hydrogen

enough with emptiness and dreams. we need new models.

Please tell me any actual evidence to back "your emptiness" up? :)

You will not understand unless you experience this yourself.

This is on the level of intuition and not something you just learn.

This is the difference between the conditioned and unconditioned.

Everything you know is conditioned.

Going beyond the conditioned what is left?

Edited by idiot_stimpy

The science has advanced at astonishing speed. While the spiritual development has stuck in the past two thousand years.

Empirical science, uh-huh. It is also essential to forget numbers too. It's not about your mind, it's inconceivable. Surrender.

The 10,000 year-old science of alchemy is precise and effective, it's just that you can't even approach it. Suuuucha pity.

As for emptiness, it's inconceivability itself— it's not that it's somewhere else. Enlightening beings don't see emptiness as void. Emptiness is not void. It's just that you cannot see reality yourself. Instead of daring reality to come down to your ego-centric level, why not raise your standard? When you accomplish nonbeing, then you see that non-empty emptiness has always been you all along.

On a much less dramatic level of consciousness, the unattributable is known as your own awareness. You don't perceive perception as such because it's full of your speeding thoughts. Full of your own and others' ideas, concepts and opinions' momentum. To get rid of these, for the time being, you just stop until the momentum peters out. That could take a lifetime…

Since you have yet to empty consciousness, you have yet to experience your own complete reality void of psychological content. Just turn your light around instead of using it to chase your ideas of progress.

No one can know nonpsychological consciousness. It's easy. Just find out who you were before your parents were born.

Find out who this no one is.❤

ed note: one too many "just"s in the second sentence

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In regards to the OP, I agree with you to a degree. Yes we have been in the same rut for over 2,000 years, with little to no innovation, but remember religion isn't about innovation, it's about propagation. There's a reason little changes. With that said I wanted to address some ideas that you've mentioned, in particular the idea of emptiness.

Having experienced "emptiness" I can tell you that it does exist and it most certainly isn't empty, after all you can't really experience emptiness. Emptiness is always here, but it can't really be described, Lord knows I've tried, so I wont try and explain it here, except to say that most people call it that for lack of a better word, but it's not really a good description.

After twenty years I think I've finally got a grasp of the Tao Te Ching. I don't necessarily follow the traditional views of the Tao Te Ching. I wouldn't consider my practice to be stagnate, but alive. I see many correlations with the Tao Te Ching and modern science, in fact I know many programmers and mathematicians that are fascinated with the Tao Te Ching. I think we'll see some revolutionary ideas that will arise because of this interest, it just takes time.

As far as the holographic universe goes, the Buddhists and Hindus were talking about that, oh, 2,000 years ago, so in that regard science was a little late.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

No one can know nonpsychological consciousness. It's easy. Just find out who you were before your parents were born.

Ahh... well the answer there lies in, you guessed it, emptiness.

"Between Heaven and Earth,

There seems to be a Bellows:

It is empty, and yet it is inexhaustible;

The more it works, the more comes out of it.

No amount of words can fathom it:

Better look for it within you."

Lao Tzu (tr. John C. H. Wu)

Aaron

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 1

God was human who created us. Human was God who created us.

I boldly say I'm the first to come up with this.

Now you enlighted ego-maniac tells me it's been done by someone else. :)

Ah, but most do not realize that without dreams, technology could never have advanced to what it is today.

If the Wright brothers did not dare dream, we'd still be rowing across waters to get to the farther shores.

Moreover, without emptiness, how will dreams manifest? Is emptiness not the vast, endless fabric from which dreams arise?

Yet, there, in the hearts of those who dare to turn their dreams into reality, infinite inspiration and courage springs forth, leading men and women of resolve to conquer limits which ordinarily daunts those of lesser intent.

In this manner, then, i would count technology as the very stuff built on dreams and emptiness.

I am grateful to dreams, for they often light the darkest nights with hope, and with renewed faith in the belief that for life to be meaningful, those dreams must always be allowed to be bigger than what we think we are.

