I don't disagree with that. :)

Although, I don't necessarily attribute the cause to neceassarily be chi. I don't consider chi to be the cause because of better health because I think it condones ignorance and is a crutch, much like some religions use "god", to unveiling the true mechanisms involved.

You can say it is because of chi, but what is it really because of?

(Just my opinion)

This way of looking at things in life may not be suitable for you, but I have spent a lifetime studying the concepts of qi, prana, energy (yes, we use that word all of the time in Western exercise practices), and to understand its nature and how to nurture it does help one in life in many ways. This does not mean that for you this has any meaning or value. We each journey along our own path. However, in time you may find it interesting. It is not supernatural, anymore than the nature of breadth and food is supernatural (life Qi is formed by breadth and food), but it is knowledge that is helpful. I do not say this to try to convince you. More to relate my own life experiences. May you have good health no matter which path you travel.

• Like 1

Why couldn't it simply be endorphins and chemical pathways?

Edited by teknix

This way of looking at things in life may not be suitable for you, but I have spent a lifetime studying the concepts of qi, prana, energy (yes, we use that word all of the time in Western exercise practices), and to understand its nature and how to nurture it does help one in life in many ways. This does not mean that for you this has any meaning or value. We each journey along our own path. However, in time you may find it interesting. It is not supernatural, anymore than the nature of breadth and food is supernatural (life Qi is formed by breadth and food), but it is knowledge that is helpful. I do not say this to try to convince you. More to relate my own life experiences. May you have good health no matter which path you travel.

Taiji student you have a very balanced way of responding, I admire you.

Must look into tai chi haha, maybe the gary clyman thing too haha

Not to say I never feel like this or that general advancement in ones cultivation path whatever it is doesnt lead the same results, past few days I havent been sleeping properly or done any cultivation which is unusual.

I do find that people that do Taichi a lot respond to such disturbances in a more harmonious way to create balance, I think the taichi symbol is balance. In our society it seems yang and yang creating more yang. Taichi seems good for this.

Edited by sinansencer
  • Like 2

Think about it this way, your body isn't spending energy to make sperm, so what happens to that energy that would have been used to produce sperm?

Hi just want to contribute. About the whole sperm thing. Each day about 300 million sperm complete spermatogenesis (undergoes mitosis). So technically you are making a lot os sperm each day. Our body is very amazing. No wasted energy (ATP wise I mean).

Oh Teknix is Chidragon2.

Hes informer

Why couldn't it simply be endorphins and chemical pathways?

Everything is related. It is approaching the question with a different understanding and with this new understanding approaching health from a different point of view. It is like sports training. Each coach has a different perspective and trains his/her players based upon these different perspectives. I know many people who live to a very healthy old age simply by walking and eating well. Each person approaches life differently. Nothing is required however knowledge is knowledge.

• Like 2

Taiji student you have a very balanced way of responding, I admire you.

Must look into tai chi haha, maybe the gary clyman thing too haha

Not to say I never feel like this or that general advancement in ones cultivation path whatever it is doesnt lead the same results, past few days I havent been sleeping properly or done any cultivation which is unusual.

I do find that people that do Taichi a lot respond to such disturbances in a more harmonious way to create balance, I think the taichi symbol is balance. In our society it seems yang and yang creating more yang. Taichi seems good for this.

It is for each person to explore what he/she to wishes to explore and to discard that which he/she finds not useful and to cultivate that which is useful. I wish you very well on your journey and much success in your endeavors.

Edited by taijistudent
  • Like 1

It seems the like perspective of both an apt pupil and of a good teacher (imo), who taught you this?

Edited by teknix

It seems the like perspective of both an apt pupil and of a good teacher (imo), who taught you this?

It is all from experiencing life and reflecting on my many experiences in life. Many people and many relationships. Each one presenting something new to learn. May you have a very long life so you have many experiences to learn from and reflect upon.

It seems that there are many perspectives, and none of them seem to be absolute, you have shown this understanding which I find an admirable trait and one of an open mind.

I think that by choosing no ultimate perspective, you are privy to most perspectives without the inherent bias connected through ownership (ego) of said perspective.

Edited by teknix

So far, I had no health issues at all!

To the contrary, my health increased significantly over the course of over 3 years with Gary's Nei Kung training concerning rate of infections.

I never did any Taichi before.

Also, on which publically buyable DVD's does Liao finally get serious anyway and trains "Condensing Breathing"?

And I don't mean that weak "Condensing of a Taichi ball between your hands" kind of stuff!

I mean condensing into the bones!

Because everything before that point is just child's play and beginner's stuff in my personal opinion!

With a real physical teacher. Learning to do condensing breathing without Taiji is like installing a 1000 HP engine without a body. It won't take you anywhere.

If you think you can apply fa Jing without learning how to apply one of the 8 energies you might be in for a surprise when you actually try to do it.

Taijistudent,

So how do you determine the legitimacy of a claim to know to throw it out or keep it?

Edited by teknix

It seems that there are many perspectives, and none of them seem to be absolute, you have shown this understanding which I find an admirable trait and one of an open mind.

Thank you. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Edited by taijistudent

Taijistudent,

So how do you determine the legitimacy of a claim to know to throw it out or keep it?

If the claim is of interest to me, I use my experiences, my awareness, and my further explorations, and I make a judgment for myself. As I learn more, I may go back and revisit some of the judgments made earlier in my life and re-evaluate based upon my new understandings and knowledge.

Edited by taijistudent

Learning to do condensing breathing without Taiji is like installing a 1000 HP engine without a body. It won't take you anywhere.

You seem to believe that Mind Light Nei Kung is about Condensing Breathing only.

There are many different exercises in it which all work synergically together to create, flow, express and store Jing.

If you think you can apply fa Jing without learning how to apply one of the 8 energies you might be in for a surprise when you actually try to do it.

What kind of surprise might be in for me?

Edited by Dorian Black

If the claim is of interest to me, I use my experiences, my awareness, and my further explorations, and I make a judgment for myself. As I learn more, I may go back and revisit some of the judgments made earlier in my life and re-evaluate based upon my new understandings and knowledge.

Maybe you will enjoy this song:

Water Shows the Hidden Heart

Water shows the hidden heart

From the city of Constellations

to the wanderer

and a Place of Rains

he journeys on...

...The City of hesitation and doubt

the Island of the house the colour of the sea

the Plain of Mementoes

he journeys on to find his love...

...the Valley of lost time