Sign in to follow this  
3bob

a difference in other doctrines from the Upanishads:

From the Chandogya upanishad:

"Chapter II — Brahman: the Cause of the Universe

1. "In the beginning, my dear, this universe was Being (Sat) alone, one only without a second. Some say that in the beginning this was non—being (asat) alone, one only without a second; and from that non—being, being was born."

2. Aruni said: "But how, indeed, could it be thus, my dear? How could Being be born from non—being? No, my dear, it was Being alone that existed in the beginning, one only without a second.

3. "It (Being, or Brahman) thought: ‘May I be many; may I grow forth.’ It created fire. That fire thought: ‘May I be many; may I grow forth.’ It created water. That is why, whenever a person is hot and perspires, water is produced from fire (heat) alone.

4. "That water thought: ‘May I be many; may I grow forth.’ It created food (i.e. earth). That is why, whenever it rains anywhere, abundant food is produced. From water alone is edible food produced.

Chapter III — The Threefold Development

1. "Of all these living beings, there are only three origins: those born from an egg, those born from a living being and those born from a sprout.

2. "That Deity thought: ‘Let Me now enter into those three deities by means of this living self and let Me then develop names and forms.’

3. "That Deity, having thought: ‘Let Me make each of these three tripartite,’ entered into these three deities by means of the living self and developed names and forms.

4. "It made each of these tripartite; and how these three deities became, each of them, tripartite, that learn from me now, my dear."

Edited by 3bob

The meaning above has more or less been argued over in hundreds of posts here, and there is some cross-over or mixture of meanings that I've heard some members express which is where many are at in the often hard to understand mixture of materails that are here and out there ! (so to speak) But notice if you will that there is no mixture or cross-over in meaning with the revealed doctrine above.

Sign in to follow this