Edited by C T
  • Like 4

I'm wondering how you would be able to come up with an idea of a god (of any kind) unless you already had one as an idea.

Ok, so now your god is human. Does that change anything?

--- opinion based on experience of dancing around living room having experienced the 'no god out there' realization----

Much depends on how we choose to percieve our realities. Picture an eight ounce glass sitting on your table, containing four ounces of water. The old cliche is to ask "Is the glass half empty, or half full?" ... but I do not percieve it this way. The glass is always full. Think about this for a while, and you will see what I mean. Sometimes, all that is necessary to change reality is to change the way one chooses to experiance it.

The matter of models and their relationship to what they would mirror or reveal is a central theme in Daoist literature. I am not sure anyone could "update" this observation made by Zhuangzi in 400 BC:

All subjects may be looked at from (two points of view), from that and from this. If I look at a thing from another's point of view, I do not see it; only as I know it myself, do I know it. Hence it is said, 'That view comes from this; and this view is a consequence of that'- which is the theory that that vie and this (the opposite vies) produce each the other. Although it be so, there is affirmed now life and now death; now death and now life; now the admissibility of a thing and now its inadmissability; now its inadmissability and now its admissability. (The disputants) now affirm and now deny; now deny and now affirm.

Therefore the sagely man does not pursue this method, but views things in the light of (his) Heaven (ly-nature), and hence forms his judgement of what is right. This view is the same as that, and that view is the same as this. But that view involves both a right and wrong; and this view involves a right and wrong - are there indeed, or are there not the two views, that and this? They have not found their point of correspondency which is called the pivot of the Dao. As soon as one finds this pivot, he stands in the centre of the ring (of thought), where he can respond without end to the changing views; without end to those affirming, and without end to those denying. Therefore I said, 'There is nothing like the proper light of (the mind).'

So these Daoist were some very interesting cats. They underlined the limits of what could be talked about and then proceeded to talk about it anyway.

Much depends on how we choose to percieve our realities.

What if that which is choosing to perceive the reality is held still for 10 minutes. During that 10 minutes what is left?

If there is an answer, then that which is choosing to perceive reality has not been held still.

What if that which is choosing to perceive the reality is held still for 10 minutes. During that 10 minutes what is left?

If there is an answer, then that which is choosing to perceive reality has not been held still.

Enlightenment is like water; grasp it, and it will run through your fingers.

In the immaculate sky of the dharmadhatu

The thunder of pure potential rumbles through space,

All experience of the delusive phenomenal world is

transformed,

Beautified by the attainment of the trikaya's pure

awareness.

The treasure trove of knowledge, two-in-one,

In non-dual space, cannot be found by seeking;

Let the mind abide in a state of non-action

And in such samadhi true pleasure arises.

Edited by idiot_stimpy

Much depends on how we choose to percieve our realities. Picture an eight ounce glass sitting on your table, containing four ounces of water. The old cliche is to ask "Is the glass half empty, or half full?" ... but I do not percieve it this way. The glass is always full. Think about this for a while, and you will see what I mean. Sometimes, all that is necessary to change reality is to change the way one chooses to experiance it.

Technically ,the glass is never -full or empty- it is just a glass ,

'full' and 'empty' are expectations about the propensity for the glass to

encompass fluids, ,,

so yes- whether it is to be concluded to be full or empty is subjective.

('full of emptiness' is really just a semantic twist)

Hehehe. I would never dare make such a statement.

I likke this post but the font is really too small for my aged eyes. Could you speak louder?

I likke this post but the font is really too small for my aged eyes. Could you speak louder?

Certainly!

Much depends on how we choose to percieve our realities. Picture an eight ounce glass sitting on your table, containing four ounces of water. The old cliche is to ask "Is the glass half empty, or half full?" ... but I do not percieve it this way. The glass is always full. Think about this for a while, and you will see what I mean. Sometimes, all that is necessary to change reality is to change the way one chooses to experience it.

