Maybe you guys could stay on thread topic.

teknix, your ideas about what chi is or isn't have noting to do with this thread.

If you want to debate chi and its reality or lack of, start your own thread devoted to that.

• Like 4

teknix, your ideas about what chi is or isn't have noting to do with this thread.

If you want to debate chi and its reality or lack of, start your own thread devoted to that.

The guy seems to have hypnotic abilities, according to how many threads he already hijacked and how many people he got into straying away from topic without people complaining about it! :angry:

Hi Seth, did you ever wind up obtaining any of the Waysun Liao DVDs, and if so, could you share your experience with them? Thanks!

• Like 1

Teknix (informer) was permanently banned from here in the last few years and this is his new identity.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/27281-has-any-developed-supernatural-powers/page-50#entry410753

You seem to believe that Mind Light Nei Kung is about Condensing Breathing only.

There are many different exercises in it which all work synergically together to create, flow, express and store Jing.

What kind of surprise might be in for me?

You won't be able to. When you see clyman doing long power or short power demos they are with Taiji press or push forms. Ask him if he can do long, short, cold power application without some form of the 8 energies?

The 8 energies are ward off, roll back, press, push, split, roll pull, elbow and shoulder. If you can't compress the Taiji ball you can't apply these powers effectively.

The powers are expressed in how you send the energy (compressed) out. why do you think fa jing is taught as an advanced Taiji application? Because without the structure you can't apply the powers. The actual form might be (and in most advanced Taiji folks is) very small...condensed in size and frame. But it is there nonetheless...

Also those who have spent time and hours in Taiji practice have also developed the dedication and mentality to able to wield this power responsibly. They wouldn't want to knock out a horse or a bull with it!

It looks like the little vibrations you have going seem to have already gone to your head...

Ask yourself what is the motivation behind your wanting to learn about jing? Martial application? Then you don't have the foundation to apply it.

Healing? You haven't learnt to feel the patient's blockages...what can you do with jing then...blast the patient and hope your "treatment" will work?

Become a badass? There is a chance that you might become one but to what end? Show off with your friends and in bars?

Spiritual work? Then jing is not necessary for it. You can work on meditation and connecting with dao (or whatever you want to call it) by simply practicing qi gong and Taiji or yoga or meditation. They all work...

• Like 2

You won't be able to. When you see clyman doing long power or short power demos they are with Taiji press or push forms. Ask him if he can do long, short, cold power application without some form of the 8 energies? The 8 energies are ward off, roll back, press, push, split, roll pull, elbow and shoulder. If you can't compress the Taiji ball you can't apply these powers effectively. The powers are expressed in how you send the energy (compressed) out. why do you think fa jing is taught as an advanced Taiji application? Because without the structure you can't apply the powers. The actual form might be (and in most advanced Taiji folks is) very small...condensed in size and frame. But it is there nonetheless...

Actually, the first 4 of the "8 energies" are included into Gary's Nei Kung system to learn the transfer of power!

And I don't mean only the forms (outdoor student stuff) that you and every other temple style taichi student learns until they get to the Nei Kung level (what's pretty unlikely anyway), I mean the forms + the mind training (meditations) behind it (indoor student stuff). Because without the mind training behind it, you won't be able to use them to transfer power no matter how perfect you can perform the forms!

Also those who have spent time and hours in Taiji practice have also developed the dedication and mentality to able to wield this power responsibly. They wouldn't want to knock out a horse or a bull with it!

Just for scientific reasons!

It looks like the little vibrations you have going seem to have already gone to your head...

Actually, I once woke up at night after training with Gary's Mind Light Nei Kung and felt a frightening strong vibration flowing up and down my spine into my head and BUMPING against my crown point like a hammer! The accompanying humming I heard had the intensity of a waterfall!

Ask yourself what is the motivation behind your wanting to learn about jing? Martial application? Then you don't have the foundation to apply it. Healing? You haven't learnt to feel the patient's blockages...what can you do with jing then...blast the patient and hope your "treatment" will work? Become a badass? There is a chance that you might become one but to what end? Show off with your friends and in bars?

You asking me for which application I'm doing Nei Kung? Is that a reflection of your own mind-set? If you are doing this for any kind of application, than your motivation is quite impure compared to mine.

Spirit ual work? Then jing is not necessary for it. You can work on meditation and connecting with dao (or whatever you want to call it) by simply practicing qi gong and Taiji or yoga or meditation. They all work...

You are wrong! If you had read "Tao - The Way of God" from Waysun Liao, then you knew that without Jing (= high frequenzy energy) it's impossible to reach Te or even Tao! And without Nei Kung, you won't get high frequenzy energy (Jing)!

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

I find that there are many pathways to the same goal. It's what resonates with you thats all that matters. In Alex Kozma's book Warrior Gaurds the mountain there are many ancedotes of many master with extraordinary ability. All different practices same results. Doesn't matter what you do (to some extent), it's how you do it (with total conviction and love), then you will reach your goal. Building virtue is IMO more important than qi, jing, Shen. May you all have a blessed day.

Love and blessings.

• Like 2

Actually, the first 4 of the "8 energies" are included into Gary's Nei Kung system to learn the transfer of power!

And I don't mean only the forms (outdoor student stuff) that you and every other temple style taichi student learns until they get to the Nei Kung level (what's pretty unlikely anyway), I mean the forms + the mind training (meditations) behind it (indoor student stuff). Because without the mind training behind it, you won't be able to use them to transfer power no matter how perfect you can perform the forms!

