Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Retention, CCOs, Orbit, Sex, etc. etc.

And I think this is often because we are not as clear as we might be about what our goal actually is.

Excellent point. Circulating the energy for me has nothing to do with spirituality but is an entirely pragmatic and perfunctory affair.

Good God, that's the exact opposite of what I've been doing! Clearly I am as far away from kundalini rising as a person could possibly be.

Well now I am as confused as hell! I think about sex ALL THE TIME. I don't think five minutes goes by where I don't give it at least a passing thought. I usually have at least one orgasm any time I drive anywhere for any length of time, for goodness sake.

I should stick around as an example of what not to do! The closest I've found online to what I'm doing is this

http://www.mumyouan.com/i/ae-8a.html

I would humbly disagree with you here. Based on my own experiences, the jumping, chitter-chattering monkey mind is one of the biggest wastes of energy...

...I assume that I am misinterpreting what you've written and would appreciate clarification.

Yes, thank you. I mean to say that since there is really no prohibition on what you can think about, you best be prepared to reap what you sow, (meditate on) after a certain period of practice.

In this regard practice is self-corrective in so far as thought manifesting instantly. If you spend a lot of time with your mind in the trash can, amplified consciousness will only bring the trash to life.

I most certainly agree that the most important primary point to meditative traditions is repulsing that chattering little monkey mind.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Good God, that's the exact opposite of what I've been doing! Clearly I am as far away from kundalini rising as a person could possibly be.

Well now I am as confused as hell! I think about sex ALL THE TIME. I don't think five minutes goes by where I don't give it at least a passing thought. I usually have at least one orgasm any time I drive anywhere for any length of time, for goodness sake.

I should stick around as an example of what not to do! The closest I've found online to what I'm doing is this

http://www.mumyouan.com/i/ae-8a.html

Witch,

I am enjoying the web link that you have provided. I could spend quiet a bit of time with this as well. Have you gotten to the emptiness phase of the sexual practice? There are certainly some unique approaches here.

The reverse session, and upward moving focus.

Great stuff.

Welcome to taobums by the way.

Well now I am as confused as hell! I think about sex ALL THE TIME. I don't think five minutes goes by where I don't give it at least a passing thought.

Not so fast there, young lady. Thinking and desires are a separate problem from having a lot of sexual energy, which is not a problem per se. I think you need to read the fine print in the first post. In addition, all this kundalini rising stuff is Hindu yoga, which is fine, I LIKE some Hindu yogas even though I don't bother since I do Taoist yoga, but the methods are considered unsafe and ungrounded in the Taoist alchemical view.

I think you need to get out and run around the block a few times, and/or find a Chi Kung master to learn a practice from.

Edited by Starjumper7

I've experienced many times when multiple people quiet their mind together, whether it be group meditation, or a random collective 'moment', a type of collective 'non-dialog' experience is possible that everyone in the group experiences. Regardless of the individuals internal dialog, once that dialog was interrupted, it seemed they synced up w/ the group 'dialog'. Just a few cents to through in the mix. Spectrum

Ian,

Your practice is very near to my own. I believe it is effective based on my personal experience and the changes that it has brought for me. My question to you is whether you have any insight on why this sort of practice would work energetically speaking.

There is such a huge chasm between thinking types and kinaesthtic types. And again a huge chasm between heart centred people and will to power types. And the divisions go on. These divisions can melt to nothing when you are in a non verbal communication. A hug restores a sense of shared humanity, for example.

You've hit the nail in its head, dear. NLP is a very valuable tool in this case. Good point!

The greater the experience of Love is, the greater is the charging of the dynamo and that of the energy in the waves that are liberated into the surrounding energy field. At times, I've witnessed the beginnings of a merging of my dynamo with the surrounding energy field. This is, I believe, the last gate to the union of Man and the Tao. I've not achieved sufficient ego subjugation to be able to allow this merging continue once I see it beginning. One day I will.

Thank you for your answer, and my apologies for being part of the difficulties mentioned in the previous version.

Your answer does help to reassure me that your path is one of many and that there are indeed many.

