Jedi777

Wudang Neigong

Well...this could be a totally legit system. But the way he's chosen to market it screams western capitalism. It's total manipulative marketing. "super secret!" "limited time!" "act fast!". "only 12 masters left in the world!" "and they're only in China!". "Raf's master in China!" In China In China In China!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get it! :D He's in China and we all know that's the only way you could really be for real.

On top of that, Wudang is the new Shaolin. There are great masters there, but it's really become a tourist attraction and training ground for westerners studying kung fu. It's all the rage, currently. Which makes me even more suspicious about this marketing. It's got all the hallmarks of "ancient Chinese secret" stuff that's been marketed towards westerners for decades.

So...like I said, it could be a good system. I know nothing about it. The way he's chosen to present it just turns me off. But I think we, on this site and people like us, are a bit more descriminating and already have a lot of exposure to these concepts. If he's trying to reach the general population in the way that they're best reached...well, I guess I can't fault him for that.

I stumbled on this today researching Neigong

Has anyone seen this or have the DVD...seems a little like network marketing almost...

http://www.wudangneigong.com/

My advice, any neigong system that rely's on marketing, has a spammy feel to it, is probably BULL**** to be honest. If they are investing cash to market it, they want a return on investment.

Just saying.

It's backed up by real people, who have something to lose if it was BS.

The downside being, only 1 DVD with the basics out. If you invest your time in a system like this, you have to pray that the teacher will improve his English and stay in some accessible place and doesn't return to hide in the China with the other masters.

Ah, I never made it to the five dragon temple. There are schools all over those mountains, the most popular of which is actually in the town down at the bottom of the mountain, and its swarming with westerners (not that that makes it a bad place).

I really enjoyed wudang, but like everywhere worth going in china, it's been turned into an amusement park.

"Called Wudang, it had many similarities to Shaolin but it's main difference was its focus on a "soft" or internal style of development. Now, while the Shaolin school and its external focus remained the more popular, the mysterious power of Wudang”

That statement is false and if you truly studied Shaolin from Shaolin shifus/ monks from the Songshan Shaolin Temple , China, then you would know that Wudang does NOT have any similarities to Shaolin. False advertising .

Shaolin kung fu and the whole shaolin culture is based on these 3 gems: Shaolin kung fu & qigong (yi ji jing, ba duan jin) chán(Zen) Buddhism and Shaolin medicine. Shaolin also is the origin of 禪 Chán Buddhism before it traveled to Japan and became known as Zen. Shaolin monks/ warrior monks actually spend a lot of time doing meditation (hours) at the temple. Not only do they do qigong meditations but they primarily do a lot of sitting meditation- on being empty. Shaolin is the ultimate in combining the yin and yang - soft and hard. Their moves are soft but hard when necessary. The " rou quan" is exactly that.

Qi is everything to Shaolin but from studying with the monks for quite some time - I have discovered that Shaolin is not just kung fu as everybody believes them to be. They truly are focused on being one with the mind and body. Chán Buddhism is their core and everything that they do surrounds Chán (ZEN). That is if they are truly from Shaolin - some people out there claim to be the real deal of Shaolin but true Shaolin is quite remarkable . They are show cats but also very humble men .

Also, I would be very leery of this Wudang advertisement . Where is the demo video ?

Edited by ShaolinDiva

I wonder when that fancy Wudang hotel is going to be completed :D

Is that the one at the base of the mtn, right near the other "5 star" hotel (Jianguo Hotel)? Where you check in and can catch a bus? I know there was a HUGE new building going in there, that I thought was going to be a new school but I'm not sure...

Edited by i am

I stumbled on this today researching Neigong

Has anyone seen this or have the DVD...seems a little like network marketing almost...

http://www.wudangneigong.com/

Well, the content of the DVD is more a set of exercises to condition the body (massages, slapping parts of the body). I wouldn't call this neigong.Don't buy it.

• Like 1

My gut says it's alright.

But none of us have any experience with it... so I don't know.

John