Sign in to follow this  
Umezuke

Of Steep hills and elevators

You know when you go down in an elevator or drive down a steep hill how you get that crazy feeling in your lower stomach?

Not sure if anyone else gets this effect but since doing stillness-movement the above mentioned sensation has skyrocketed in intensity -- I seriously have to try hard to act as though nothing is happening when in an elevator with others, haha.

Do you guys think it is just increased sensitivity due to focusing on that general area so much or what?

Strange issue I know -- just curious...

You know when you go down in an elevator or drive down a steep hill how you get that crazy feeling in your lower stomach?

Not sure if anyone else gets this effect but since doing stillness-movement the above mentioned sensation has skyrocketed in intensity -- I seriously have to try hard to act as though nothing is happening when in an elevator with others, haha.

I'm not an expert.

But I don't think it's a good sign. You're not grounded. You may want to stop practice for a while.

• Like 1

I'm not an expert.

But I don't think it's a good sign. You're not grounded. You may want to stop practice for a while.

Do you guys think it is just increased sensitivity due to focusing on that general area so much or what?

Maybe just go on an elevator alone and let go for a moment? :D

edit: NOT agreeing on the "stop practice" advice.

Myself I have to sometimes hold back Stillness-Movement when in company in order not to confuse people. I guess I'm just too polite.

Edited by Sonhoffman
  • Like 1

Make you break wind then it working

you keep all low down no shoulders just hips

No elbows jus knees

No rists just ankles

No hands just feet

Bottom work and top follow

Dont know about that feeling, sorry.

Am interested in what do you mean Eskrimador? Would you explain, as I dont get it from your description. Do you mean push the energy to your feet?

It is just increased sensitivity, the elevator (or churning) is common and nothing to worry about.

:)

• Like 1

Dont know about that feeling, sorry.

Am interested in what do you mean Eskrimador? Would you explain, as I dont get it from your description. Do you mean push the energy to your feet?

not push anything

power come up from ground if you let it

but u have to be sunk low first all down from hips everything lalong mababa

hard to xplain

where you turn from inside

It would be great if Michael could chime in and give some solid advice.

My understanding in the context of S-M is that you want to let the Chi do what its doing, The Chi KNOWS what's up, better not to try and force certain things from happening or not happening. Also make sure your doing the close down after you finish each session.

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Best answer by Jeff post number 6. Good advice from oldgreen post #8.

Umezuke, I sent you a personal email.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this