mike 134

detachment and bliss?

Greetings from a non-spiritual, accidental kundalini sufferer :)

I have some questions for you guys. Somebody started a recent thread called "The Power of F*ck It"

http://thetaobums.com/topic/25806-the-power-of-fck-it/

Is this "fuck it" attitude the same thing as detachment or non-attachment? And is this supposed to be a good or bad thing? I read somewhere that the neck area is associated with this feeling, along with guilt. And strangely, the last few weeks I've noticed myself (involuntarily) not really giving a damn about many things. Urgency, anxiety, and pretty much all burdens of guilt and regret are gone. Now normally it would seem like a good thing to be relieved of such matters, but honestly I think it's somewhat disturbing. Like, if you are going to school or working, and your performance is poor, you need that sense of urgency in order to improve. Otherwise you end up sitting on your ass, continuing to slide.

Also, is this detachment compatible with feelings of bliss? I also read that the heart area is responsible for this, but how are you supposed to feel bliss if you don't give a fuck??

thanks.

Bliss is not an achievement, hence one cannot be ambitious for it. One cannot even desire it. To desire it is to miss it. It is already the case. We have it but we are oblivious of the fact.

(Osho)

"accidental kundalini sufferer" sounds like an oxymoron to me. If you are non-spiritual would you not view your suffering in a non-spiritual way? To conclude that what you are experiencing in a result of kundalini is taking the perspective from spiritual tradition. Maybe this clash of ideas is contributing in some way to your suffering, if you are fighting the idea that there is something happening to you that is not directly physical.

I prefer "this is happening" to "fuck it"

This is happening- statement, release.

When I am working in my profession, I must be very attentive, pay attention to the most minute of details, and faliure to pay attention to these details is not an option. If I screw up, Billions of people may die.

This is very stressful.

There are a lot of factors that I cannot be aware of, and many circumstances arise that I have no control of.

In acknowledgment of all of the 'humanity experience shit' that I have no control of, I opt to let these

things that I have no control of 'Slide' and not worry about them too much.

Adjust the scale to fit your reality, but the essential idea is still the same.

We are planning to reshape the western coastline of the North American continent. Interesting life experiences are available for anyone willing to remain within 200 miles of the coast during this period. Apply for these life experiences by being born into realities where one is living in this region and opts to NOT MOVE after being advised of the restructure.

Thank you, the management.

Hi mike 134, hope youre doing well

i don't usually take my spiritual cues from osho lol, but in this instance, i think that it is the case, as he says, that bliss exists as our innate or natural state. Anything else: tensions, stresses, anxieties, constant discursive activity, conflicts, etc just overwhelm our minds and when we focus on them, we are unable to be in the state of rest in which our bliss can arise freely.

So in that way, detachment and bliss are related, because as one can put a buffer or a space in between themselves and what they are experiencing, instead of automatically identifying with it, they can make room for more bliss.

I think there is an emotional bliss that arises from strong positive feelings.. we all know that who have been in love, but there is a bliss that is not local and is more associated with the natural state of being. By that i mean the uncontrived, unfettered, basic state of awareness that exists even more innately than sense perceptions. That basic awareness is inherently blissful according to many of the worlds mystical, spiritual, and religious traditions. I make the distinction because heart bliss is contingent on an object to feel blissful or loving towards, but the natural state of awareness is so deep with us all the time, it literally IS us, its not with us, but its there all the time, regardless of external factors.

best

Reshaping the coast? How?

i don't think he was serious. But if one wanted to, they could release millions of swallows and each swallow could carry a coconut sized piece of earth to somewhere else in the world! That would definitely be the best way i think.

• Like 1

Reshaping the coast? How?

We have concieved a model whereby the surface of your planet will have several seperate bits of solid mass, call them "crustal plates" will circulate over the more fluid mass of a region that we shall refer to as "the mantle". The plate that forms the pacific ocean region in current time will be making an energetic relationship with the North American plate, generating a certain degree of tension. Eventually, this tension will be released as these plates interact, and one slides beneath the other.

Up to the more energetic of these activities, persons on the planet will be aware of their occurance, but will think little of them; they happen all the time. Usually, these energetic releases occur within the surface area of the North American crustal plate itself, and any damage that might occur is reletively slight - think San Fransisco 1906. Next to nothing, right?

When the more significant (historically speaking) release of tension occurs off of the coast, One would be advised to NOT BE TOO CLOSE. Oops, sorry for yelling. The thought of millions of people dying is very disturbing to me, and I tend to get worked up over that.

• Like 1

Welcome to my world. Is just best to note it then pack up. I don't ask, as I get lost in the wordeeness.

Aye, this one is the 'middle-distance-it-shall-come-to-pass' sort of prophecy.

