Sign in to follow this  
Humble

Runes and Sigil Magick

Starting this separate from the Sigil thread because it involves more than strictly the Runes.

Random question/thought. Since Runes already have deep meaning attached to them,would it be appropriate to use them in Sigil Magick? Im guessing the'yre not due to the need for Sigil Magick to harness the subconscious/unconscious mind but the Runes in some ways have direct connections to the Universal Unconscious(or so it appears).

Thoughts?

Bind Runes

012412_0617_thedivinati1.jpg?w=690

Interesting. Is that Sigil specific to the user only or are there universal Sigils, so to speak?

Sigil is latin for seal there are both unique and universal seals.

Once more than 1 know what the seal is and are using it with similar intent I guess it starts to become more or less universal

Any symbols really I think... take the cross / crucifix for example... a lot of psychic energy is going into those symbols to where and what end? who knows.

I guess :)

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I would also make the distinction between sigils and bind runes as above ^

There is plenty of stuff on the internet yes

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Since Runes already have deep meaning attached to them,would it be appropriate to use them in Sigil Magick?

Sure if you wanted to, although I have never found it to be any more effective so I always thought why bother?

I think you're asking about the more freeform self made sigils used in chaos magic (op)? Bind rune is a type a sigil. I think you have to be careful combining cultures, to use something Abrahamic and throw in runic symbols, consider the vibe between cultures might be unfriendly or at least confusing.

• Like 1

I think you're asking about the more freeform self made sigils used in chaos magic (op)? Bind rune is a type a sigil. I think you have to be careful combining cultures, to use something Abrahamic and throw in runic symbols, consider the vibe between cultures might be unfriendly or at least confusing.

Yep. It was really just a random thought though. Is chaos magick Abrahamic? I had thought it a bit more individualized than that, but then, that's chaos for you.

Sure if you wanted to, although I have never found it to be any more effective so I always thought why bother?

Oh, I was just wondering if since the Runes are easier to consciously recognize if that would sabotage the casting, but the style of casting is pretty different I guess so, probably a moot point.

Sign in to follow this