Sign in to follow this  
GrandmasterP

Koot Hoomi

Golden Dawn cove I suspect but Madame B was in on the ground floor when spiritualism kicked off in England so maybe.

My friend Lucy the Sufi (reading at Tea with Spirit tomorrow) claims to be Madame B reincarnated. She does rather look like her.

KH was one of Blavatsy's hidden Himalayan masters from whom she received guidance. After a while several other Theosophist high-ups also began to hear from him... it was all rather competitive, and rather mucky. The history of Theosophy isn't particularly inspiring.

It's gotta be tricky to distinguish between a genuine astral connection or channel, and one's own psyche or imagination. Occam's razor may apply.

When I came across the "I see dead people" people I always wondered why they never actually had a spiritual or cultivation practise of their own...

Edited by laughingblade
  • Like 1

I do 8 strands of silk brocade, have done that for quite some time.

I see 'dead' people semi-professionally (I get paid for doing it when I do it, but have a proper day job too)

It's indoor work with no heavy lifting involved, very busy at the moment with end of the world scares and such. Always good for business, people like reassurance that this isn't all that there is.

Check out the website via my profile.

I do 8 strands of silk brocade, have done that for quite some time.

I see 'dead' people semi-professionally (I get paid for doing it when I do it, but have a proper day job too)

It's indoor work with no heavy lifting involved, very busy at the moment with end of the world scares and such. Always good for business, people like reassurance that this isn't all that there is.

Check out the website via my profile.

Cool! You'll be my first "people who see dead people" person with practise of their own.

I'm cynical about it as it's another thing I can't verify for myself, and mostly what dead people have to say seems random and prosaic. And of course there's plenty of opportunity for scamming the punters.

with cultivation practises I can do stuff and see what happens, which seems far more sensible.

I see you're and old sannyasin too. Howcome you're not teaching neo-advaita like everybody else? ;)

...just trying to strike a happy medium...

Rich

LOL

It says Extra Large on my T shirts.

Once a sannyasin......

I pay income tax on my teacher salary, the rest I do for fun and charity.

Never really understood that 'neo' in Neo Advaita.

If anyone takes the trouble to peek behind the curtain, it's all Tao anyhoo.

Edited by GrandmasterP

On 12/8/2012 at 9:00 AM, laughingblade said:

It's gotta be tricky to distinguish between a genuine astral connection or channel, and one's own psyche or imagination.

By some accounts ascended masters never use astral connections - to avoid the distortions and reflections inherent in the water element

Sign in to follow this