Seeker of Wisdom

Chundi mantra

Yes, but don't forget that it's enough to avoid glasses for some months to experience a slight improvement of the eyesight.

I used rasterbrille for 3 months and experienced something similar.

• Like 1

Does anyone else combine Vispasanna with their mantra? If so do you find it effective?

I've noticed that for the past few days an interesting phenomenon when I do the Zhunti mantra. I'll do it and as I'm doing it become aware of many of my negative character traits and how they have earned me bad karma. Then afterwards I'll feel very tired (often have to take a nap afterwards) and even feel kind of sick (as in nausea, that weird "sick sweat" and just "off").

If this had happened just once I would have not paid much attention, but since this seems to have become a pattern I'm wondering what's going on?

That sounds good - shit in your mind getting purified by the mantra.

When we chant this mantra, on one level we're generating focused desire for the qualities of Zhunti to flower in ourselves as we become Buddhas, on another we're generating reverence for the Buddhas, and therefore humility.

That has to have some effect, even without the chi effects of mantras, and perhaps more esoteric effects I'm not even aware of.

:)

• Like 1

That sounds good - shit in your mind getting purified by the mantra.

When we chant this mantra, on one level we're generating focused desire for the qualities of Zhunti to flower in ourselves as we become Buddhas, on another we're generating reverence for the Buddhas, and therefore humility.

That has to have some effect, even without the chi effects of mantras, and perhaps more esoteric effects I'm not even aware of.

:)

That's good to hear, but why do I feel sick after I do it lately?

Maybe you have not build enough affinity with the mantra yet. My intuitive guess... sorry.

My guess: being faced with the crud deep in your mind that people normally don't want to see as it burns off, which then also causes really old dirty grim chi to unclog. Psychological and physiological factors interrelated.

I think Master Nan once said he really hated this mantra when he started... so he knew it was working, really cutting new positive grooves in his mind and body, and he persevered... until enough crud was cleared that he loved it.

Edited by Seeker of the Self
  • Like 1

I'm not a zhuntimantra practitioner, but I experienced that symptoms after certain magical works. Depression and nausea to the point that I had to stop the activity. Fast recovery after all.

I have two hypothesis:

1) you get the attention of lower spirits who manifest in this way

2) you consume all your "personal power" (it's not Qi, it's power not energy) in that cleaning of your soul and feel bad for a while.

• Like 1

Took the day off yesterday, but did the Zhunti mantra again this morning and felt nausea afterwards.

I'm not a zhuntimantra practitioner, but I experienced that symptoms after certain magical works. Depression and nausea to the point that I had to stop the activity. Fast recovery after all.

I have two hypothesis:

1) you get the attention of lower spirits who manifest in this way

2) you consume all your "personal power" (it's not Qi, it's power not energy) in that cleaning of your soul and feel bad for a while.

It's actually the opposite: this mantra (and other great and tested ones) pushes away lesser spirits.

Took the day off yesterday, but did the Zhunti mantra again this morning and felt nausea afterwards.

Dmwatts:

Valid mantras, when you practice correctly and hard enough, help you transform your mind and behaviour. Of course, this is interlinked with your qi AND your body. Nevertheless, this always surprises people when they actually get the practice going. Your unpurified qi, nastiness, and gunk oozes out, and you experience this in feelings and sensations. Your body can react with skin rashes, fever etc. Stuff happens. You detoxify your mind, you detoxify your body.

Of course it can be uncomfortable, but congrats!

Mandrake

• Like 1

It's actually the opposite: this mantra (and other great and tested ones) pushes away lesser spirits.

Maybe it depends on the cultural background of the practitioners, the place where it is chanted, etc...

Last night I was lying in bed, chanting while visualising a bright white dot in my heart chakra.

I felt gathering force throughout the body, followed by a powerful fizzing at the root chakra which spurted up as far as the heart chakra in pulses. There were several pulses in a few minutes, then this ended after a sharp pain in the dan tien.

This wasn't powerful enough to be kundalini or something, but it was definitely... interesting. This mantra is starting to get serious. :D

Edited by Seeker of the Self
  • Like 2

Apart from Qi/physichal effects, visions an metaphysical things... who can share some experiences of "life-change" trough this mantra?

I mean, something like suddenly change one's job, new wife, a monastic vocation, solving financial issues, etc...

Something that really impacts the course of own's life.

