Jedi777

Gift of Tao and Stillness movement meditation

Start by doing the work for at least 6 months to a year

Yeah, and what next? Fly to America in a dream to receive transmission?

It seems to be that UK is the third world. No any high level seminars, NOTHING serious in this part of the world. Only mumbo yumbo chikungs. Everything in the States. I was interested in GOT but I wont go to the States. Only if in a dream...

It seems to be that UK is the third world. No any high level seminars, NOTHING serious in this part of the world. Only mumbo yumbo chikungs. Everything in the States. I was interested in GOT but I wont go to the States. Only if in a dream...

Continue practicing? There is no quick and easy path toward whatever you wish to attain. Don't let anyone on this site fool you into thinking there is one. Sorry, I really can't give you a definitive answer.

Good luck!

Edit: I would actually argue and say that there's far more "mumbo yumbo(?lol?)" chikungs in the states than anywhere else in the world. There's chain after chain of McDojo's and Belt Factories here.

Ask yourself these two questions:

1) How much is your health worth to you?

2) What do you wish to attain in life?

Edited by Celestial

It is a shamanic method so you might be able to connect with the lineage in your dreams

Continue practicing? There is no quick and easy path toward whatever you wish to attain. Don't let anyone on this site fool you into thinking there is one. Sorry, I really can't give you a definitive answer.

Good luck!

Edit: I would actually argue and say that there's far more "mumbo yumbo(?lol?)" chikungs in the states than anywhere else in the world. There's chain after chain of McDojo's and Belt Factories here.

Ask yourself these two questions:

1) How much is your health worth to you?

2) What do you wish to attain in life?

All serious neikung which we discuss here seem to be in the States. OK I agree there are loads of BS stuff. But we know what kind chikungs we are talking about. Agree? So, I would agree to practice some serious stuff but I want to have a foresight how it might turn out in the future. Michael write quite clearly that this chikung SHOULD NOT be practiced WITHOUT instructor i.e. transmission. But they sell DVD I think just to get people involved somehow and for making money too obviously. What it the point to practice it if you know that teacher not coming to this part of the world or if it happens then may be accidentally. This is not fair. I dont want to be engaged in something if there is not clear chance to be involved in certain method. I did many things like that and have spent loads money on it - yoga, chikungs, and so on including Bon and Tantra. Teachers coming occasionally - sometimes only once in two years and I gave it up coz did not feel any benefit out of practice. Now I am doing some neikung because it looks like working. And Skype transmission is possible AT LEAST. Peace

• Like 2

It is a shamanic method so you might be able to connect with the lineage in your dreams

This sounds pretty good for me. No need money for airplane fuel but need some energy fuel anyway. But as I mentioned above Michael claims not to practice without transmission. May be it was only about healing neikung described in his book and I am not sure about GOT. But I have read his posts on this forum and it sounds like there can be some benefits of practice without transmission but only small level like practising any health chikungs

• Like 1

And where, might you think, Michael received his lineage transmission? St. Louis?? :huh:;)

I don't know honestly. May be in China. But we are not talking of China. Yeah, I see what you want to say - go to China. OK. May be later. I agree that we have to do something in life and work hard as well as earn money for travelling far away. I did that before - I was in many countries searching for something serious and always I found some BS. I was not ready at that time. And I think when one is ready there is no need to go somewhere, it can come spontaneously. I know there is no warranty for anything but what a problem to organize seminars on permanent basis for the third world countries to give chance for people who really interested and ready?

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 1

Hi Eugene,

To make it a bit clearer, the movements CAN be learned via DVD. The Stillness-Movement internal has been done

by many from just the book. IMO doing it this way is just as good as anything else out there taught by dvd and better than much that is available. To receive the full training requires in person. Simply the way this is taught.

"Transmission" is a word I never much use. In our system the teacher projects qi to the student to accomplish many different things which include creating a dan tian, opening energy centers, removing blocks, burning filters... up to simple pain relief. It also includes passing on of energy based information. My full program is 500 hours training. Graduates of this program are able to perform wai qi liao fa at a very high level. This is comprehensive training.

