Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

AMORC

AMORC's material is second to none in terms of depth, breadth and the ease with which one can incorporate the teachings and techniques into one's personal system.

Like so many other esoteric groups, AMORC is not perfect but if you can withstand the personality conflicts that sometimes arise at the office for example, you shouldn't have a problem. Your mileage may vary according to location of course. Once again, the material really is quite good.

Here is a book that contains many techniques from the lower degrees and the author even got in trouble with AMORC for publishing it! You can check it out and if you are left wanting more then perhaps consider joining:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/36139314/Wisdom-of-the-Mystic-Masters

Best to get a feel for the actual material rather than the various flame wars on the internet. AMORC has been a favorite whipping post in the modern occult scene in recent years for various reasons.

Hi Edward M,

I'll cut to the chase and assume you understand alchemical thought in general (not literal gold making)

as that is what the rosicrucians were involved with it seems. I say "it seems" because this group was/is secretive in a good way.

I was involved with AMORC but very briefly.

H. Spencer Lewis supposedly contacted a "real" Rosicrucian body in the South of France.

He also knew one of the last people who was related to a rosicrucian body in the U.S. (this lady

was a Theosophist when he knew her but he spoke w/her and she gave him some physical objects regarding

the order and discussed things.)

A rosicrucian body was established in Ephrata, Pennsylvania about 400 yrs ago by German rosicrucians from Europe.

Some say they died out...Others that they kept to themselves and shared openly very little but still exist.

Julius Sachse wrote a book called: The German Pietists of provincial Pennsylvania, 1694-1708 in which he describes this rosicrucian body...as I term it.

Now, beyond this regarding the Pennsylvania rosicrucians, I don't know. I myself want to go to Pennsylvania and investigate the Ephrata area and other areas.

In AMORC, when Lewis died, his son took over, after his son died another person took over (Gary Stewart) and some sort of scandal arose in he was eventually cleared of all charges after he resigned, I believe.

AMORC is now kind of "based" out of Canada and not the U.S. anymore.

AMORC also has "filiation" as it's called with a Martinist order.

Please understand that Martinism is not Rosicrucianism...different altogether. Martinism is called "The way of the heart." This order was started by Jean de St. Martin (French name not English.)

My opinion:

AMORC has no true rosicrucian roots because if one was to examine rosicrucian plates (pages which formed a book) one would see Kabbalah being used and expressed along with alchemical thought.

For example:

A book called "The secret teachings of the rosicrucians of the 16th & 17th centuries" is a book you can download at scribd.com (In original German and the English version too I believe). In it, Kabbalah is explicit, as is the 7 planet system along with the 4 elements & the great 3 "Salt, Mercury, and Sulphur".

Another point of concern is that most "rosicrucian" bodies today seem to have lifted material from Blavatskyian Theosophy and rarely mention Jakob Boehme. I say this because Julius Sachse mentioned that Boehme's works were found in the possesion of these rosicrucians in the area of Ephrata, Pennsylvania and I assume, not having read his book in full yet, that they did in fact look into Boehme's writings.

Take care,

stefos

Edited by stefos
  • Like 2

@ theurgy,

Hello sir/ms./ma'am,

May I ask you what your perspective is please on modern "rosicrucian" bodies?

Thank you,

stefos

Thanks for the replies!! that book seems good, although i've only had a chance to skim through it so far :)

Anyone had good results in terms of development with them?

Thanks

Back in the 50s my old Dad took pulp SF mags.

Fantastic stuff, wish I had them now, they'd be worth fortune.

Each and every one of those mags carried ads for the Rosicrucians.

Every now and again the same ad pops up in Old Moore's Almanack.

Full back page colour ad on 2012 edition plus a half page inside so they must still have money..

Address...

IRS

60 Windsor Avenue,

London,

SW 19 2RR

Website...

www.isohm.com

• Like 1

Long ago I belonged to AMORC for perhaps a decade.

I recall reading in an early AMORC manual description of an oblong cube of energy that had some property (forgotten by me).  So the field of energy was generated by an AMORC senior for some purpose.

At time that I read that, I looked up the passage in the manual current at the time.  It was gone.

I deduced that AMORC management of the time was no longer able to do what was done by a previous generation.    This was supported by the movement of AMORC texts to a more philosophical approach with less technical expertise shown.

This is a common problem with esoteric organizations.  They are rarely able to generate new leaders of the caliber of the founder.

From this I deduce that the founders of esoteric organizations have instinctive or supported abilities but do not know enough (or have the authority) to pass them on.

• Like 1

Well, they are 'esoteric' .

One has to consider the bona fides of who it is and what it is they are passing on .

Regrading AMORC,  Rosicrucians  and Spencer Lewis ;  He was a breakaway from an early OTO  ( which  holds a Rosicrucian Degree - the  V 0 )  .  The only record of his membership shows he took the Minerval initiation - 0 , the progression is 0 , I, II , III, IV, P.I. , K.E.W.   then V , so a fair ' way off  ' .  Of course the OTO continued from Lewis' time  and is extensive  throughout the world today , so  the ( relevant )  organisations and authorities have continued .

However this Rosicrucian  organisation and authority  originally came out of esoteric Freemasonry .

There are still Rosicrucian degrees  and traditions practised in this tradition as well , ie. in  Freemasonry .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPDVNsHMuGaRaiPrWIBWf 

On 2/28/2022 at 7:55 PM, Lairg said:

I deduced that AMORC management of the time was no longer able to do what was done by a previous generation.    This was supported by the movement of AMORC texts to a more philosophical approach with less technical expertise shown.

This is a common problem with esoteric organizations.  They are rarely able to generate new leaders of the caliber of the founder.

From this I deduce that the founders of esoteric organizations have instinctive or supported abilities but do not know enough (or have the authority) to pass them on.

I've been noticing or rather thinking this a lot lately. Many groups when they lose their original leader tend to degrade, or never seem to produce anyone of substance. I've honestly been thinking about this a lot lately due to being so fascinated by actual high level mystics or you could say saints. The people who train under them get that guru disciple relationship of having an actual master with Gnosis that can personally guide them, so their progress can be sped up exponentially, as well as being able to personally see what is possible which builds faith and positive outlook which also speeds things up. I wonder if it's a karma thing to be one of the lucky ones to end up in that situation, that the time is right for you. Because I certainly feel lost at times trying to just do long distance training. 

Now I digress and need to specify I don't think Lewis or people who start orders likes the Golden Dawn groups were any sort of that level. The proof is in the pudding there since many seem to self destruct due to petty infighting. I personally respect Amorc because I learned of it from a friend and think it has good effects on people. But I'm also very well aware of the controversy  involved with their founding, and the term Charlatan being thrown around by several sources including Manly P. Hall. So whether their true Rosicrucians or just a good group for esoteric training that coopted the name for advertising sake is a mystery to me.

Sign in to follow this