Jedi777

Gift of Tao and Stillness movement meditation

I'd recommend getting the Light Warrior's guide as an e-book -- it will introduce you to the sitting S-M practice, including the very important closing section...

Thanks. But I just have read what Ya Mu wrote in other thread

The Gift of the Tao: Vibratory Acts of Power is synergistic with Stillness-Movement. Most people who learn it utilize it as a complementary system. It differs from linear type of movement systems so it goes well with Stillness-Movement. The Gift of the Tao are reflected energy patterns from the Higher Levels. This system can actually be learned from a DVD whereas the Stillness-Movement cannot.

That is why I was asking questions here. S-M seems to be the system which must be taught in person for full result but I will practice it anyway an hope it is high level qigong indeed even without personal "transmission". I hope online workshop will be opened for everyone and will help to open up this qigong. Looking forward

Umezuke,

The "closedown", as listed in the book, can be done at any time independent of everything; it is a qigong unto itself. Certainly a good thing to do multiple times a day. It is mandatory to be done when doing sitting Stillness-Movement. It is not mandatory to be done after Gift of Tao movements.

Eugene,

The Stillness-Movement system is listed in the book. I would suggest reading the book before attempting practice. Many are able to make good progress from practicing this way. Practice Gift of Tao alongside the sitting. The practices complement each other. In a way, Gift of Tao is reverse engineered Stillness-Movement. Then, at some point, attend a workshop.

• Like 1

Didn't know it could be a stand alone thing, thanks. :)

Also, out of curiosity, does the distance class "light the fire?" If so, to the same extent as a workshop? Or is this only possible in person?

Edited by Umezuke

Didn't know it could be a stand alone thing, thanks. :)

Also, out of curiosity, does the distance class "light the fire?" If so, to the same extent as a workshop? Or is this only possible in person?

Not a simple yes or no as that would put emphasis of "lighting the fire" as the only thing the qi projection does. It is only one of the things.

I have already said I do not think that a distance class is nearly as good as a physical one due to the one-on-one feedback when in person. In person can teach then correct movement whereas distance can't.

Energetically, yes, the "lighting the fire" can be done distance wise. But remember that I have a 500 hour IN PERSON program for a reason.

• Like 1

Too bad the book isn't in print! I don't have a Kindle, and don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

Too bad the book isn't in print! I don't have a Kindle, and don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

You can use your PC -- that's what I do.

EDIT: Actually, a Dell convertible running Windows 8...

Edited by A Seeker

I tried buying it on my Mac laptop, not realizing it was an e-book. Amazon said something about not detecting any ebook reading capability or something like that and didn't let me buy it.

• Like 1

Not a simple yes or no as that would put emphasis of "lighting the fire" as the only thing the qi projection does. It is only one of the things.

I have already said I do not think that a distance class is nearly as good as a physical one due to the one-on-one feedback when in person. In person can teach then correct movement whereas distance can't.

Energetically, yes, the "lighting the fire" can be done distance wise. But remember that I have a 500 hour IN PERSON program for a reason.

Appreciate the clarification. :)

Hi Ya Mu

i was just wondering if you could explain what takes place with a distance class and if any requirements are needed ,

also do you need a webcam ? my pc refuses to work with cams for some reason ,

hows the new book coming on , any ideas about release date ?

Distance class would involve qi projection to the students while they sit in Stillness-Movement along with a private forum for lessons and to ask questions and share with other class members. No webcam.

Book in re-write as I decided to take a different direction with it.

• Like 3

Just sayin' but if you do another distance class then you have at least +1 person applying ;)

Another +2 people here

Would love another distant course, last one was amazing!

By popular demand, the next Distance Neigong Class begins January 20. Details on www.qigongamerica.com

• Like 7

Requirements are that you have the Gift of the Tao DVD's and are practicing the Gift of

the Tao movements (by Jan 20th). These will be discussed and will be a part of the

assignments.

Does this mean all DVDs (Gift of the Tao I, Gift of the Tao II, and Sequential Energy Activation)?

Yes we will discuss these movements. It is OK if you haven't made it through all of them before the 20th.

Also, if anyone else wishes to register for this please wait until Jan 1 to register. It is ok to send me an email and I will make sure you are on the list.

• Like 1

Just saw the details, answered my questions.

John

Edited by JohnC

Hi, Just checking if someone could give more information on this Transmission that's talked about in here. I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Editting in this; Is it like the Reiki attunement, or a Kundalini Shaktipat or an Empowerment? Or is it something else? Info is greatly appreciate and possible ways of acquiring the Transmission for free, trade, barter, yup. Cool

Edited by ZenHero

It's is an empowerment, and it is something else. The lineage is contained within the empowerment, which I've heard Michael called 'Lighting the fire'.

Michael is best to talk about it though.

John

• Like 1

Thanks for replying to my question. 

Is Michael on this website, or is there someone on here who can explain this Lighting the Fire in a bit more detail? 

Is Michael on this website, or is there someone on here who can explain this Lighting the Fire in a bit more detail?

Michael doesn't visit this forum much these days but still pops in from time to time. With hope that he or one of his senior students will correct me as appropriate, I'll expand a bit on what John says above, based on my own experience.