I may do a distance class in 2013. This will include energy projection but it is not IMO as good as going to a workshop since there is no one-to-one interaction. We do discuss things on a private forum.

I think there is bound to be some good qigong in the UK. Search and I do believe you will find. I may or may not return to teach in the UK. I have been asked to. Better for you to find someone locally if you don't wish to travel. Best of luck to you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Eugene,

you could go see Alex Wong who lives in Surrey, London. I went to see him when the London S-M class was cancelled and his vibration seemed high and strong. His system is not the most usual type but it involves movement caused by energy.

Keep in mind, though, that I'm not a high level practicioner so I only talk about him from my humble point of view.

His webpage:

http://www.selfhealing.org.uk

Thanks for trying to help me. I have doubts I am going so far just for the qigong. I am in Ireland actually and I used to go to London for a yoga seminar and then it turned out the system is quite complicated and requires continious transmission (Dzogchen) and practice of Tantra. I did that yoga for half of year. I spent much money and have experience now. I was in India too and the end was the same. They just teach you something but without interaction with guru all idle. I did one neikung for 2 years with teacher here in Ireland and it did not work for me as it was adjusted by teacher for himself and origin of this neikung is not within certain lineage and kind of self made up and very much about vigorous "fire" breath like pranayam. I tried some another spont. chikung here

But it did not work well for me. I think this kind of QC is more "effective" for people who have some declinations in (mental ) health but for me it had very soft effect. So I will not spend money just for the another chikung. It must be complete system.

For me to get USA visa is the same as encounter Barack Obama in local store

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 1

I may do a distance class in 2013. This will include energy projection but it is not IMO as good as going to a workshop since there is no one-to-one interaction. We do discuss things on a private forum.

Just sayin' but if you do another distance class then you have at least +1 person applying ;)

• Like 3

Just sayin' but if you do another distance class then you have at least +1 person applying ;)

Another +2 people here

YaMu,

I've learnt up to move six so far of GOT, i'm finding the calmness you speak of, also i keep experiencing my right hand becoming cold while the left one is warm?

Are there benefits particular to each movement? Realise each one takes you up a level... how important is it to complete all levels in one go?

Thanks,

Edward

• Like 1

Edward, did you learn this chikung from DVD only?

And general quiery to Ya Mu - so I realize that it is quite possible to make some good progress in healing, balancing and LDT building, and calming learning from 3 DVD's. Is it right?

And another quiery. Does it worth to do this S_M along with some another system such as: Kunlun, Magnetic Qigong. If doing S_M only 1 hour per day as you recommend. Will they empower each other? I mean if S-M can be combined with other advanced Neikungs but in different time. I would be doing S-M solely but as you say it is desirable to have person in person studying with you. I am really interested in what you teach and would def practice it if I would have chance to attend a seminar. I was looking for such a system for years. Thanks for your reply here

Edited by Eugene

Hi Eugene,

Yes, I learned from the dvd. The movements are quite simple relative to some other systems including taiji, although similar in some respects, these movements don't require special alignments.

If you get the dvd, bare in mind that as YaMu said, he has had a lot of traumatic injuries, so his movement may not seem as graceful as some other qigong or taiji practitioners.. But the system is good, and the fact that he is moving the way he does gives the system a lot of credit.

Peace

Well, I have been doing long form taichi for couple years and very flexible due to yoga and MA experience so dont think S-M will give me nuts. I like the idea of spontaneous energy flow and that this system has some shamanic roots what is very interesting for me. I need to bring more balance into my system. :) I feel some disbalance. If only this a benefit it would enough already. May be we don't really need something difficult and look for something "powerful" like kundalini yoga or Iron Shirt Q. May be just some good and simple neikung and meditation on breath at LDT are quite enough.

• Like 1

Helloi Eugene

I see what your saying about balancing this is definately very balancing.

With respect, I just feel the need to share an experience. Michael often talks about this being the core of your practice and you can use other things as tools but just tools. I learnt through experience that I should just trust and have faith in the system, I would go and do other things because I thought I was missing something and while going off doing those other things did teach me certain things and heal and show me stuff, I feel the learnt through experience just to trust in the system..

