for my degree, but ended up at Southwest. Amazing internal community in San Fran, especially the old school guys. Roger is a good friend and teacher in Cali as well.

Great to make the connection... :D

Ah, the dreaded 3 am waking question! It's quite a common meme among people. Overall there are many different factors today...

Woah, dude! Just reading your stuff makes me want to learn more about TCM. :)

• Like 1

tinnitus:

In clinic I have seen much caused by the structural aspect. Usually pressures created by imbalance leading to loss of range of motion of atlas and axis appears to be single largest contributor. But also have seen this due to energy stagnation at wrist gate. Agree that environmental causes also can be heavy contribution. When we think about it, here we have this large free-floating antenna that is our neural distribution system. It is a freakin wonder that things are not worse than they are and that anyone can make it while wading through the electromagnetic/rf interference that we are bombarded with.

Eternal_Student:

Hi! Good to see you posting again.

I came home from a 9 day business trip and my wife's mom (a retired chinese TCM doctor) was grabbing her heart... then beating it with her fist as she walked around the living room. She had already had 3 operations on her heart and was told she would never survive another...

We had brought her to Orlando, FL so she could come get out of the northeast cold climate of china... but here she was in Orlando with a heart crisis in the middle of the night... She said this was the worse ever and proclaimed this was the one to kill her and she accepted this but fought it with her fist...

What do you do? (this was last night and I'll save what I did until I get a response).

Thanks for the comments.

I gave her English Hawthorn (and another mixture every 10 minutes), applied pressure to HT-9, and use Medical Qigong. She will keep taking the drops for about 4-5 days. In the past, when this happened in china, she would spend 6-8 weeks recovering after 3 days in the hospital. This was the second episode in 6 months here, but now it only takes her a week to get back to full strength. But the next day she is up cooking and doing house work.

Ah yes. Good. I also have seen much difference when using medical qigong supplemented by nutriceuticals.

My mom was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and had several heart attacks. At the time the doctors suggested she didn't have long on this Earth. I used medical qigong and gave her hawthorn berry but also high doses of Co Q10. She lived another 12 years.

• Like 2

Ah yes. Good. I also have seen much difference when using medical qigong supplemented by nutriceuticals.

My mom was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and had several heart attacks. At the time the doctors suggested she didn't have long on this Earth. I used medical qigong and gave her hawthorn berry but also high doses of Co Q10. She lived another 12 years.

Glad to hear a similar story. My mother in law is also taking CoQ10 from the US as it is available in much higher strengths.

How much did you have your mom take?

Another question (Yu Mu and/or ES): Her heart Qi feels rather strong, and she is physically/emotional strong; she is chinese afterall... She can go out and play racquetball and move around the court :)

And the major heart onset problems seem to center around pressure and constriction. She has stents as part of past surguries. The Hawthorn with another mix which includes Nerium Oleander and Nicotiana Tabacum seem to quickly knock out the problem (ie: usually takes about two doses separated by 10 minutes to start to ward off the problems.

In terms of Medical Qigong, I found/felt that I need to provide some cellular regenerative work. And I also decided that using the daughter and granddaughter's Qi to assist in this would bring emotional healing which I cannot provide as well as they can.

Have you ever involved family in healing in this way?

Edited by dawei

As the New Year has arrived, alas, it is time to get back to work. Which means less time for posting.

I want to thank all of you for asking great questions, I have thoroughly enjoyed the interaction. May I remind you, that I have given seminars around the country for years. I prefer small venues with true cultivators/martial artists/yoga adepts. If you want to host a seminar at your cultivation location, send me a private message and we can discuss. Hosts are always compensated for their time.

Skype appointments are arranged through email as well. I have students in Thailand, California, Ireland, Finland and all over the United States. Sometimes a good discussion can lead to an amazing insight. And I train well.

Otherwise, my general advice is this.

Mind: keep it sharp. Keep learning daily. Keep it empty. Keep it open and clear. Watch the hypnotic states as they leave you vulnerable.

Body: work on the vessel. It is a doorway that can allow your full soul to enter, or keep it shut out. Yes, its a meat sack that we give back in the end, but it is a link to holding energies that you need after you launch into the next "situation".

Soul: keep searching. Express your emotions, holding them back harms only you. Just do it without destroying. Keep playing and look to find contentment. Even happiness is one of the seven emotions that can cause taxation. Contentment is pure refinement of all emotions.

Love and Good Shen to all!!! Ho ho ho.

S.

• Like 2