The quote above reminds me of a passage from the Magus of Strovolos, where Daskalos is dispersed in a field of love and is challenged by a higher entity to let go of even that identity which remains, but cannot. You might find it of intesest: very different practices, but a similarly strong emphasis on love.

Last night I was listening to Barry Long, for a change, and had a glimpse of being neither there nor not there. Just a glimpse, simple, obvious, reached for it (doh!) and it was gone. But knowing it exists is such sustenance.

Not so fast there, young lady. Thinking and desires are a separate problem from having a lot of sexual energy, which is not a problem per se. I think you need to read the fine print in the first post. In addition, all this kundalini rising stuff is Hindu yoga, which is fine, I LIKE some Hindu yogas even though I don't bother since I do Taoist yoga, but the methods are considered unsafe and ungrounded in the Taoist alchemical view.

I think you need to get out and run around the block a few times, and/or find a Chi Kung master to learn a practice from.

:D What can I say, it worked for me? Thinking, desire, sexual energy, all deliberately hotted up. I had the sixth chakra thing I was yearning for.

I've been feeling very discombobulated since, for the last 30 hours, but I'm mostly getting through my day. It's taking me a while to process it, but in a good way.

I certainly could use a run around the block! Very out of shape and overweight. Don't think I need a master though, I already found what I was looking for.

Thank you for your answer, and my apologies for being part of the difficulties mentioned in the previous version.

Your answer does help to reassure me that your path is one of many and that there are indeed many.

The quote above reminds me of a passage from the Magus of Strovolos, where Daskalos is dispersed in a field of love and is challenged by a higher entity to let go of even that identity which remains, but cannot. You might find it of intesest: very different practices, but a similarly strong emphasis on love.

You're very welcome Ian. And please, don't apologize for anything relating to my earlier version of my post. Interestingly, all that that post contained was true except for the part about the influence of others on my path...the reality is best expressed by a sage who opined "What is the problem? I AM THE PROBLEM!" :). Thank you for that and for that most intriguing reference. In the case of the former, I'll look to share with more consideration of the range of possible responses that may occurr and in the case of the latter, I'll look into finding and reading it with great interest. Thank you very much on both counts!

Truly, there are many paths to the Tao. Indeed, all paths lead to the Tao. In question is whether that path will be completed in this life. Or some other.

Love.

xeno

Edited by xenolith

I have a question about CCO's and stuff like that. It's about the location of the feeling. When someone has this 'orgasm' of a certain chakra is the feeling mainly in the area of the chakra or is it in the whole body? Like, if you said Lil' Nell down the street, had a heart chakra orgasm, would that mean she felt it mainly in her heart?

Edited by Starjumper7

Not been arround in a while, but couldn't resist this topic. I've been losing my 'knowledge' recently, and have been finding it hard to have oppinions and mental distinctions (I'm taking that as a good sign :) )

Although I find it hard to understand how every thought is sex, I understand the dance between opposites creates a 'sexual' tension... So if you constantly think about a new car you're creating an energetic tension between the thought (illusion) and reality... and someone pointed out that people with a lot of sexual practices under their belt tend to create what they think about... (everyone does this to a certain extent)

So Ian's point (translated into freeform language) is that people who're still mostly in their head cannot safely practice powerfull sexual techniques - and I agree!

Having sex while centered in the head is like masturbating, except using a partner instead of your hand... the only connection is between you and your (sexual) illusions, and it leads nowhere nice... you end up feeling crap after... actually when I used to do it this way, I found sex thoroughly unsatisfying - thinking "I'm doing everything that my head tells me to, but it's never as good as I imagine."

Sex centered in the heart is all about 'sensation in the moment'... the connection with your partner is also a sensory one (so you feel someone rather than sharing their interests for example. lol)

Sex centered in the belly is very simple - it's everything and then nothing, then everything, then nothing... there is no distinction between you and your partner, or you and the universe... it's literally experiencing everything, and then nothing. (sometimes, if you're lucky, everything and nothing at the same time :) )

What needs to be discussed is how to use 'techniques' from the belly, the heart and the head... instead of just the head... I think it's quite possible, but not easy (due mainly to our thoroughly spoiled head)... if I can have conversations and even type whilst being in all three centres, it has to be possible to do that with both sexual techniques and other cultivation methods. what do you bums think? feel? be? (just making sure to address all three parts of You) :)

I have a question about CCO's and stuff like that. It's about the location of the feeling. When someone has this 'orgasm' of a certain chakra is the feeling mainly in the area of the chakra or is it in the whole body? Like, if you said Lil' Nell down the street, had a heart chakra orgasm, would that mean she felt it mainly in her heart?