I hate it because I cannot fully explain it, but yes. Tsunami, west coast, this lifetime. Going to Happen.

Best advice? follow your path. If you are going to die, then die, no worries. If you are going to narrowly escape, then you move. No worries. It's all good, the world isn't done changing yet :)

I opt to let these things that I have no control of 'Slide' and not worry about them too much.

That's fine but if you opt to let things that you do have control over slide and say fuck it, then that would be very very bad! That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

bliss exists as our innate or natural state......detachment and bliss are related, because as one can put a buffer or a space in between themselves and what they are experiencing

By this do you mean inner bliss like the kind of bliss you get with an altered state of mind? I'm more thinking about external things like the bliss you get when listening to music or eating your favourite food. Would it not really suck if you were detached from such things? Okay, so some detachment is fine (detachment toward bad things), but if it is taken as a general rule then that means being detached to both good and bad. Why would anyone deprive themselves in this way? Heck even experiencing the bad has it's uses: being detached from fear and anxiety is mostly fine, but it makes horror movies unwatchable :)

"accidental kundalini sufferer" sounds like an oxymoron to me. If you are non-spiritual would you not view your suffering in a non-spiritual way?

I don't, but there is no known medical condition that matches the symptoms satisfactorily, except maybe TLE, which I am studying now. As soon as a medical explanation is discovered, I will never again mention the name kundalini.

We have concieved a model whereby the surface of your planet will have several seperate bits of solid mass, call them "crustal plates" will circulate over the more fluid mass of a region that we shall refer to as "the mantle". The plate that forms the pacific ocean region in current time will be making an energetic relationship with the North American plate, generating a certain degree of tension. Eventually, this tension will be released as these plates interact, and one slides beneath the other.

Up to the more energetic of these activities, persons on the planet will be aware of their occurance, but will think little of them; they happen all the time. Usually, these energetic releases occur within the surface area of the North American crustal plate itself, and any damage that might occur is reletively slight - think San Fransisco 1906. Next to nothing, right?

When the more significant (historically speaking) release of tension occurs off of the coast, One would be advised to NOT BE TOO CLOSE. Oops, sorry for yelling. The thought of millions of people dying is very disturbing to me, and I tend to get worked up over that.

Little off topic but I followed.

Also, is this detachment compatible with feelings of bliss? I also read that the heart area is responsible for this, but how are you supposed to feel bliss if you don't give a fuck??

thanks.

Quoting only this paragraph but speaking to the entire opening post:

Seems that this is a good time for me to repeat one of my favorite sayings: Nothing matters but everything matters.

Yes, "fuck it" for things we have no control over. But for things we have even a small amout of control over, 'do what needs be done, nothing less, nothing more'.

Afterall, if we are going to stay alive we need to eat, have clothes to wear, have a place of rest, etc. We need provide ourselves with these essentials.

Like, if you are going to school or working, and your performance is poor, you need that sense of urgency in order to improve. Otherwise you end up sitting on your ass, continuing to slide.

Modesty. The middle way.

Nobody knows the answer except a few sages/prophet in legend.

"The power of feck it" was just a humorous expression. I doubt anyone take it seriously. If you do, you should say "feck it, silly article" after reading it.

I'm reading Ron Hubbard of Scientology. It's interesting. I wonder about disciples of Osho as well. How could they believe a guy who possessed 97 rolls-Royse? The same with Billy Graham, who suffered so many illness. Apparently he's not blessed by God.

My point is nobody can help you figure it out but yourself.

Ah the trick with Osho was that nobody in the know actually believed 'in' him just now and again he came up with something you could nod sagely to and go "yeah that makes sense" .

We really really believed in the Rolls Royces and fancy watches. I still do, so should everyone, they can be seen on YouTube, the guy had them, for free; from rich idiots.

Those puppies were real.

And strangely, the last few weeks I've noticed myself (involuntarily) not really giving a damn about many things. Urgency, anxiety, and pretty much all burdens of guilt and regret are gone. Now normally it would seem like a good thing to be relieved of such matters, but honestly I think it's somewhat disturbing. Like, if you are going to school or working, and your performance is poor, you need that sense of urgency in order to improve. Otherwise you end up sitting on your ass, continuing to slide.

How much one needs a sense of urgency to perform is the pivotal question.

I have a high pressure job in regards to what I am expected to accomplish. If I said "f*ck it" to the whole enterprise, I would have to quit because the job is nothing other than the acceptance of those expectations and then making things happen.

Within the context of that acceptance, however, I have learned over the years that much of my anxiety and distress that I immersed myself in as a means to "get ready" was/is completely unecessary and actually counterproductive.

The principle in Tajiquan that a person only expend as much energy as necessary to perform an action applies to everything undertaken in life. The principle is not just about conserving one's strength; Embodying the principle creates new degrees of freedom.

• Like 1