Sign in to follow this  
templetao

Stocking up on meditations like stocking up on arsenal

It just hit me today.

I was thinking that this is a community of people that constantly search test and verify meditations. And even after a person has found the path that they can walk down they will still buy other meds simply to build up their arsenal.

• Like 2

It is an interesting time in the story of cultivation, isnt it. The market is flooded, and it is as if we are the ones who must sift through and make sense of all the released material. It reminds me of when I did my first degree which was three years study in module format. It wasnt untill after I had completed my finals that I looked back at the string of beads and actually saw the necklace. Of course they werent really 'final' in any sense, they were called that, but they were just another pearl on the string.

many members disapear or go very quiet for long periods of time, and come back to contribute, to be part of the flow of information exchange, and many members are new - ish and want to examine options.

The stage of sipping and tasting to find the needed seasoning is not less important than, or seperate from, the cooking stage.

• Like 2

Good analogies ... I like to walk by and stir the pot a little, and see what comes up, and I can think of at least one member that will take a sniff and say "needs more horse stance!". Heat it up, cool it down ...

When it all settles out, there might be something usefull to skim off of the top. Hopefully energetic,

but not too explosive.

People do seem to crave more and more variety.

Some seem to be in and out of things every few weeks, this style that style.

Such and such a teacher, then someone else, then they disappear.

Keeps the book and DVD merchants in business I suppose and does us no harm at the centre either.

The 'seekers' who pass through bring something with them and hopefully take something positive away with them when they move on to yet another whim, hobby or spiritual interest.

You have a point templetao

Nevertheless being more attached to ones method/guru rather than the attainment of enlightenment or purposeless is a bit.....

I quite like that idea of having meditation and stuff in an 'arsenal'.

"Incoming.... Yoginis attacking at 3 o clock skipper and they look pretty fierce."

"Not too worry Number 2. Blast them with the nei gung phasers, that'll give the blighters something to think about"

• Like 1

When stocking up on meditation, you need the big guns

like horse stance

NOW LOOK AT THIS PONY

Edited by Sinfest 2: Judgement Day

It's easier to build a foundation that energizes everything else you do. It makes sense then. I'd say being ADD about meditations isn't good as well, but doesn't that go without saying?

Well that's an interesting idea 'meds'. One reason (I've found) to jump around with different things is that when they start 'working' - well there's a vested interest in that not working. This is often touted as a 'classic' reason but it's not always the case IME/IMO.

Some other reasons I have come across:

- the meditation (often the case with guided stuff) is actually more of a hypnosis than a meditation so the student never actually realizes anything for themselves

- partial transmissions (what to transmit and when (and why to hold back)) for $$$ purposes

- the classic 'student getting it wrong' - I reckon this is especially the case for breathing techniques or other adjuncts like fasting or even getting into cult-situations

---opinion--

I prefer to interpret my arsenal as merely my 'toolbox' - what do you want to accomplish, there's more than likely a tool for that. Most people have use for a screwdriver at one time or another, but not a lot of people need a mig welder :lol: Its one of those reasons I try to focus on the fundamentals so much (that and the term was already taken by my selection of instruments..)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

Not to be racist (I claim exemption due to my very Irish surname and definite Irish heritage) but the slang term for a lump hammer over here is "Paddy's screwdriver".

indicative, perhaps; that some do no necessarily choose the right tool for the job.

:-)

• Like 1

ahhhhh now your speaking my language! more meditations means more parts of the human being awakened, means greator understanding! i want some for breakfast lunch and dinner and even that fourth meal. you know the late one after dinner but before breakfast!! lol!

Oxford University meals in most colleges.....

Early breakfast

Breakfast

Last sitting of late breakfast segues into...

Tea and snacks

Brunch

Lunch

Late lunch

Afternoon Tea and snacks

High tea

Early dinner

Dinner

Late dinner

Early supper

Supper

Late supper

Bedtime snack.

Beanfeast (Nocturnal meal taken on one's rooms, usually curry-themed).

Back to...

Early breakfast.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Sign in to follow this