Sign in to follow this  
zarkers

Hello folks

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and have not posted before.

About me:

* Meditate regularly

* I organise meditation sessions

* Practice Tai Chi. The "internal" stuff too and not just the form. Still a beginner

My interests:

* Qigong. I can feel some chi but I feel so clueless. Any good teachers in Sydney / Canberra?

* Saw those videos on John Chang and was awe struck - interested in Mo Pai. Maybe that school is a dead end though? None of his students seem to get very far in the practice..??

* Biofeedback

* Lucid dreams

Zarkers

Edited by zarkers

My interests are not limited of course to the above. I am interested in learning anything to do with Chi and really am a beginner in this but feel that I seem to have some degree of natural potential here that I should develop. I need an accomplished teacher - one I can meet and practice with in person.

In regards to religion I am quite open minded and don't believe in there being just one "true religion". To me it is a journey of personal growth. I am content reading Buddhist texts, Christian texts (including Apocryphal stuff), Hindu books like the Bhagavad Gita, Taoist texts, etc. If I had a book on Suffism I would happily read that too :)

Edited by zarkers

Welcome Zarkers. You'll fit in here nicely. Its great that you organize meditation sessions. At times there's a synergy to group meditation that can be pretty powerful. We have a couple of Australians here. One who doesn't post much these days but may be near you is Stuart Shaw, he's also on facebook.

(a.k.a. Stigweard) Age: 38 Residence: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia

Taijiquan Bio

1994 - present: Student of Chen Man Ch'ing Tajiquan through Sifu Lindsay Smith, student of Teo Ah Keng, student of Master Sia Mok Tie, student of Master Huang Sheng Shyan, student of Grandmaster Chen Man Ch'ing.

Very nice talented guy.

Thanks thelerner :)

He is unfortunately a bit too far away as it would take more than a days driving to get there from Sydney. A plane trip would be possible ..

Welcome, zarkers!

The actual Mo Pai schools are closed to non-Chinese (or is just Westerners? can't remember). There are a few posters here who are actively on the lookout for manuals and information on the practices, but it's a tough nut to crack.

It's not the only good system out there, especially depending on what exactly you're looking for out of your practices.

Sign in to follow this