Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

The Ottoman Empire

I had mentioned the Ottoman Empire in another thread and it caused a bit of a ruckus. In order to prevent that thread from going horribly off topic, I've started this thread so we have a place to discuss the practices of the Ottomans and how the expansion of the Empire effected the views of Islam in the West, as well as the reason why there is so much animosity and hatred today between Muslims and Christians.

Aaron

Aaron I respect your wishes but as a "half turkish" person I feel that this is nothing but ego juice for anyone who happened to be born in the imaginary boundary of land called turkey...we are all human beings, I pledge no allegiance to any governments or overweight politicians or "rulers" it is all conceptual..

This is just my opinion.

• Like 4

you do have a way to send your own threads off topic, but hey, they are your threads to do so with, i reckon,

anyways as far as empires go the ottoman empire was huge and hugely succesful.

successful in relation to empire.

i really aint much for empires, tho, including our current one.

all empires have things to be proud of and things not to be proud of.

an empire is judged via unfair duality:

They judge themselves and base their successes on their accubulations: Wealth, land, population, property, etc.

And we, the people, judge them based on their ability to serve our needs.

The empire score of an empire is almost always "good" while the people score of an empire is almost always "bad".

Truth might be somewhere in between...

• Like 1

I listen to Turkish Belly Dancing music. Does that qualify me for anything?

Just shut up

Sinasencer,

You're lucky then, Turkish people have great food and know how to have fun. I'm not actually talking about the Turks by the way but the Ottoman Empire. I think the 2 can be talked about separately since most Turks were not involved in the general practices of the Ottoman Empire as a government.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

you do have a way to send your own threads off topic, but hey, they are your threads to do so with, i reckon,

anyways as far as empires go the ottoman empire was huge and hugely succesful.

successful in relation to empire.

i really aint much for empires, tho, including our current one.

all empires have things to be proud of and things not to be proud of.

I tend to go with the flow, and sometimes that's not always the best thing to do. especially when you want to keep things on track but then again maybe it's good to go off track every once in awhile.

Aaron

• Like 1

Just shut up

I say shut up because you show a lot of disrespect on a lot of my posts perhaps ignoring you is not adequate...so there you go taste of your own medicine.

And I say Im half turkish because this is making a point in that I should feel pride in this but choose not to, so I have a fair right to say Im a being fair and balanced. So does everyone..

I say shut up because you show a lot of disrespect on a lot of my posts perhaps ignoring you is not adequate...so there you go taste of your own medicine.

And I say Im half turkish because this is making a point in that I should feel pride in this but choose not to, so I have a fair right to say Im a being fair and balanced. So does everyone..

I cannot recall one occasion where I have shown any disrespect for you or for any thing you have said. If you have taken offense then I would suggest you ask yourself why you have felt offended.

I speak with you exactly as I speak with every other member of this forum. Yes, there have been a few who have taken offense at something I have said. I have asked them the same question I have just asked you.

So I am full-blood German. WTF? I am who and what "I" am. I accept full credit and responsibility for that.

Yes, we all have that little "Ignore" button. But ignoring me doesn't make me non-exist. That would be a delusion on your part.

So if I do accidently (as it will never be intentional) offend you you are welcome to put me on the spot for it and ask me to clarify my meaning and intentions.

Otherwise I will continue to post as I have from the very first day I joined this board. And I will speak whenever I wish to do so.

Look at my recent posts in the Anarchy thread and perhaps you will understand me a little bit better.

Be well and take care.

I listen to Turkish Belly Dancing music. Does that qualify me for anything?

I like to sit on footstools. How about me?

(shutting up already).

of course there will be resistance during globalization. the two cannot resolve themseves.

baudrillard says so.

why do i need a crowbar?

Sign in to follow this