Again, imagine you are driving down the highway, when suddenly your car gets a flat tire. Perhaps you get out, cursing your bad luck to hit that nail, the cheap tire, ect. You might be frustrated because you are going to be late for that date, that appointment, work, ect. In short, you are having a bad experience.

Another way to percieve this event would be to be grateful that the flat ocurred when it was easy to control the car, that no one was harmed by the incident. Imagine how fortunate you are to have been given the opportunity to stop here, now; perhaps you have missed being involved in a wreck just a little down the road, perhaps the change to your planned schedule will cause you to meet someone you would not otherwise have met, or avoid meeting someone! This delay has given you a chance to see something that you might otherwise have missed, and is truely fortunate ... now, you are having a positive experience.

The only thing that has changed is the way you choose to percieve the experience.

Sorry for writning so small before, I should have taken a moment to switch the font size ... but then I would have missed the chance to explain the concept further :P

• Like 2

I'm wondering how you would be able to come up with an idea of a god (of any kind) unless you already had one as an idea.

Ok, so now your god is human. Does that change anything?

--- opinion based on experience of dancing around living room having experienced the 'no god out there' realization----

Apparently you didn't understand my statment.

We're not real human in flesh and blood. We're bunch of AI in a simulated world which was created by the real human or children of the real human.

I wonder if the real human have dreams.

Sorry for writning so small before, I should have taken a moment to switch the font size ... but then I would have missed the chance to explain the concept further :P

Yes, you were being spontaneous. Hehehe.

And I agree with your view here.

The glass is really never empty. The true significance of Buddhist "Emptiness" is very difficult to understand even though there is validity in the concept if understood properly. I like to talk about fullness.

And true, it is my understanding that we can never foretell the future. And no, I will not even suggest that everything happens for a purpose. But true it is what happens next may well be something that prevented a very bad experience had it not happened.

I do like to talk about intuition because I hold it to be valid. If I get that "gut feeling" that I shouldn't do something (or whatever) I am going to follow my intuition without even asking the reason why.

• Like 1

We're not real human in flesh and blood. We're bunch of AI in a simulated world which was created by the real human or children of the real human.

I wish I could push a "Don't Like This" button for this post.

The one who gave birth to me, fed me with her milk is my mother. The one who brought me up and taught me is my father. The one who grew up with me is my brother. The one I changed diaper and held in my arm at night is my daughter. The one who cheers me up when I'm down is my frirend. The ones who grow food, build houses, clean the road and serve food in the restaurants are my people. This is my earth. This is my world.

I know exactly who I am. I know my mom, dad. brother, daughters, friends and people. Nobody, not even God, can change my mind.

Do you know who you are?

You're correct. I didn't understand it that way the first time. I was going to ask you how you would go about showing this idea of yours to be the case. In the case of god, all you have to do is go look for god.

Mr MH, why didn't you like the post? I didn't like it much either. The reason for that is I feel there's already some amount of truth to the idea that humans have already crossed over into a very virtual way of being and conducting their lives. That someone would just go ahead and say that's the way things are anyway, well I guess I can't really blame them. Especially if they were born into the world with all this virtual stuff already here.

This one gave me a bit of nausea. But so did the idea that I wasn't 'reified' when I first heard it (had to pronounce the r-word for this one). Now as long as these proponents of AI everywhere don't end up making it mandatory to have it 'hardwired' into our bodies (and I don't care if it's only the size of a grain of rice). I couldn't give a crap. Yes, even with my 'non-body'.

However, if the superstring mutliverse dudes are correct, then all I have to do is jump dimensions where none of this shit is going down:-)

• Like 1

Now as long as these proponents of AI everywhere don't end up making it mandatory to have it 'hardwired' into our bodies (and I don't care if it's only the size of a grain of rice). I couldn't give a crap. Yes, even with my 'non-body'.

No, you still didn't get my concept.

AI (artificial intelligence) is us. The world is virtual world. Our body is virtual body. Our mind is virtual mind. Us is virtual.

There isn't any need of "hardwired" as you've seen in the movie of Matrix. That idea is like to feed food to a hungry child in a book you're reading.