GrandmasterP

The Power of F*ck It

Posted this elsewhere but it's worth repeating here.

The Power of F*ck It

Excellent book and resoutce pack from The Barefoot Doctor looks at issues through a practising Taoist lens.

http://www.amazon.co...55415172&sr=8-4

'I believe (Fuck It) is a major contribution to the human race' says the Barefoot Doctor in the Foreword. Like a magical modern mantra, just starting to say Fuck It can transform your life. Saying Fuck It feels good. To stop struggling and finally do what you fancy; to ignore what everyone's telling you and go your own way feels just great. In this inspiring and humorous book, John C. Parkin suggests that saying Fuck It doesn t just make us feel good, it is a spiritual act. Indeed, the highest spiritual act. Fuck It is the perfect western expression of the eastern spiritual ideas of letting go, giving up and finding real freedom by realising that things don't matter so much (if at all). But also has the added balls that most of us westerners need to lead us away from our stressed out, uptight, meaning-full lives. Plus, it doesn't require chanting, meditating, wearing sandals or eating beans. So find out how to say Fuck It to all your problems and concerns. Say Fuck It to all the 'shoulds' in your life and finally do what you want (no matter what people think).

Show More

Show Less

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 5

I'm in the habit of looking into the primal energies and original meanings behind symbols (I collect books on symbols and signs). "Fuck it," of course, dips into jing -- that's what gives it its energy and makes it efficient and strong. This is important to understand when you use your jing this way. People who dissipate too much, fuck it being their answer to any and all difficulties and problems (including the ones better addressed with other types of qi applied to the task) squander it too fast, keep losing jing at an accelerated rate, and consequently age before their time. Memory loss, sexual dysfunction, and degenerative disease down the road are not uncommon. (A similar warning in Christianity -- "thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vain" -- aims at protecting shen, which is what dissipates if you do. ) So, if you use it, be aware of what you're using of your own resources, and preferably use sparingly.

• Like 4

Fuck that. :D

My master's master would have said: make love to that :)

because making love unites jing, qi and shen. To me it makes a world of difference: this F** it thing seems a little short.

That been said..

• Like 2

Yeah, when saying fuck it is important to say it in equanimity as opposed to frustration. Huge difference there. If you let the thing that's bothering you get to you in any way you are defeating the point :P

• Like 1

Well, as I use the words fairly often already I really don't have much to say here in this thread so ...

Oh, never mind.

I'm in the habit of looking into the primal energies and original meanings behind symbols (I collect books on symbols and signs). "Fuck it," of course, dips into jing -- that's what gives it its energy and makes it efficient and strong. This is important to understand when you use your jing this way. People who dissipate too much, fuck it being their answer to any and all difficulties and problems (including the ones better addressed with other types of qi applied to the task) squander it too fast, keep losing jing at an accelerated rate, and consequently age before their time. Memory loss, sexual dysfunction, and degenerative disease down the road are not uncommon. (A similar warning in Christianity -- "thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vain" -- aims at protecting shen, which is what dissipates if you do. ) So, if you use it, be aware of what you're using of your own resources, and preferably use sparingly.

Interesting. I've never heard an energetic explanation for that before.

Makes sense.

A well timed inner "fuck it", applied with precision is a buddha-killer. But the power behind depends on its infrequent use, yes!!

ed note: add "inner"

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 2

I guess it does depend on what you really mean.

A kind of a giving up, it doesn't matter anyway?

A steeling of the will prior to taking a course of action not otherwise taken?

Actual surrender (but without the couldn't care less thing which is in fact caring - the negative active rather than passive)

A definite decision to remove the offending conditions

Fuck it says so much.

----fucking opinion ----

• Like 1

hmm interesting..yeh i do remember certain people advocating this mentality but something about it just felt wrong, like im completely going against the flow and killing myself, never really contemplated it with enough clarity though...

Edited by sinansencer

I read a good book once by Jerry Stocking called "How to win by Quitting" .Most people are brainwashed into believing that they should never quit anything or give up....But if something isn't working or a change in direction is needed the best thing to do is just to say "fuck it - I quit".

I prefer

This is it

Fuck it

It is what it is

Paul Crick explains why it's important to have all 3 components

Edited by Mal Stainkey
  • Like 3