I've met harekrishna people who quit smoking with mantra-japa, for example. But I'm curious about the "changing fortune" aspects of this particular mantra.

Thank you :-)

Apart from Qi/physichal effects, visions an metaphysical things... who can share some experiences of "life-change" trough this mantra?

I mean, something like suddenly change one's job, new wife, a monastic vocation, solving financial issues, etc...

Something that really impacts the course of own's life.

I've met harekrishna people who quit smoking with mantra-japa, for example. But I'm curious about the "changing fortune" aspects of this particular mantra.

Thank you :-)

Yes, all kinds of stuff: jobs, people etc.; personally, and some friends.

Sometime, "when nothing is said" is more explicative than an entire article ... :P

And this vibe is probably why people won't step up and answer.

Mandrake

• Like 1

May I ask you how did you receive this mantra?

Maybe a visit to a temple, a spiritual gift from a master...

DrT:

Depends, why do you want to know / what is it that you really want to know?

;-)

Mandrake

DrT:

Depends, why do you want to know / what is it that you really want to know?

;-)

Mandrake

I understand that you prefer to keep this private.

I just want to know if you learned the dharani on an webpage (as I did)... or you received it from a "tangible" source (practitioners, masters, etc...)

Thank you :)

Don't worry, it's as efficacious in both cases. Not all mantras need permission/personal transmission.

Mantras have different effects as well, purify you in different ways. Some directly attack your energy body; others work on all the interlinkages from you to cosmos, and hence you may not "feel" very much in the latter case.

There is a correct way to mantra as well. You may "hit it", so to speak, after 1000 recitations, or two million.

All the best to your cultivation!

Mandrake

I understand that you prefer to keep this private.

I just want to know if you learned the dharani on an webpage (as I did)... or you received it from a "tangible" source (practitioners, masters, etc...)

Thank you :)

tumblr_lfhs5xRgVt1qa58bio1_500.gif

DrT:

You think you are cool by posting this? Yin tactics like that may have been fun when you were 15, but here, be mature and direct or don't enter a discussion.

DrT:

You think you are cool by posting this? Yin tactics like that may have been fun when you were 15, but here, be mature and direct or don't enter a discussion.

Not cool.

I'm just disappointed about the way discussions go on with you.

Frankly speaking...

Witnessing the way in which you are concerned about your precious experience and that you cannot even give general information on how did you receive this dharani, I don't think that you are on the path of Zhunti's compassion.

You're not looking for ways to help others -as a genuine mahayana buddhist-.

I respect your spiritual attitude (since this is where I am), but it's not what I'm looking for in this thread.

Your posts say absolutely nothing apart from some useless mantra theory. If I ask, it is because I'm looking for "how things work" and NOT "how they should work based on some dogmatic statement posed centuries ago".

dmattwads had a bad experience with this mantra. Master Nan gave a special mantra to test if one is working with the real Zhunti or another entity.

These are practical cases.

To say that " it's as efficacious in both cases. Not all mantras need permission/personal transmission." is just a theory valid under certain circumstances.

So please, stop replying to my posts since your words are useless and maybe prevent others from writing their own experiences.

Thank you.

:-)

Not cool.

I'm just disappointed about the way discussions go on with you.

Your posts say absolutely nothing apart from some useless mantra theory. If I ask, it is because I'm looking for "how things work" and NOT "how they should work based on some dogmatic statement posed centuries ago".

dmattwads had a bad experience with this mantra. Master Nan gave a special mantra to test if one is working with the real Zhunti or another entity.

These are practical cases.

To say that " it's as efficacious in both cases. Not all mantras need permission/personal transmission." is just a theory valid under certain circumstances.

So please, stop replying to my posts since your words are useless and maybe prevent others from writing their own experiences.

Thank you.

:-)

Good, you have some guts; I appreciate this much more than some infantile pictures.

For the rest, you can't generalize for all the other readers about my "Mahayana" attitude. With the way you have stepped forward, I can't say that you have come forward as having earnest curiosity, hence you may get the dry replies you did.

Lastly, since this board was about sharing personal experiences and knowledge from the beginning, I don't know why are against that.

I am firmly convinced that the other members are adult enough not to be "prevent[ed] others from writing their own experiences" [sic!].

Looking at your interactions, texts, likes, you seem to have an axe to grind. And you are correct, discussing with you will be useless.

Mandrake