Oh and just to update the system improves my skin and youthfulness also I spent 30 minutes healing my mums lower back, I used to be more skeptical if this really works but I know its working because I can feel it.

peace

Edited by sinansencer
  • Like 2

Edward, did you learn this chikung from DVD only?

And general quiery to Ya Mu - so I realize that it is quite possible to make some good progress in healing, balancing and LDT building, and calming learning from 3 DVD's. Is it right?

And another quiery. Does it worth to do this S_M along with some another system such as: Kunlun, Magnetic Qigong. If doing S_M only 1 hour per day as you recommend. Will they empower each other? I mean if S-M can be combined with other advanced Neikungs but in different time. I would be doing S-M solely but as you say it is desirable to have person in person studying with you. I am really interested in what you teach and would def practice it if I would have chance to attend a seminar. I was looking for such a system for years. Thanks for your reply here

Yes one can make good progress as you see from the other posts.

There is no need to add other qigong(s) as this is a fully integrated system that has an extremely high efficiency. Taking the time to add something else instead of putting that same amount of time into continuing the practice could be detrimental instead of helpful.

"May be we don't really need something difficult and look for something "powerful" like kundalini yoga or Iron Shirt Q."

Stillness-Movement IS powerful as well as simple. A system with the practitioners having in the workshop only 2 days of practice (even those who have never practiced a bit of it), that can enable people to project energy (wai qi liao fa) and have 70% to 100% results in removing complex pain patterns through that energy projection, IS powerful. Many systems don't accomplish that in years of practice.

... also I spent 30 minutes healing my mums lower back, I used to be more skeptical if this really works but I know its working because I can feel it.

Very Good!

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 4

Yes one can make good progress as you see from the other posts.

There is no need to add other qigong(s) as this is a fully integrated system that has an extremely high efficiency. Taking the time to add something else instead of putting that same amount of time into continuing the practice could be detrimental instead of helpful.

Stillness-Movement IS powerful as well as simple. A system with the practitioners having in the workshop only 2 days of practice (even those who have never practiced a bit of it), that can enable people to project energy (wai qi liao fa)

Yes, I can agree with that but here you mean somebody who has trained with you. OK, I can admit the idea just believe to the system. It might def work.

I already started doing neikung from Mike Denny which has shamanic roots too, and he states that this neikung will empower any other practice and balances very much too. But there are 3d eye concentrantions and may be it should not be done along with system that you teach.

So I am confused now a little if it is really better to concentrate on one system solely without looking into any other system. I guess there are different energies in diff schools so may be it is enough reason to stick with one only. But I will buy def GOT 3 DVD's and will give it a try!

Also I am interested in IMA very much and have some 3 years exp. And I would like to continue with it. There are neikungs systems in it. Which come along with Iron Vest sometime which is very beneficial and I suppose there is no Iron Vest in GOT. And there are others internal training in IMA systems that must be taught in order to make progress in it. At the moment I am interested in BGZ and want to train it with it's neikung or probably try Iron Shirt just for the prominent health and internal qi benefits

<snip>

So I am confused now a little if it is really better to concentrate on one system solely without looking into any other system.

<snip>

If you are interested in trying Stillness-Movement, I would encourage 100 days of daily practice without practicing anything else. After 100 days, assess your experience and decide what to do next. 100 days is a reasonable trial period.

• Like 1

Also I am interested in IMA very much and have some 3 years exp. And I would like to continue with it. There are neikungs systems in it. Which come along with Iron Vest sometime which is very beneficial and I suppose there is no Iron Vest in GOT. And there are others internal training in IMA systems that must be taught in order to make progress in it. At the moment I am interested in BGZ and want to train it with it's neikung or probably try Iron Shirt just for the prominent health and internal qi benefits

Hu yaozhen, who developed the nei gong, was an avid practitioner and master of IMA, so I don't think you'll have any conflict and it may benefit.

I've heard that a lot of the IMA's don't become really effective till you've developed your lower dantien, and SM does that faster than anything I've seen.

John