What is commonly referred to as the dan tien (isn't it interesting how relative an expression like "commonly referred to" is? Most people you meet have never even heard of dan tien and would think it is nutty) is not a physical "thing" but is an energy center. Nothing is "there" but as one practices an energetic system a vibration can begin "there." With continued practice, this energetic vibration can increase over time, both in frequency and magnitude -- the dan tien is created, the fire is lit.

In many systems, this may traditionally take several years of dedicated practice. With a high-level energetic system such as Stillness-Movement, however, a "transmission" can substantially accelerate this process. This transmission is an investment of energy, a healing, and a letter of introduction to something more.

Each transmission is tailored to the individual recipient at that current stage, so the nature varies not just from person to person but from time to time for a given person. Additionally, these transmissions continue to develop, so the effects don't stop the moment the transmission ends. (Energetic healings are this way, too, BTW.)

So...

An investment of energy -- with continued practice, we increase our vibrational energy, both in terms of frequency and magnitude. During a transmission, Michael infuses the recipient with high-level energy. This temporarily "bumps" the recipient into a higher energy state, a "shifted" state which not only allows a glimpse of what is possible but also provides the recipient with an elevated "starting point." If the recipient immediately begins diligent daily practice to maintain that energetic level, the curve has been dramatically accelerated -- it's like strapping on a booster rocket to help an underpowered cargo plane get up to takeoff speed on a short runway. If the recipient doesn't practice, the boost soon fades away.

A healing -- one of the challenges with energy practices is the baggage and damage we carry with us. Sometimes a clogged drain only needs for a small hole to be poked through it and the flow of water, once started, will begin to wash away the blockage. Sometimes, a bit more work is needed for a stubborn clog. During a transmission, Michael helps to address some of the energetic blockages which prevent the smooth flow of energy into and through the recipient, helping to heal the recipient's damaged energy-body. Again, this is a short-term "boost" -- the diligent practitioner would clear those blockages in time without the transmission but this assistance accelerates the progress IF the recipient continues practicing. This one doesn't "fade away" so quickly as the "energy loan" but old habits and attachments probably continue the eroding and corrosive effects which cause the damage so it isn't a permanent "fix" either, if that makes sense.

A letter of introduction to something more -- many high-level energetic systems are lineage-based. During a transmission, Michael provides an introduction to the lineage behind/supporting the Stillness-Movement system. Since Michael's teachers represented an amalgamation of a number of high-level systems, the lineage is rich and complex. Some people -- those who are naturally attuned to such things -- begin to become away of and even to interact with the lineage sooner than others. The introduction is really more intended to call the recipient to the attention of the lineage than the other way around, though. It's kind of like a ticket to an event at an invitation-only private club -- if the recipient diligently practices AND genuinely demonstrates an appropriate attitude (Master Wang's three advices were, "remain calm, be a good & moral person, and practice your qigong every day") then the lineage will embrace the student as the student embraces the lineage. If the recipient doesn't practice or doesn't appreciate the opportunity, then that opportunity fades away.

In a nutshell, the transmission is an injection of high-level energy and a conveying of raw information.

This help?

• Like 5

You can reach him at http://qigongamerica.com/

John

• Like 2

There is a Seminar coming up in Terre Haute, IN July 7,8th, with the clinical Qigong day on the 9th. 2017

The Seminar will take place at the Hilton Garden Inn located at - 750 Wabash Ave, Terre Haute, IN  47807

Contact Michael Lomax @ Qigongamerica.com  and go to his store to register for the event

What you might expect to learn:  Quantum level Qigong

Currently Michael teaches - Gift of the Tao 1,2,3, and is introducing 4

These Qigong (Neigong) moves are high level moves that are very simple to learn yet extremely powerful.  In addition, we offer Stillness- Movement - sitting, standing meditation.  What a great way to restore yourself and start walking down your true path.

Those that are interested in learning Clinical Qigong - 3rd Day - Energy Projection Techniques as Taught to Michael by Master Wang Juemin (used in Qigong Hospital in Baoding, China) and Taoist Neuro-Energetic Therapeutics as taught to Michael by Doctor Vincent Graef, Master of Taoist Medicine.

If this sounds interesting to you contact Michael or feel free to ask me questions and I will be happy to answer any question you may have.

Thanks,

Brion

Kempomaster

• Like 1

I read with interest a question about - do I need to have attended a class to do better at Gift of the Tao or can I get from a DVD?

I would encourage those that want to attend a class to go ahead and purchase the DVD and start watching it prior to attending class so you can start working on the moves.  Michael does a good job of breaking down the moves to 3 movements at a time so you can watch/slow down/rewind.  Then practice etc and you will have pretty decent form when you come to class.  The big piece of the puzzle is - Intent - what are you actually doing with each movement, and the energetics are built into the movements - so yes you will start getting some benefit, but, I would definitely want you to come to class and have Michael or myself work with you and fine tune your energetics and intent.  Because even for me - the energetics keeps growing, and getting bigger and bigger.

Quantum Qigong - no limits.

We are an easy going bunch and want you to succeed and will do everything to make it easy for you to learn the movements.

thanks

Brion

Kempomaster

• Like 1