GrandmasterP

Elves, Bigfoots (faeries, elementals) and related strange creatures.

Santa has elves comng out of his ears according to legend but the little chaps maybe go back a lot further than that.

Leprachauns in Ireland for example, Cornish Piksies.

Local boogie where we come from on the high lonely moors is the Boggart ( sort of Yeti meets Bigfoot) and is mentioned in ancient texts so it's not something the Coca Cola advertising department dreamt up like jolly old Santa In his red and white suit (he wore green in the old days and could do rather unspeakable things to those on his naughty list).

So what elementals, bigfoots, faeries etc are there in your neck of the woods according to local lore and legend?

• Like 1

Cajun werewolves here..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rougarou

I've also heard stories about 'Leezar Blanc' from Cajun Spiritist chums. She's a giant white gator who comes and eats the souls of bad people immediately those depart the body.

Only the wicked person concerned and any mediums present at the time can see that happening though.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Check out the book below - it is exquistly written by a very full blown psychic that basically reports in the field on what he sees. Fairies at Work and Play (A Quest Book) [Paperback]

Geoffrey Hodson (Author)

My experience with seeing one of these beings was in San Jose California (1988?)

I was able to see him/it in an old church not far from the water. About 3 or 4 hundred people were gathered and I was the main event.

I sat in a chair and at one point purposely left my body - I had never left my body before with such complete clarity and hyper awareness.

I found myself fully conscious and on top of my head - looking out at a sea of energy and people.

In the rafters of the old building on the left side was a huge walrus looking body with a large round head and a very big face. It spanned at least two rafters. It had a male energy on some level and the eyes were large, deep and clear. It was motionless and very much in the present. It was not registering emotion and was viewing me - we looked into each others eyes for what seemed quite some time. From Knowing I was able to look into this being considerably more - it was an amazing experience and I have not duplicated it though I have not really tried.

The experience changed my view of such stories as these and the book I recommended is like nothing you have ever read before.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

There are some resonant videos on youtube, re: nomes and faeries, that I saw years ago. ...

While reading Fellowship of The Ring, I am given a joyous, safe feeling when I read of or contemplate on the elves. It is a inspirational feeling, a very inspirational feeling. I feel a strong connection to them and their way of life and a very positive state occurs when I imagine living in such a manner.

This feeling is almost as if I am made of elf somewhere down the distant line or that their spirits beckon us all to live in such a manner. The connection has a personal feel.

I have never really read any of Tolkien's beautiful trilogy in full. I have always read them n fragments and therefore did not enjoy them as much. I have fasted recently(complete deionized water fast as well as soe scattered intermident fasting) and had a change in diet (never eating to fullness and once again eating no meat) and had a strong urge to start the trilogy. I must say I am enjoying it immensely.

• Like 1

Yowie ...

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=yowie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ximqUveADpXloATbxYCwAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1289&bih=525#imgdii=_

I used to live at Yowie Bay ;)

I cant tell you the names as I don't speak enough Bundjulung or Gumbayyngirr but here is a list of what has been described to me

Little people; their foorprints are around the fire in the morning.

hopping man ... he flips one leg over his shoulder and hops after you, he hops faster than you can run,

(both these are also described as spiritual guardians and protectors)

Three types of Yowies

In the wider area; Bunyip ... min-min ... ummm this place is full of them (its a VERY old culture so ... )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

and a small example of a few others out side of my 2 areas ;

Adnoartina, the lizard guard of Uluru

Bamapana, Murngin trickster spirit who creates discord

Barraiya, creator of the first vagina

Bobbi-Bobbi, benevolent Binbinga snake deity

Galeru, rainbow snake in Arnhem Land mythology who swallowed the Djanggawul

Djunkgao, group of sisters associated with floods and ocean currents

Malingee, malignant nocturnal spirit

Mamaragan, lightning deity

Mimi, fairy-like beings of Arnhem Land

Mokoi, evil Murgnin spirit who kidnapped and ate children

Papinijuwari, a type of one-eyed giant which feeds on the bodies of the dead and the blood of the sick

Bunyip, mythical creature said to lurk in swamps, billabongs, creeks, riverbeds, and waterholes

Kondole, man who became the first whale

Nargun, fierce half-human, half-stone female creature of Gunai legend

Pundjel, creator deity involved in the initiation of boys

Thinan-malkia, evil spirit who captures victims with nets that entangle their feet

Wambeen, evil lightning-hurling figure who targets travellers

Julana, lecherous Jumu spirit who surprises women by burrowing beneath the sand, leaping out, and raping them

Kurdaitcha (or kurdaitcha man) is a ritual "executioner" in Australian Aboriginal culture (specifically the term comes from the Arrernte people).

Ungud, snake deity associated with rainbows and the fertility and erections of the tribe's shamans

Wati-kutjara, a pair of western Australian lizard-men

Wondjina, Mowanjum cloud or rain spirits

Rainbow Serpent, a common feature of the art and mythology of Aboriginal Australian cultures

Thardid Jimbo, cannibalistic giant

Yara-ma-yha-who, monstrous bloodsucking creature

Bluetongue Lizard, an elderly trickster

Edited by Nungali

So what elementals, bigfoots, faeries etc are there in your neck of the woods according to local lore and legend?

None. Some people in my neck of the woods are bizarre enough without any extra help.

I've always had an interest in folklore mind. There are a few tales of restless dead and witches.

Edited by yabyum24

http://www.amazon.com/Mermaids-Sylphs-Gnomes-Salamanders-Dialogues/dp/1583944931/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361051086&sr=8-1&keywords=mistele

Bill Mistele's latest book is great on the subject of elemental beings

Hodson is great too.

I have only finished reading the 2nd chapter of this book and it has impacted me in a very deep way. My love grows deeper with every page I turn. If you have a heart you should read this book. I did the basic water meditation at the beginning of the book....it's impacted me in ways I do not yet fully understand. I thank Mr. Mistele from the bottom of my heart for sharing his experiences with these spirits.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 3