I started having the sensations before I knew anything about them, and at first I thought I was having some kind of angina, that is if angina were incredibly sexual and orgasmic feeling. For me it is most definitely a physical sensation, located physically at the chakra. It flows out to the whole body, the same as a strong clitoral orgasm will flow out through the whole body, but it is centered at the chakra.

cat, I'm trying to be simple too. My current (simple) working hypothesis is that you're experiencing leaking chi "orgasms" which in accordance with Taoist tradition are not orgasms, but rather are deliveries of chi to places other than the crown.

What do you think?

Love.

xeno

All I can say really is that consistant energy practice without a consistant physical practice can lead towards imbalance in some people. Probably related to schzofrenic genes or something. Combinatory routines which exercise isolated channels on one level or different dimensions on another, can and should be balanced with integration and absorption with the whole of ones experience, less one become "fragmented". For instance one of our members used Taijiquan training to stop unwanted OOBE's. In my own observational instances I'll ask someone if they feel their latest breakthrough has changed the "here nowness" of their awareness, or if they feel different in sitting or standing; perhaps coaxing them to demonstrate any changes they've noticed in the most basic, such as sitting down, standing up, turning around, squatting, standing on one leg, even opening doors and walking up and down stairs. Or perhaps they've experienced changes in their push hands practice. Partners are excellent feedback and a human body, regardless of the personality is naturally intelligent, as tranformation of kinesthetic experience, the transformation is continually reinforced within the cyclic nature of the shared movement space. Lovers can often tell/feel transformational changes immediately in their partner because of the time spent together in shared spaces/dimensions of conscousness.

Less language and dialog be confined to the medium of one small dialect in the corner of the galaxy. ..if it can be practiced, it can be realized and... forgotten about. There are times when people will be moving together and you see something really beautiful happen that makes your hair stand on end and you go "yeah that was it, the perfect move", better yet, you're the one practicing and you FEEL it happen... the beauty balanced with the sensibility is usually overpowering once you get past win & lose.

Hopefully the people making the art realize this act of doing and strive to compose their practice of many moments of realizing something. Not impossible, it just takes time and effort. Hopefully seeing past the superfiscial arrangement of "winner and loser" which is rather linear thinking, because the more the winner wins, the greater he has to lose, and the loser keeps getting stronger. The practice of self-forgetfullness and here now-ness is alive and well among those who let go of attachment and enjoy every moment of natural movement life offers us.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

That explains something

Shura is right. Kundalini is not Qi/Prana.

Maybe the link he/she gave would be helpful, maybe the people behind the site have direct experince with the Kundalini phenomenea, but even if they do, the experince tends to make folks a bit grandiose.

If it ever happens to you, hopefully you will have teachers and friends who can help you deflate your ego.

Just make your body and your mind flexible and strong, and if She happens you will be alright.

When Kundalini wakes and rises there is nothing you can do about it, She cannot be controled,and She does what She pleases with you.

Prepare for Her by making your body strong,and flexable.

Be able to hold oppossing thoughts in your mind without discomfort.

It really happens to real people, but as to a method that causes Kundalini to rise, ...

... I would be very VERY leary of them.

The Kundalini Awakening seems to happen to people who have nothing left to lose, people who have been smacked down, fucked over, laughed at,and left alone.

Women who lose babies in childbirth.

Young men on the battlefield.

People who are down and out, who sincelrly, earnestly ask themselves the question:

WHO AM I? WHY THE FUCK AM I HERE?

So then I don't have chi at all. The thing I have been feeling is, I believe, kundalini rising. I certainly was coming from a place of nothing left to lose, being smacked down fucked over, laughed at and left alone. And it certainly did what it wanted with my body and I just came along for the ride.

I just didn't have the body conditioning.

Sign in to follow this