Don't do anything.

If by some combination of circumstances

You stumble onto Complete Reality

And thereby see your original face

Thereafter no buddha can touch you.

There is your own mind bared

The same mind lies right before your feet

Why do ignoramuses ask for signposts on the way

And attribute Reality to taoism, buddhism and Confucianism?

The spiritual quest is wordless; there is no one to ask

Enlightened experience is wordless; there is no one to know

Enlightening activity in endless transformations is wordlessness

Overturning creation by selfless adaption to conditions is reversal;

In the aftermath of absorbing potential, in wordlessness seal it away.

ed note: tweak 8th line

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 5

If buddha can't touch me on that 8th line, does that mean I loose my buddha nature?

I like my buddha nature and like the possibility of having one

I'm not loosing that one, no sir

I like that one and I'm going to stick to it

• Like 2

Maybe I'm young and I want lady buddhas to touch me

Rofl

I encountered one of those in Thailand when I was a young buck ... she helped me down the path so much, but I didn't realize it until much, much later.

I'm sure it was good for her, too :)

• Like 3

In overturning creation by selfless adaption to conditions one operates in reverse.

When one does not use mind to create illusion in the face of situations, feelings are not aroused and the body's vital sense is stabilized.

By not speculating in cause and effect, one maintains detachment and ceases to entertain intellectualism in regard to phenomena and experience, thereby one stills essential conscious energy.

By twin cultivation of the metal sense of the mind of tao and the essence of conscious awareness joined in the center of one's being by the selfless intent of the human body, the singular signpost of the path is discerned.

This can be said to be the recognition of firm unequivocal selfless objectivity brought about by the unification of conscious knowledge and real knowledge through the open sincere intent residing in the center of one's being.

Unless the firm impersonal knowledge of reality is discovered through forgetting one's feelings and then gathering this knowledge consciously by alternately forging one's way against the flow of mundanity or withdrawing effort according to the time and by not minding in the face of everyday situations, there is simply no basis for the path to develop.

If there are people of determination who can diligently practice this, it is not necessary for them to leave society— there is no harm in living in the city. This is especially so since in the path of the gold elixir the medicine is at hand and the work is simple. It needn't be sought outside, being in the individual. If it were all told, it would make people laugh. The laugh is that ordinary people and sages are on the same road, there is one principle for heaven and earth— the only difference is in going along or going in reverse.

ed note: add "…alternately…"; "…withdrawing effort according to the time"

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

This can be said to be the recognition of firm unequivocal selfless objectivity brought about by the unification of conscious knowledge and real knowledge through the open sincere intent residing in the center of one's being.

Hi Deci,

Thank you for sharing these wise words. Pulling unconscious fears/issues into conscious light is always good advice. And as you said, if one is truly open, one can learn to face it and let the ego stuff go.

Merry Christmas to all.

:)

• Like 1

Unless the firm impersonal knowledge of reality is discovered through forgetting one's feelings and then gathering this knowledge consciously by alternately forging one's way against the flow of mundanity or withdrawing effort according to the time and by not minding in the face of everyday situations, there is simply no basis for the path to develop

Dear Deci,

What do you believe is the best way for one to "forget one's feelings"? When one is constantly pulled by the "flow of mundanity" (ego stuff), how do you recommend that one even "notices" the pull?

:)

It is a natural wonder, not a matter of willpower. Bodhidharma said, "Don't know". The next best way is to not act. So even when you feel, don't act on feelings. When you don't act on feelings, even though you may not be activating enlightening awareness— at least you avoid creating karma, so you won't have to deal with the debt now or in the future. Often enough, just this much is all one can do and therefore constitutes true practice. In alchemical terms, this is called stilling the body; refining vitality.

In terms of noticing, it is just a matter of watching over the mind at all times with a subtle consistency. True meditation is serenity and unperturbability in all situations— that's why formal meditation is called a temporary expedient. In alchemical terms, this is called stilling the mind; refining energy.

When vitality and energy are refined one enters the spirit. People do not know that the nonpsychological is spiritual. The nonpsychological is just this impersonal awareness of real knowledge. When true lead, real knowledge is recognized by conscious awareness, consciousness enters reality.

When conscious awareness and real knowledge join, the elixir is said to be restored elixir. When the elixir is restored, one has this real knowledge clarifying conscious awareness while conscious awareness maintains a subtle concentration of real knowledge.

This is then the basis of the path of self-refinement. Without real knowledge there is no basis for the path, so without it, self-refinement cannot have its basis in reality.

When the path is developed, one can then enter into situations for the purpose of self-refinement; carrying out tasks and deeds to completion in secret, the way is lofty and virtue inconceivable even though one has no mind of accomplishments and deeds. When the path develops there is only openness and sincerity, the true intent of the human body which has no location.

One can then follow the way of sages in that one deals with things when they are small against great odds; discovering incipient potential arising and staying there, immovable.

From start to finish the path is just observing mind and clarifying potential. Though in truth it has never had a beginning or end, one just enters the way by not following thoughts unawares.

There is nothing more to reversal than just this not following the fundamental "pull" of the flow of mundanity— the random thoughts that come and go unawares. After a long time, the flow eventually dries to a trickle and one is then able to be really open to the flow of creation without being compelled to go along. At this point, one is in a position to discover, develop and carry out the various firing processes described in the taoist alchemical manuals.

Even so, there has never been anything apart from observing mind and clarifying potential.

ed note: add a coma

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 4