Just for scientific reasons!

Actually, I once woke up at night after training with Gary's Mind Light Nei Kung and felt a frightening strong vibration flowing up and down my spine into my head and BUMPING against my crown point like a hammer! The accompanying humming I heard had the intensity of a waterfall!

You asking me for which application I'm doing Nei Kung? Is that a reflection of your own mind-set? If you are doing this for any kind of application, than your motivation is quite impure compared to mine.

You are wrong! If you had read "Tao - The Way of God" from Waysun Liao, then you knew that without Jing (= high frequenzy energy) it's impossible to reach Te or even Tao! And without Nei Kung, you won't get high frequenzy energy (Jing)!

Don't you know it all...

Good luck ;)

• Like 1

http://www.taichitaocenter.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=21

This has all you need to learn the basic forms - single forms. And very good instructions in both solo as well as two person practice.

Seth,

This is a good list of DVDs ... All of which are highly recommended. I own this set and it has helped in my practice.

The other one is titled "how to make your Taichi ball substantial"

• Like 2

I don't disagree with that. :)

Although, I don't necessarily attribute the cause to neceassarily be chi. I don't consider chi to be the cause because of better health because I think it condones ignorance and is a crutch, much like some religions use "god", to unveiling the true mechanisms involved.

You can say it is because of chi, but what is it really because of?

(Just my opinion)

To be frank, your opinion is a religion. It's not based on science. Let me expose you to some experiments using pranic healing, which is a NO-TOUCH form of energy healing that originated in China but was modernized by Master Choa Kok Sui. The treatment is applied by the healer imagining different colors of prana or light emitted from his or her palm chakras to be able to energetically cleanse and charge the patient / space with prana. This healing can occur at thousands of miles away, because prana is a non-local form of energy.

Here is a double blind experiment conducted by Andrea Tarabek R.N. who was testing the effects of pranic healing in the birthing room. Neither the hospital staff nor the patients were made aware any healing had been done. Also keep in mind that only the ROOM had been pranically cleaned before the patients and staff went in. In quantum physics they would call this a conditioned space.

http://www.pranichealingukire.co.uk/BirthRoomResearch.pdf

In some cases the results of labor complications were reduced by a STAGGERING 74%!!

In another study over 800 trials were conducted by Dr. Joie Jones at UC Irvin's radiology department, testing the effect of pranic healing on cells in a petri dish. Keep in mind that even if the healer was 6000 miles away it made NO difference on the power or effect of the healing treatments.

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/06/05/zellkulturen-drjones-dt/zellkulturen-drjones-dt.pdf

I had to upload the pdf from my personal collection, as it has disappeared from the internet. Feel free to distribute it.

Here is another experiment that is also non-local. In this experiment the effects of the coherent waves of prana generated by meditators are being tested on a large scale. You can see over and over again, if the square root of a population engages in meditation simultaneously, the cumulative effect is enough to reduce crime and chaos in that area in a statistically significant way, repeatedly.

It's called, The Maharishi Effect:

http://maharishi-programmes.globalgoodnews.com/maharishi-effect/research.html

Just to play quantum devil's advocate about "god." To me okay, to me... "God" if you wish to call Tao that exists in a state of quantum uncertainty, both 1/2 existing and 1/2 not existing. This is the fundamental explanation behind yin and yang or what Kabbalists call yesh and ayin, infinity and nothingness, being and non-being.

People spend so much time arguing over such paradoxes, not realizing the the glass is both half full AND half empty, the ideas are not mutually exclusive.

It is best to remain in the Buddhist perspective of non-attachment, even to your "faith" in you scientific "theories." Atheism too is a belief system, keep that in mind. I have long ago stopped believing in believing, i suggest you tone down the hubris and spend some more time reading instead of spreading your ignorance and calling thousands of years of research ignorance and a crutch.

Edited by Immortal
  • Like 2

Waysun Liao DVD's and lectures are on special offer until the end of January 2021 

Enjoy 50% OFF of any video item on Taichitao tv with the following coupon code:ANNIVERSARY

Hope this help someone

• Like 2

Anyone know where I can buy any of the Waysun Liao dvd sets?

• Seminar on Internal Work – 9 Disc Set  
  • Ultimate Internal Power Workshop – 8 Disc Set
  • Chi Flow Series – 7 Disc Set                             
  • Using Your Center of Power – 5 Disc Set       
  • Learn to Connect and Broadcast – 6 Disc Set   
  • Advanced Chi Awareness Series – 5 Disc Set    
  • How to Develop Chi – 10 Disc Set               

Or any others

Thanks

21 hours ago, OKO696 said:

Anyone know where I can buy any of the Waysun Liao dvd sets?

• Seminar on Internal Work – 9 Disc Set  
  • Ultimate Internal Power Workshop – 8 Disc Set
  • Chi Flow Series – 7 Disc Set                             
  • Using Your Center of Power – 5 Disc Set       
  • Learn to Connect and Broadcast – 6 Disc Set   
  • Advanced Chi Awareness Series – 5 Disc Set    
  • How to Develop Chi – 10 Disc Set               

Or any others

Thanks

All the titles are available online on taichitao.tv 

if you have a reasonable internet connection,  just buy the streaming titles — it’s cheaper and always available without the hassle of switching DVDs etc 

• Thanks 2